Best LCD Panels !!! Price vs Quality !!!

Best LCD !!! Quality vs Price !!!

• Total voters

mridulgoel

Banned
Banned
Dear Friends

As everyone knows, AV market today is flooded with LCD Panels, and are available in various sizes, with different brand names...

But, which one is best, which one to choose and for what purpose...???

Mentioned below are few shortlisted Brands, basically OEMs, that are considered most in market...
1). Sharp
2). Hitachi
3). Panasonic
4). Samsung
5). LG

Please mark your opinion with your valuable comments, why do you think the brand/OEM you chose is best...

Many out here must be wondering why i have not mentioned SONY, in the list, as its a hot product in market, but they will be amazed to know, that Sony is not an OEM, they dont manufacture LCD Panels, they import LCD panels from Samsung, Hitachi & Sharp and assemble them...

Anyways, hop in with your valuable suggestions...

Regards

Mridul Goel

Why not this beauty in your list ?

category_hero_Large.jpg

/// Why not this beauty in your list ? ///

Which beauty in the picture you refer? The television?

makes sense mridul :), but again screen size also plays important role while picking up.

so I'm voting for panasonic for panels <=32 inch size. Otherwise have to go with samsung though i don't like it.

LCDs I've
a. Toshiba WLT66 (23 inch)
b. Panasonic LX70 (26 inch)
c. Panasonic LMD70 (32 inch)

Beauty on Staircase or beauty on TV Rack...???
LOL...:p

Anyways, Toshiba is not in my list, as i am still to study about Toshiba being the OEM for LCD Panels, or again an importer...
Sorry, i dont have any idea on that...

Last edited:
hey yo may reject sony but i will give 100% assurance to sony its awesome as i got a sony bravia lcd klv 46x200a

Hitachi anyday... guaranteed to be AS-IPS which is the best panel technology and excellent prices to go alongwith it.

Please consider 'Customer service ' factor also while putting down some 100K for a LCD panel.

Don't know about HITACHI, TOSHIBA and PANASONIC (Please somebody update ,e on these brands) but Samsung, SONY and lG have good nation wide support service. I had a very very good experience of SAMSUNG and SONY in this regards.

SUhas

Please consider 'Customer service ' factor also while putting down some 100K for a LCD panel.

Don't know about HITACHI, TOSHIBA and PANASONIC (Please somebody update ,e on these brands) but Samsung, SONY and lG have good nation wide support service. I had a very very good experience of SAMSUNG and SONY in this regards.

SUhas

Suhas

I second your comments for Samsung & LG for service...
And to tell i use to put Sony Service on top, but after working in this industry,
specially in Bangalore, i now doubt regarding the panel services of Sony...

Its hard to believe but from one of my sources, who himself is in service of Panels, told me that Sony is facing 2 service panels issue per day basis, and moreover they have problems for stocks of the replacement material...

so kindly reconfirm on that...

But, my experience says Sony should not do anything like that, as i have one Sony 21" CRT, which was serviced on time, by Service Center...

Regarding Hitachi, they have one Service Center, in Hanumanth Nagar.
Regarding Panasonic they have two service centers, i suppose...

No Idea about Toshiba...

Hey! I'm a plasma guy & i just love the new pioneer kuro models.
But the LCD worth buying if one must than IMO should be any from philips, sharp, hitachi & panasonic.

Hey mridul since you seem to the man for the display panels, i'd like to know as your opinion on sharp LCD's & which acc to you would be the best 37" & 32" display.

Cheers.

Last edited:
you are right mate, I just re-read the review i think the reviewer meant at it's thinnest it is 34mm :)

JVC LT-42DS9 42in LCD TV - TrustedReviews

Initial trends says the panel looks excellent in switched off state, and in switched on mode, with SD & HD materials nowhere near the competitors

Sunil

Just a small update...
42DS9 is not 34mm thin, but its 74mm thin...

Check Out below :
Specification - JVC - Slim LCDs

And yes, do agree they looks really nice...
Lets see what there reviews say...

in lcds it has to be the sony,although they use samsung panels.sony use thier own backlight and what makes them good is the bravia engine.

a poll conducted last year in uk showed that best 32inch was the sony D series.best 40inch lcd was sony W series and X series.
but the best flat panel was the pioneer plasmas.

the newer sony W400A and samsung series 6 shows black levels as good the panasonic plasmas like (TH-42PY800H availabe in grey market) which is the latest yet to be available in india and TH-42PV80H.
the sony have a measured contrast of 2500:1 although its advertised as 3000static contrast.
but leaders are the pioneer plasmas they have a measured contrast around 3600:1 although advertised as 15000:1 static contrast.

the toshiba,hitachi, panel of the A-IPS origin have better viewing angles and from what i have seen the colors are different from what u see in SPVA,AMVA,SMVA panels.

the IPS based panel have very low contrast the best of them topping at 800:1 measured contrast,and less black levels at best around 0.51 cd/m2 compared to sony W400 which have a black levels of 0.1 cd/m2 and the best of the plasmas the pioneer which have a black level of 0.05 cd/m2 .

next year sony will use sharp ASV panels which i think will be better i like the colors produced by the ASV.

Buddy

Sony Dont only use Samsung Panels alone...

For there lower series S & V they use Samsung Panels...

But for there Full HD and high end series W & X they either use Hitachi or Sharp...

Last year they were using Sharp Panels (AQUOS), this year they are using Hitachi Panels (IPS alpha Technology)...

the 40,46,52 inch uses a spva panel in W,X series.
my mom cousin sisters , son who works in sony thailand he supervises the assembly line he said that they use mostly samsung panels,in 32V,S at certain times they even use SMVA panels if there is a shortage.the 37inch S series uses a AUO AMVA panel.

he said they have made deals with CMO,AUO,samsung,and very recently they made a deal with sharp.the 2009 models will have sharp lcds as well as S lcd.

so far he as not seen a sony lcd with IPS panel.

u can also,just take a torch u can see inside the tv ,left hand side facing the tv u can just about see a sticker which says samsung panel... korea.... its placed on the panel before the PCB compartment V ,W including the W400A.

the 40,46,52 inch uses a spva panel in W,X series.
my mom cousin sisters , son who works in sony thailand he supervises the assembly line he said that they use mostly samsung panels,in 32V,S at certain times they even use SMVA panels if there is a shortage.the 37inch S series uses a AUO AMVA panel.

he said they have made deals with CMO,AUO,samsung,and very recently they made a deal with sharp.the 2009 models will have sharp lcds as well as S lcd.

so far he as not seen a sony lcd with IPS panel.

u can also,just take a torch u can see inside the tv ,left hand side facing the tv u can just about see a sticker which says samsung panel... korea.... its placed on the panel before the PCB compartment V ,W including the W400A.

Buddy, here you are mostly talking about V & S series, which even i agree are Samsung Panels..

But, tell me have you seen the W400's motherboard...??? and the samsung label out there...???

Sorry, i dont have the copy of the newspaper adv, tht stated the use of IPS alpha technology in W & X series, i will search it and scan it and post it here on forum...

And regarding Sharp...buddy, they will be providing the panels is different thing, but , they have earlier even have supplied them the material last year...

Buddy, here you are mostly talking about V & S series, which even i agree are Samsung Panels..

But, tell me have you seen the W400's motherboard...??? and the samsung label out there...???

Sorry, i dont have the copy of the newspaper adv, tht stated the use of IPS alpha technology in W & X series, i will search it and scan it and post it here on forum...

And regarding Sharp...buddy, they will be providing the panels is different thing, but , they have earlier even have supplied them the material last year...

well u can see part of the mobo ,since in its own ventilated casing holes,u can see the bar code stickers on back of the panel there are three stickers,u can see the term SPVA panel.so which i guess is a samsung panel or S panel.

well if they did use a IPS alpha panel,then sony cannot advertize it has having such a high contrast,and reviews does indicate that they use a spva panel since the reviews reveal that they have a measured contrast of around 2500:1.which is more any top of the line IPS aplha panels which peak out at 1000:1 measured contrast .also IPS alpha panel have colors closer to ASV panels and plasmas ,which i guess is a good,but the sony lcds all reveal pictures of VA origin(SMVA,SPVA,AMVA).

u might have seen old newspaper articles when they used those AIPS and sharp,u know newspapers u cant always trust them.;)

Prasad

You are very much right, they have finalised the bond...

But, they are all new series, which have started coming these days...

In that HitCHI will manufacture all the Panels, and Systems, which will be assembled and marketed by Panasonic...

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back