Best Home theater under 25K INR

Could anybody suggest a good home theater in a box for under 25K? Thank you.

Visit any Sony World outlet and you will find them starting from 15K onwards.

However if are willing to spend around 25-29K check out the Yamaha AV57 ( a great value for the money).

I am sure there must be many more available. If you mention the town/city you reside in it will be a lot easier for others to recommend.

I am in Bangalore. I did visit Sony and Philips showrooms. I wanted to avoid the package with DVD player. I wanted to buy a package of reciever and speakers instead of DVD player and speakers.

You will have to increase your budget for this kind of setup.

Seperates generally cost more. A budget AV Receiver will alone cost anywhere between 20-25K and speakers will be extra.

Ok, what is the minimum amount that I'll need to spend on getting such a setup.? and what reciever and which speakers, cables should one use. An active subwoofer will also be needed.

Ok, what is the minimum amount that I'll need to spend on getting such a setup.? and what reciever and which speakers, cables should one use. An active subwoofer will also be needed.

You could go for a YAMAHA RXV-457 6.1 CHANNEL HOME THEATER RECIEVER (Rs. 16-18k) along with Wharfedale Diamond 9 HCP Home Cinema Speaker Package which contains 2 pairs (4 units) of Diamond 9.0 bookshelf speakers, a Diamond 9.CC Centre Speaker and a Diamond SW150 subwoofer for 30k.

If you are based in Mumbai, check out Lakozy or Soundsmiths. They could customise a system for you.

Sonodyne Cinique package:
Consists of 5 2 way wooden sattelite speakers
1 Active Subwoofer and their terrific AVR300 reciver...all for 30k

Dude for the amp stick to denon. They also have a great htib around 40k. Or you can try the wharfdale 9 series spkr package along with denon 1706amp it sounds fanatatic.Best bang for your buck.

Dude for the amp stick to denon. They also have a great htib around 40k. Or you can try the wharfdale 9 series spkr package along with denon 1706amp it sounds fanatatic.Best bang for your buck.

Looks liek you have forgotten to read the NAME of the topic..here it is "Best Home theater under 25K INR"....you are suggesting him to buy a Denon 1706 which itself is 25k...what do you expect him to use as speakers..your But* :D :D :D ...Dont mind...just joking.

Lets not instigate him to inflate his budget..many hifi enthusiast run away from hifi because they feel hifi isnt affordable. So lets stick to the budget and give him a affordable suggestion.

Hey! I agree Dr Bass. But i was responding to query as mentioned above. there are times that a lot of people would'nt mind streching themselves. I't's for the individual to decide.

Well I was going through the long details, well I would tell you to visit any ONKYO outlet nearby, ONKYO's Gladiator is a perfect HTIB for yourkind of usage. It will cost you around 26K based on the applicable taxes in your state. Thats the right product for yourkind of budget. It gives youthe real value for money. Remember, today Onkyo is one of the only few companies which are officially present with perfect service set right across India.

Even the product quality, user friendliness and the tonal balance are excellent.

Premal

I went to ezone last week at Bangalore.

They had onlyo HTS 590 for 26K. This has a passive subwoofer. Is this bad?
The details of this package are at http://www.onkyoindia.com/products/HT_Packages/home_style/gladiator/hts590.htm

They also had an Yamaha package for 25K which includes 5.1 channel Philips DVD Player. The reciever is HTR-5930 and the speaker package is NSP-110 or NSP-111 (I am not sure). Couldnt find the details of the speaker package on the web. But reciever is this,

http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/...00505&CTID=5000400&ATRID=1000&DETYP=ATTRIBUTE

The differences that I know are that Onkyo has a passive subwoofer and the speakers are of 6 Ohms impedence while Yamaha has an active subwoofer and the speakers are 8 ohms impedence. Yamaha is 80 W RMS/Channel and Onkyo is 120 W/Channel.

I am yet to checkout the sonodyne Cinique. Which I will this week. Will the sonodyne be better than the above two? There was also a Denon package for 30K.

Please advise. Thank you.

Thank you Cyrus. Ok, its the same as in ezone except for the speaker package. I'll check with ezone and other dealers in Blore. Is this vijay sales in Blore?

Thank you Cyrus. Ok, its the same as in ezone except for the speaker package. I'll check with ezone and other dealers in Blore. Is this vijay sales in Blore?

I don't know if Vijay Sales has a branch in B'lore. I am sure there must be other such dealres in B'lore where you can demo these units.

Vijay Sales have advertised these Yamaha Home Theatre Receivers on SPECIAL PRICES:

RX-V359 - Rs. 14290.00

RX-V457 - Rs. 17490.00

RX-V459 - Rs. 19590.00

I think the Onkyo HTS 590 is heavily overpriced here at 26K. It retails at less than $200 in the US. Yamaha YHT 270 looks a slightly better deal at Rs 29K which is priced at about $275 there.

In any case, you can see that there is a mark-up of above 100% here. This may be due to the customs duty and freight charges.

Hi Buddy !
The best home theatre under 25K is obviously the HT-S600 (GLADIATOR) of Onkyo available at all Onkyo outlets across the country. You can browse through www.onkyoindia.com and trace out the nearest dealer to you. Its a 130W/ch system and plays all the latest formats including dts neo:6 movie/music and dolby prologic II movie-music and game mode very helpfull for 2 channel formats in addition to 9 dedicated Digital sound field processors. Its 5.1 channel system with a dedicated Optical and Co-axial digital input. Its in the HTIB (Home theatre in a box category).

In terms of systems performance, tonal balance, user friendlyness and the most important after sales service...I prefer the above model.
Rgds
PREMAL JOSHI

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back