Best CRT tv

I have been using Sony 29" TV with DRC-MF technology. According to company it gives picture quality 4 times better than regular CRT tv. It indeed does this with no scanning lines visible. It up converts regular broadcasts to signals at par with high defination signals. sound quality is good with SRS trusurround. model no - KV-DR29M80

DRC-MF stands for digital reality creation- multi function.It accepts progressive signals via component input from DVD player. Price paid Rs50,000

picture quality is at par with todays high end TVs

I believe it is not available today but you may get used ones.

I have been using Sony 29" TV with DRC-MF technology. According to company it gives picture quality 4 times better than regular CRT tv. It indeed does this with no scanning lines visible. It up converts regular broadcasts to signals at par with high defination signals. sound quality is good with SRS trusurround. model no - KV-DR29M80

DRC-MF stands for digital reality creation- multi function.It accepts progressive signals via component input from DVD player. Price paid Rs50,000

picture quality is at par with todays high end TVs

I believe it is not available today but you may get used ones.

yes its is best 29inch crt out there , it used to cost 28k 2years ago in grey market.

Hi Metalbandit,
I have a strong feeling that you will get a good price of Panasonic in Kohinoor.
Let me see if I have any numbers-- thogh I find tel enquiry is discouraged.

Call me if possible.

Hemant

Hi.

My Q-Is there 29 in CRT which has 720p input(even HD ready) which is still available in India easily?

Many has said about Philips & sam models but interested in Sony.

Sony I think is not possible as Sony is phased out CRT. Ditto about other manufacturers.As they are busy in pushing new tech.

And you can see as 29 Inch DRC MF was 50 K - I bought full HD LG Lcd 42 Inch( against exchange) @ Rs 50.5 K!!

In 6 Months you may get 42 inch Full HD SONY @ Rs 50 K!!!

In long term prices may fall further.

( During the long term, all factors are variable.

According to John Maynard Keynes, "In the long term, we're all dead.")

Hi.

My Q-Is there 29 in CRT which has 720p input(even HD ready) which is still available in India easily? Many has said about Philips & sam models but interested in Sony.

Spiro, irrespective of what the input is or how your DVD Player works, a CRT can only display pictures in interlaced format up to a maximum of 525 lines. CRTs do not have pixels as their technology is completely different. There is no such thing as HD Ready, Progressive scanning or 720p for CRTs.

A CRT is an analogue device. In all CRT monitors, the image is painted on the screen by an electron beam that scans from one side of the display to the other drawing thin lines. This scan is used to display the transitions in color, intensity and pattern, and each complete pass of the electron gun is called a FIELD. Analogue TV uses a process that relies on the brain's ability to integrate gradual transitions in pattern that the eye sees as the image is painted on the screen. Each picture or frame on a television screen is composed of 525 lines, numbered from 1 to 525. During the first phase of screen drawing, even-numbered lines are drawn - 2,4,6,8 and so on. During the next phase, the odd lines are drawn 1,3,5,7 and so on. The eye integrates the two images to create a single image. The fields are said to be interleaved together or interlaced. A frame or complete picture consists of two fields.

Cheers

Hey thanks moser for your quick response. i think I'll do some more exploring on this front; Last time around, my intention was just to check out the price range in the market, I didn't get a demo of any of the models.

Also planning to check out Samsung, LG, Sharp (if possible). Also found a link on JVC India. Welcome to JVC India.

Any opinions on JVC?

Metalbandit,

I used to own a JVC VCR in 1985 & worked for me for 15 years with just a few minor problems. Those were of course the good old days where the products were Made In Japan and of much better quality then the crap we get from outsourced manufacturing companies.

I think JVC outsourcers its TV manufacturing to Funai in Japan (Source: JVC, Funai to team up in LCD TVs | Tech News on ZDNet ) incidentally Funai markets its TV under the Emerson brand at Wal-Mart stores in USA.

From a brand and technology perspective JVC is a reliable brand, besides I am not aware if you know this but JVC is also owned 52% by Matsusthia Electric owners of the brands Panasonic National & Technics. So I wont be surprised the parts behind JVC and Panasonic products must be coming in from the same suppliers.

Spiderman.

Regarding JVC
I was in TV industry and I do not remember seeing JVC CRT. I think the site is old-as it shows one 16:9 CRT -- now for long I have seen such a CRT. Also it shows some RP- Rear Projection TVS.

In fact if you find pleae put a note on forum.

Regarding JVC
I was in TV industry and I do not remember seeing JVC CRT. I think the site is old-as it shows one 16:9 CRT -- now for long I have seen such a CRT. Also it shows some RP- Rear Projection TVS.

In fact if you find pleae put a note on forum.

Hi Hemant,

Visited one store in Thane, Bharat Electronics, where the JVC was on display and he quoted 17 K for the 29 incher. PQ was better than the other models on display, but the sound was similar to others, not much refinement as such. I didn't show much interest in buying the JVC, else I reckon he would have come down a little. He offered the Sansui 29" at 11 K.

Hi Hemant,

Visited one store in Thane, Bharat Electronics, where the JVC was on display and he quoted 17 K for the 29 incher. PQ was better than the other models on display, but the sound was similar to others, not much refinement as such. I didn't show much interest in buying the JVC, else I reckon he would have come down a little. He offered the Sansui 29" at 11 K.

Where is Bharat in Thane?

Initialy I was @ to purchase 42" HD Ready Plasma costing around 50K-55. Pls see my Thread "HD Ready Or Full HD Confused"....
But many forum members suggested for Full HD. Hence I was looking for a good 29" CRT @ 12-13K for a period of year or two after which I would have gone for 42" or bigger Full HD Plasma/LCD/LED LCD. I came to know @ the Philips 29PT8836 model & learned our forum member Ishwar had the same. Ishwar informed me that Sumaria in Mumbai had them. I enquired with Sumaria Chembur Mumbai and they had one demo piece available(The price quoted 14K with One year warranty with exchange of my old AKAI 2167P Model). After negotiations Sumaria did not reduce the price but offered without exchange. I watched the Philips set for 2 hrs in store and found no flaws. Bought at home today and is on since 4 PM. I also found customer for my old TV for 1K. So the net price is 13K.
The picture is absolute stunning. Special thanks to Ishwar :)
Warm Regards..

Initialy I was @ to purchase 42" HD Ready Plasma costing around 50K-55. Pls see my Thread "HD Ready Or Full HD Confused"....
But many forum members suggested for Full HD. Hence I was looking for a good 29" CRT @ 12-13K for a period of year or two after which I would have gone for 42" or bigger Full HD Plasma/LCD/LED LCD. I came to know @ the Philips 29PT8836 model & learned our forum member Ishwar had the same. Ishwar informed me that Sumaria in Mumbai had them. I enquired with Sumaria Chembur Mumbai and they had one demo piece available(The price quoted 14K with One year warranty with exchange of my old AKAI 2167P Model). After negotiations Sumaria did not reduce the price but offered without exchange. I watched the Philips set for 2 hrs in store and found no flaws. Bought at home today and is on since 4 PM. I also found customer for my old TV for 1K. So the net price is 13K.
The picture is absolute stunning. Special thanks to Ishwar :)
Warm Regards..

I appreciate your patience for spending 2hrs.

Yes that was long time. Even Sumaria people were not sure what was I looking for, for almost 2 hrs. Since it was a demo/display unit, I had to make sure it works fine and does not give problems eventhough covered under one year warantee. Now on at home for atleast 7 hrs, no problem found.:)

Man u go da deal!!Re: Best CRT tv

Congratts Sandip!
It is a real deal!!
Enjoy
In fact CRT is robust and stable technology and if someone is getting used at really good price I think one should take the risk
In fact I am sure that last Sony 34 Inches CRT ( 80 or 100 Hz) must be selling at handsome price in used market.

Last edited:
2 yrs back,Sam had 100Hz CRT with 16:9 ratio.
now Philips has developed 21:7 ,true cinemascope LCD.

Re: Man u go da deal!!Re: Best CRT tv

Congratts Sandip!
It is a real deal!!
Enjoy
In fact CRT is robust and stable echnology and if someone is etting used at really good price I think one should takeb the risk
In fact I am sure that last Sony 34 Inches CRT ( 80 or 100 Hz) must be selling at handsome price in used market.

well the 36inch sony HR series that model still commands a price double that of a regular 32inch sony lcd,since that model the HR series was the pinnacle of TRINITRON technology,with DRC MF-V1 engine the same used in bravia X series,not be confused with the sony DB or DR29inch which had a DRC MF,the one in the HR series had a super fine pictch 16:9 picture tube unlike the regular HD crt tv which although is capable of displaying 720p/1080i videos it still a 4:3 screen,the super fine pitch HR series had a pitch 4 times smaller then a regular HD ready CRT.in 2006 it used to retail for 1.3lakh at the same time sony V series used to retail for 84k.
to sum it up the sony HR series was the best CRT money could buy.

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back