Best DTS Movie(s) ?

zoey

Movies with best DTS effects.

Guys,
I want to know the movies that have really good DTS sound effects. It may not have good story but you may probably like to watch it for its sound effects. Like the movie "The Haunting "... it has really great sound but story not that great.
I already have some movies in my mind... like
Saving Private Ryan
Jurassic Park
The Lord of the Rings
Gladiator

So which movies do you guys suggest ?

Last edited:
1) Matrix Triology
2) Perfect Storm ( Expreince the Storm)
3) XXX ( of Vin Diesel _ not what you think !!!:lol:Anyway check the avalanhe sean!)
4)Fast and Furious
5) 300
6) Star wars Remastered
7) Final Destination

The Scorpion King (Several Fight scenes)
Blade
The Day After Tomorrow (The scenes where sea water rushes into New York)
Shoot 'Em Up (Again several fast action scenes)

Serenity - most of the battle scenes
Saving Private Ryan - First scene is on of the best
Event Horizon (fantastic bass effect will challenge any setup)
Aliens
U571: When the sub divies the bass is amazing and can challenge any HT setup
Incredibles - all round movie for sound effects
Master and Commander - wide variety of frequencies
Phantom of Opera - This is for bass and explosion haters, lovely movies with good sound

Let me add some more...

Terminator 2 Judgement Day- Directors cut.:licklips:
The Haunting
War of the Worlds
Black Hawk Down
Die Hard 4.0
Behind Enemy Lines
Kill Bill ( I cant watch too much blood):eek:
Ice Age

:clapping:
Sam;)

Watched Topgun recently in DTS,it was one hell of a experience,still cant believe that the movie came in the year 1986. One word Awesome! all the Jet scenes!
Vj

Are all these in DVDs (DTS), if so, from where are you all sourcing?
I download em using torrents and burn em to DVDs.currently i am collecting all the HD MKV DTS version and i have a software which converts HD MKVs into DVDs retaining the DTS track and it sound just perfect in the HT.

I download em using torrents and burn em to DVDs.currently i am collecting all the HD MKV DTS version and i have a software which converts HD MKVs into DVDs retaining the DTS track and it sound just perfect in the HT.

Hi!
Can u pls share the technique / name of the software you use with the forum members pls? We all can benefit with the techniques.....

thanks

Sure why not? As i mentioned,i would download a HD MKV from any torrent site,i generally use piratebay.I specifically look for best sounding movies with 1.5 MBPS DTS in the MKV format.I then use a SW called ConvertX to DVD which can convert the MKV into a nice and clean DVD format which would give u the best PQ and SQ. It also automatically creates the main menu for you with chapters,settings etc.For a DVD movie,it gives around 4.2 GB approx which u can burn to a empty DVD-R.
Go ahead and give this one a try :)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back