Best DVD player for music

hauntedhunter

Hi,

I'm asking my friend to bring me a DVD player . Please suggest one considering the following :

1.Budget : 6-7K INR Max
2.It should be very very good with music ( playing audio CDs )
3.DivX capability.
4.Region free
5.USB ( Want to play .avi movies from USB pen drive + play music/movies from portable
HDD )
6.Should play SACD + DTS CD + DVD-A

Please suggest :)

Thanks

Oppo I guess. Though I have never heard them myself.
Have read experts in this forum indicate the same. It maybe little over your budget. OPPO Digital - Up-Converting DVD Players - Buy Direct from the Manufacturer

Something to fit right in your budget is Pioneer DV-610AV-S (silver) @ 6.5K in grey market.
I have this and sound is good. The back colour model is not available here!

Hi,

I have this DVD palyer 610 purchased from grey market in India for 6.5K.

It's a very good player. I haven't played scratched discs though fearing it might damage the lens.. But overall i can say the player is very good. Go for it.. it is available in pioneer showroom for 9990/- MRP

Thanks,
Prakash.

You dont have worry about the region issues, here many of our expert forum members till using the PioDV-610AV. They will help you if it raises. Also try get a Black one, which looks very good than muddy silver.

If your friend is coming from the US, the best is Oppo 980. For about 170 US, it will fit into your budget. It beats all other players (including the Pioneer 610) for music reproduction.

Cheers

If your friend is coming from the US, the best is Oppo 980. For about 170 US, it will fit into your budget. It beats all other players (including the Pioneer 610) for music reproduction.

Cheers

Will a DVD player brought from US work in India?I mean power supply issues and all ( don't have much idea on this ).
Oppo DV-980H is around 9.5K INR in singapore :sad:

Will a DVD player brought from US work in India?I mean power supply issues and all ( don't have much idea on this ).
Oppo DV-980H is around 9.5K INR in singapore :sad:

Quite possible that it will not. My friend had got Onkyo HTiB 5100 which was 110V. He then had to buy a step down transformer @ 2K to handle power up to 1KW.

Quite possible that it will not. My friend had got Onkyo HTiB 5100 which was 110V. He then had to buy a step down transformer @ 2K to handle power up to 1KW.

The Oppo 980H operates from 100 to 240 volts. In addition, there is a simple way to make it region free. If you can afford 9.5K, believe me, that is the best DVD Player for both movies and music in it's price class. I use it's elder brother, the 983, everyday as a CD Player to just listen to music. It comes very close to dedicated CD players.

Cheers

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back