Best ICE like Honda civic for Hyundai VERNA

bodmas

Frenz,
I have got two cars i.e. Hyundai verna and Honda Civic. I really relish the rich sound quality of Civic and wish same for Verna.
I am using following components for Verna:
Base head unit: Pioneer MOSFET
Front Speakers: Pioneer 6.5" G622 180W
Rear Speakers: JBL
Amp: 4Chnl Alpine

I dont know about the components used in civic and i realy wish to get the same sound for Verna as i get from Civic. Please guide me what to do.
Advance thanks

I am removing my opinion as op doesn't like my opinion, and wants solutions and advices.

Last edited:
sorry sir! I thought some opinion may also be of help. Pls be patient while someone comes to your service. I thought meanwhile I will add that I didn't like the sound of the system inside honda civic. Just a humble opinion sir!

maybe you have already tried this, but stating the obvious. Call the dealer you purchased it from and he should be able to tell specifically for your car. But alpine is considered good. I like the alpine in my car.

I dont know about the components used in civic

bodmas
till i dont know what components are there in the civic i wont be able to compare them with your verna and hence advice you further

if the components in your civic are the ones that come with the standard car then all i can say is that i im surprised that you find that sound "richer" than your verna

the factory fitted civic system has no external amp ( as the 4 ch alpine amp you use in the verna)
also the factory fitted speakers of the civic are most probably infereior to the pioneer youve got in the verna

how much do you want to spend on the verna
Also about the base unit of the civic ( do you have the factory fitted HU or have you got another one put )
also what do you mean my pioneer MOSFET HU . i need a model no. please

Last edited:
Yes, Its factory fitted unit in the civic. I realy love the rich sound of civic.
I want rich quality sound not DHUM DHUM. My budget depends but atleast give me some nice ICE compnents suggestions.
My location: Amritsar,Punjab

Yes, Its factory fitted unit in the civic. I realy love the rich sound of civic.
I want rich quality sound not DHUM DHUM. My budget depends but atleast give me some nice ICE compnents suggestions.

budget depends on what?
i can advice i systemcosting over a lac or one that would be about 25k!

let me give you some entry level systems to start

6.5 inch component speakers for the front.
a) Illusion Audio EL 6.1 - crystal clear no clouration in sound but people who like their heads bobing find them laid back ( i have them in one of my cars )
b) JBL GTO 607c or 608c

the above will cost you about 6500 with bill and the JBL's can be bought in grey for about 5k

their are other brands in the same price range however if its crystal clear music no dhoom dhoom then these come to mind

For the back you have 2options
you can either have 6*9 inch oval speakers on the rear parcel tray OR you can have 6 inch round speakers in the door AND a subwoofe rin the boot

If you are going in for a SUBWOOFER then you dont need 6*9;s and its beter you use 6 inch rounds in the rear car doors

If no subwoofer then get the 6*9's

6inch speakers for rear car doors
a)Illusion Audio EL61 - about 4.5k with bill
b)JBL GT5 652 - about 1500-1800 grey and 3.5k with bill

6*9 speakers for rear parcel tray
go for these if you dont use a subwoofer.
i would selectonly one brand here mainly for its ability to go low
Ground Zero 690 MK2 or 69T-about 5k with bill

you can also think of JBL if you want to go slightly cheaper though
JBL 937,927 or 928 (any model will do 928 is marginally less bright)-3.5k grey and 5 k with bill

here are some websites to interest you
:: Ground Zero :: speaker systems / Basic Level

JBL Car & Marine Audio

Now if you take a sub
the economical ones are the JBL GT5 12inch sub called the GT5-12
put this in a sealed box for precise and tight bass
A ported box or a bass tube will give you the dhoooom dhooom that you dont want

get a decnt 4 channel amp from Kenwood or JBL ( these are economical ones)
connect two channels to your fronts speakers and bridge the other two and connect then to you subs
if you are getting the 6*9's and not the sub then connect each channelto each speaker simple

make sure the amp is 60rms / channel and not less for best results
they range between 5k and 6.5k in grey
look at

Kenwood 8401
Blaupunkt GT4 MK2 speacial Blaupunkt - Amplifiers - GTA-Series - GTA 4 Special Mk II
JBL GT5 A 604

lastly ofcourse you need the Head Unit
get a pioneer according tobudget
4050 or 5050 or 6050
4-8k - grey

and if you want the sound to be better get an Alpine HU
but just make sure its got minimum 2 pre outs
these will be more exp than pioneer though

Thanks magma!
But still i have the fitting issue in the ront door of the VERNA. My dealer said you can install maximum Upfront PIONEER TS-G622 speakers in the front door. Will there be any issue with Illusion Audio EL 6.1 and JBL GTO 607c or 608c too?
Is there any way i can purchase these speakers online?

I see Magma has already given you very good advice. I would suggest the following:

1. Upgrade to an Alpine HU (the best) or a Panasonic (Pana only with budget problem)
2. Get the a nice JBL Component Speaker for the front
3. Get a nice JBL or Polk Round speakers for rear (I suggest this bcos of woofer, if you are not planning got woofer get a 6X9)
4. Get a NON-Ported Woofer (this will give tight bass), again go for JBL

Connect your 4 channel amp, 2 channel to front speakers and 2 channel in bridge mode to your sub.

I recommend, JBL as you like rich music experience. Pls stay away from Pionner speakers and Sony if you want a quality sound.

You will have a quality system in place.

Thanks magma!
But still i have the fitting issue in the ront door of the VERNA. My dealer said you can install maximum Upfront PIONEER TS-G622 speakers in the front door. Will there be any issue with Illusion Audio EL 6.1 and JBL GTO 607c or 608c too?
Is there any way i can purchase these speakers online?

Brand does not matter, if the dealer says he can install g622 any 6.5' speaker can be fitted. WHich means EL 6.1 , JBL GTO etc can be easy fitted,

The component speakers will come in 2 parts, one which has the 6.5 speaker and one more which has a small tweeter. You can fit the 6.5 speaker part in the door where there is place. The tweeter you can fit anywhere depending on your listening pref. I would prefer near the speaker.

bodmas
ANY 6.5 inch speaker will go into the stock front door location of a verna.
i recommend you get your installer to use 6.5 inch MDF spacers andmount the speaker on them.

if you are unsure about your installer please change him.
installation is a critical part of all ICE
many people tend to try and save on installs and go to cheap installers on the roadside who charge only a couple hundred rs however i having done tons of ICE i implore all that a good instal is very important and this stops most headaches that occusr later on.

now i dont recommend you buy these online.
i personally know both the importers of these speaker brands

one is Mr Ajay Kamath from hermit audio
he will help you with all Illusion and Ground Zero products
here is a contact
emailhim by name and mention me ( Ali from mumbai)
he will surely help
not only will he courier good directly to you if there are no sub dealers he will also guide you to the nearest installer
Hermit Audio Pvt. Ltd.

contact the admisinistrative office above

from JBL though i know only the brand director Mr Sameer Kapasi
you can email him. if might mail you back with where you can get JBLs in your area

FXAudio | Contact Information for JBL - harman/kardon - Infinity - Denon ProDJ in India

if you still have a problem with getting the speakers or finding an installer.
PM me. i will try and hook you up.

I am opting for JBL GT-607/608 but my dealer says that i have AMPLIFIER already installed thus i dont need to have component speakers. Front speakers are already running on AMP. Thus he suggested me to go for the speakers without components.
What you say guys in this case?

Last edited:
Hi bodmas,

I would anyday prefer to use component speakers powered by an AMP to have the best sound quality :)
Btw, i have just got this JBL GT608 installed on my friends car the last saturday (2nd May 2009). It sounds really good with adequate mid and clear high's and no distortion.
We have installed this speakers powered from a JBL 4ch Amp, which also drives a pair of Polk Ovals at the rear of his car.

Last edited:
I am opting for JBL GT-607/608 but my dealer says that i have AMPLIFIER already installed thus i dont need to have component speakers. Front speakers are already running on AMP. Thus he suggested me to go for the speakers without components.
What you say guys in this case?

bodams
i would go to another installer ( im beggining to dislike the crap hes throwing at you)
He probably does not have the GTO 608c component set or is trying to palm you off some stock that he wants to get rid of

Btw which amp do you have (exact model no please)
put the component speakers in the front . connect 2 channels of the amp to them

if you are gonna go for the sub make use of the speakers you already have and shif thm to the rear doors.
connect them directly to HU ( not to amp) - the other two channles of the amp connect to a subwoofer in a sealed box

if not optingfor the sub get a 6*9 oval JBL 937 or 938 and put in on the rear parcel shelf. connect remaning 2 channels of the amp to these

If buying JBL and you have extra money left over by an alpine HU
( pioneer with JBL gets too bright- however the newer series GTO608 and 938 seems to have solved that problem too)

other than pioneer here some excellent SQ HU's
alpine 9884 with bill 12800rs
kenwood 6539 9k with bill
alpine 9872:8k
alpine 9845:8.5k
Eclipse 3100 for 10k in grey

P.S i hope you know what component speakers mean
a set of regular speakers consist of a pair of 6 inch woofers as follows
they are directly conected to the ampas in the case of your your existing front speaker
JBL Car & Marine Audio

Component speakers consist of a set of 6 inch woofers PLUS a set of 1 inch small speakers called tweeters.
Each of these speakers are conected to a box called a crossover and theis crossover is connectedto the amp
see here
JBL Car & Marine Audio

2 things you need to be aware of
Delhi has seen a few FAKE jbl products
specially the GTO 937's
ALso though JBL has just started distribution of original JBL wiring kits for the amp most of the kits in the market today are FAKE - specially those that are sold in round orange pouches!

Last edited:

The quality of the sound depends on the speakers used and how they're installed. Because a car is like a very small closed room, the type of speakers really affect the quality of sound. Because Bass have a long wavelength, they're often audible outside the vehicle! The size of the speakers, damping etc would also affect the quality of sound.

Speakers should also be of the matching type to the audio system.

I would recommend you to get it reinstalled at a professional showroom.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back