Best gaming console

manju

Hi,

I have a 37" Samsung series 5 LCD TV. Also have a PS2 and played with it only for few times and after that never used it because of its graphics. Now would like to buy a gaming console, which is the best one? Where can i get it in Bangalore?

Also i cant afford much for Games later on by paying 2K to 2.5 K but to connect live i have 2MBPS broadband..

Please suggest me on this

i want to buy it in next 2 days...

Thanks in Advance

Last edited:
Hi,

I have a 37" Samsung series 5 LCD TV. Also have a PS2 and played with it only for few times and after that never used it because of its graphics. Now would like to buy a gaming console, which is the best one? Where can i get it in Bangalore?

Also i cant afford much for Games later on by paying 2K to 2.5 K but to connect live i have 2MBPS broadband..

Please suggest me on this

i want to buy it in next 2 days...

Thanks in Advance

ps2 is an brilliant device - there are tons of games on the ps2 which are cheap and so fun fun. Even games like GOW 1/2 are awesome - i had so much fun last year playing GOW for the first time.

As per your requirements xbox (cracked) is the way to go - but if you want to play online, you will be banned if you use a cracked xbox. But then again xbox has a large collection of games which look great and are fun 2.

ps3 cannot be cracked (i mean will not work with pirated games) - games are expensive, look good. Plus it doubles up as a great multimedia player. Wait for the new slim ps3 to be launched this diwali/early next year.

Hello Manju,
XBOX 360 will be a very good option for you since you have 2mbps broadband. There are many games available for download and play online. From my personal experience playing online with human opponents is much more fun than just playing with computer.Xbox 360 has this problem of three red rings of death but microsoft provides 3 years pickup and replace warranty for that. so absolutely make sure you buy first hand product with proper documents to use this warranty facility.
thanks,
Mahiruha.

Where can i buy XBOX 360 latest build i.e with Jasper chip in bangalore? I believe RROD problem has been resolved with the latest models.

Can i play Blue-Ray rips of H.264/MPEG-4 AVC and Xvid 1280 x 544 resolution movies in XBOX360?

Last edited:
Hi Guys

I contacted Consoul Interactive, they have the latest model ie. Jasper units but came to know that they don't accept Credit Cards...:sad:

They offered me XBOX Arcade @ Rs16480 + Halo 3 + Forza

Hello Manju,
sorry to hear that. I can imagine your situation.:sad: But I must warn you other than playing games the capacity of XBOX 360 as a stand alone media player is pretty restricted. Even dvd playback is only limited to indian region only. Other than that if you don't have a pc or laptop running windows media center it is unable to play any video over the network. Hope this helps.
Thanks.

You mean i cant even play the downloaded Divx/XVID movies?

Well, I have a PC and download the movies from NET. I copy it to Seagate 40GB USB drive (At least i can write them on to the DVD's as DataDisk) and if i connect it to XBOX it wont play those movies?

Also can anybody help me where else i can buy this console in Bangalore? I will make the payment through Credit Card only...If prices are lesser than what Consoul Interactive quoted they are most welcome :licklips:

Last edited:
I really doubt it that xbox will play those. Haven't tried myself. Once I triedt o play view cd in it but it didn't play.

Hi Guys,

Buying XBOX 360 today from PlanetM at 16990 (Jasper Unit) with 5 Games Free including Forza 2 and additional 2 demo games..Special thanks to mahiruha for answering my queries..

Cheers :yahoo:

Bought the beast home...but unable to connect it as Power cord plug is bigger than expected in my room...:indifferent14:

Anyway bought it at PlanetM HSR Layout at Rs16450 with Halo 3 + Forza 2 (Yet to receive the Game DVD's as currently stock is not available) , but looks like the console is having 5 built in games.. Initially he told Games are not free, then i told him that others are offering games worth Rs4500 Free, then he called some one and confirmed that he will provide:cool:

Its time to find an electrician :)..also the following details are mentioned on the Box

But seller didnt provided the XBOX Live card..Does it come along with the box or has he taken it? I don't know

Month of Year of Import - Aug 2009
LOT ID : XB001328
MFG Date: 25-06-2009

Power
12.5 Vs - 12.1A - 5vsb - 1A

Hello Manju,
that's a pity that you have the console but can't start playing. Well did you get any ethernet cable . You need one to connect to the internet. Normally with new console you get one month free subscription to xbox live gold membership. Otherwise you can buy membership online using your credit card.
Xbox 360 Live Cards
Xbox.com | Membership Levels - Xbox Live Subscription Plans
Happy gaming,
mahiruha.

why don't go for ps3

i too have four xbox 360's but three of them died and for that fear i sold my forth one

i know the new 360's got 65nm chip but the risk is still there for red rings of death

so why not go for ps3 as its price now reduce to 19990 for 80 gb console with two free games uncharted and gt5 prologue and online game is free too

I connected my modem directly to XBOX which i was using for my PC (I connected using Ethernet card in PC). Its trying to update but looks like since i dont have HDD right now it is not updating.

But as the dealer calimed it is having built in Games,it is false. There are no games to play as of now..soon will buy and will join the online club.. i hardly use the console for 2 Hrs a day so not worried on RROD as of now

As far PS3 is concerned i cant afford those games soon or later i will MOD my XBOX with firmware and let us see how long it will take to get banned online;)

No wonder this is an HIFI forum so ppl have little or no experience of gaming :eek:hyeah:
let me clarify some things for you
1. The XBox 360 is the right buy for you
2. The console which you have bought if is a jasper (as per the power supply you have quoted it is a jasper !!) has a inbuilt 256 MB of flash memory and is gud enough for the NXE interface which uses around 120 MB of space.
3. There are Software Modding solutions available namely Ixtreme which will not get you banned from XBOX live!!!
4. while getting a xbox modded take care of removing your warranty sticker with a hair drier and your sticker will come out without tearing guaranteeing you warranty replacement:eek:hyeah:
4. lastly the playback of av via a network is great...and would be suitable on your lcd tv...
cheers and gud buy m8

Hi,

The latest builds have 512 MB. Mine is also 512 MB. Bought a 60HB HDD which comes with Wired Headset, 3 Months Gold subscription and an ethernet cable.
I dismantled the box and saw that its Philips Liteon with FW Ver of 74850C.
Also connected the Box with HDMI and today bought BattleField2, the sound is strucking in between dont know why behaving like that. But the game is some what OK to play. Not worth though of 2.5 K...

Trying to get it modded in Bangalore. If u know some one PM me.

Cheers,
Manju

Hi,

The latest builds have 512 MB. Mine is also 512 MB. Bought a 60HB HDD which comes with Wired Headset, 3 Months Gold subscription and an ethernet cable.
I dismantled the box and saw that its Philips Liteon with FW Ver of 74850C.
Also connected the Box with HDMI and today bought BattleField2, the sound is strucking in between dont know why behaving like that. But the game is some what OK to play. Not worth though of 2.5 K...

Trying to get it modded in Bangalore. If u know some one PM me.

Cheers,
Manju

battle field bad company has distorted sound its not your system's fault its just the recording of game

Hello Manju,
if you like battle games then I think the best option is battlefield 1943 which is only available for download as an arcade game in xbox live. costs only rs1000 or so. Its a very interesting game.
thnaks.

No wonder this is an HIFI forum so ppl have little or no experience of gaming :eek:hyeah:
let me clarify some things for you
1. The XBox 360 is the right buy for you
2. The console which you have bought if is a jasper (as per the power supply you have quoted it is a jasper !!) has a inbuilt 256 MB of flash memory and is gud enough for the NXE interface which uses around 120 MB of space.
3. There are Software Modding solutions available namely Ixtreme which will not get you banned from XBOX live!!!
4. while getting a xbox modded take care of removing your warranty sticker with a hair drier and your sticker will come out without tearing guaranteeing you warranty replacement:eek:hyeah:
4. lastly the playback of av via a network is great...and would be suitable on your lcd tv...
cheers and gud buy m8

Now I dont see the need for that first line. Even a Hifi forum such as ours can have gamers with experience. Granted they may be few, but that need not be an issue.

As to the best gaming proposition available, it very much depends on the kind of gaming the OP is looking for, the versatility that he is looking for in the console and a few other things such as initial cost and individual game disc cost etc.

The most versatile solution is the PS3. It is also the costliest by a margin. Considering that it adds up as a Blu Ray player and can even sport an operating system to operate as a low cost computer, it is a good deal for what it gives you. But given that the games are pretty costly in India (2.5K) and modding is not possible, it is an expensive solution all round.

The XBOX 360, in my opinion, has the widest range of games in all genres and is a very versatile gaming console. Unfortunately problems such as the Ring of death are very common and you would have to trust dealers on whether they are indeed selling the Jasper chip based XBOX. And I am partial to the XBOX controller. The buttons have the right depression range and the correct kind of feedback in my opinion. With the PS3, Sony have gone on the right track but there is still a way to go.

If you are into casual or party gaming or even wish to have a game console which is approachable for all family members you need not look further than the Nintendo Wii. Among consoles, this is the one which has that wow factor and the one that is the most fun after you open the box. The Wiimote (its unique controller) is the reason for the most part.

But with the least amount of graphics capability, this is not the console that a hardcore gamer would enjoy. At any rate not for a great length of time. I also have a problem with the Wiimote control being a bit too erratic for fast paced action games requiring accuracy and some nimble user input. Lastly actually moving your body and hands while playing video games is a fun idea, but it gets old easily. :) I hope this does not put people off this console. It really is a fun machine, but it needs a group to get going. The other consoles can operate as one-man machines - longer than the Wii. But it is all down to personal preference. Here I have laid out my opinions and preferences.

If you are into casual or party gaming or even wish to have a game console which is approachable for all family members you need not look further than the Nintendo Wii. Among consoles, this is the one which has that wow factor and the one that is the most fun after you open the box. The Wiimote (its unique controller) is the reason for the most part.

But with the least amount of graphics capability, this is not the console that a hardcore gamer would enjoy. At any rate not for a great length of time. I also have a problem with the Wiimote control being a bit too erratic for fast paced action games requiring accuracy and some nimble user input. Lastly actually moving your body and hands while playing video games is a fun idea, but it gets old easily. :) I hope this does not put people off this console. It really is a fun machine, but it needs a group to get going. .

With you on that... Wii is novel and fun for a group especially for Sporty games . but not the best for others where hand movements actually get to be a problem .
But it is an amazing experience !

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back