Best music system(DVD player,speakers & amps)

[email protected]

Hi all,

I have Chevrolet aveo brand new car and my budget for in car music system with speakers is 50 K.

MY priorities are need the crystal clear sound like my home used Bose speakers and also need the punch effect which nice clear banging base effect( not like loud noise).
please suggest me which brand to go for to get player,amps (if needed) and speakers .

i heared that JBL,JVC,pionner,polkaudio are one of the best ones..pelase suggest me which one to go suiting my budget also tell me the best brands to go for which has crystal clear sound output with nice base effect.

Hi all,

I have Chevrolet aveo brand new car and my budget for in car music system with speakers is 50 K.

MY priorities are need the crystal clear sound like my home used Bose speakers and also need the punch effect which nice clear banging base effect( not like loud noise).
please suggest me which brand to go for to get player,amps (if needed) and speakers .

i heared that JBL,JVC,pionner,polkaudio are one of the best ones..pelase suggest me which one to go suiting my budget also tell me the best brands to go for which has crystal clear sound output with nice base effect.

Hi,
If I had 50K for a sound system for my car, the following would be the probable components I'd select. Please remember that I do not know the exact price of these components but it should not be way off your target budget:

Pioneer DEH-4190SD head unit: Excellent feature set and decent sound quality. IMHO, Pioneer gives you the best bang-for-the-buck quotient in the market, though the quality is not what it used to be.

Infinity Kappa 5 1/4" 2-way components for the front: These are priced slightly on the higher side but well worth it IMHO. Though made by the same parent company as JBL, these are much better sounding and has unbeatable clarity in it's price range. Strangely, most dealers seem reluctant to stock the Infinity brand and you usually would have to have them ordered.

Infinity Kappa 6X9 3-way multi-comp. for the rear.

Pioneer GM-6300F 4-ch. amp: You would really need a decent amp for the Infinity components and the sound would be more than just a step above the built-in amps on the head-units.

Pioneer TS-W1207D4
12" dual-coil sub: Though I do not have experience with this particular model, I've always found Pioneer subs to have good VFM for their price. Make sure the installer mounts this sub on a sealed box and not a ported one to ensure tight and fast bass.

Pioneer GM-D8400M Class D amp for the sub: If the cost of this pushes your budget over the limit, you could go in for a cheaper class D amp from Sony or similar and still not lose too much sound quality. Other than the sub-amp, I would stay way clear of anything Sony. :)

This might be slightly over what you would be looking to spend, but IMHO these would be well worth it and might even end up sounding better than your home setup. Whichever way you go, please post back with your decision and listening impressions. Good luck!

Hi man thanks for the reply,
but recently i visted a music store with best technitial in my town and he suggested me to go for alpine mp3 player,
FOCAL 6 inch front speakers,MTX back speakers and subwoofer and a MTX amp and all package costs me around 70 K which is the best package used for music listenenrs who love th most ...and its the best in the world...please suggest me how these focal speakers are...
he told be focal speakers are best in the world..

I personally feel Blaunkupt is equally good.
Do not blow money on any one componant.
Also are you using normal cables?? As car audio enthu too use special cables.

You wanted a dvd player - so you want to watch moves in car? So what type of screen you are looking for? You have not discussed this.

Also be wary from the people who claim that they are supplying the best...;):):D and it is good you have budget - cause one of the most expensive car audio componants are Mcintosh

McIntosh | Car Audio

I did not get prices but this ebay page is sufficiant - you may end up spending 75 K on single componant!!!

mcintosh, Car Amplifiers, Car Audio In-Dash Units items on eBay.com

Anyway stick to a budget - and do not think bose is benchmark -- as I was a bose devotee earlier who has matured :rolleyes::eek::cool: ,,, and note - bose car audio systems are not available as aftermarket fitments!! So anyone offering it must be fake!!

Frequently Asked Questions - Bose Automotive Systems Division

I just done it for my Getz.
1st need a good player - alpines or some top end Kenwood for sound quality. consider one with support mass storage std USB port. (we can attached a HDD with songs on it.)
2nd Speakers i taken a pair of 6.5" Component speaker from Bull audio with 10" sub woofer.
3rd a 4 ch amp 1st two channel to drive my front door component speakers next two channel clubbed together to drive the SUB. I took the amp also from bull audio for a better matching with speakers. TCO: INR 48k. also need speaker cable, ICs and amp wiring kit, Frond door dampening- noise kill.
-skt

Focal is a reputed brand and have god quality stuff but i find them a bit too expensive for the sound they deliver.specially the focal polyglass
However if you lke them and can afford them then its good.
go ahead
JBL Power series components are also good here
Spend upto 12k here ( if you are driving)

however just make sure they are component speakers ( 2 6inch midbasses and 2 tweeters with crossovers) and not coaxials
for the budget hes given you they better be compos.

Now as for the amp and rear speakers his suggestion of MTX is ok .
you can do better definetely
Try the JBL 1004 Amp its avaible for 13-14k with bill and 10 k in the grey market.its a 4 channel amp that deleivers 100rms odd per channel
There is also another 4 channel ground zero amp which retails for 11k and delivers 75W per channel

For the sub MTX is fine according to your description of the bass you want.
However there are brands like Ground Zero , Illusion and ID if you can afford them.
i love ID's personnaly
spend 8-10k here

For the rears it doesnt mater much if youre the one driving.
MTX is fine and so are Infinity Kappa 6*9
i would advice not to spend over 7-8 k here ( again thats if youre the one driving)

bridge 2 channels of the 4 channel amp for the sub and use the other two channels for the component speakers upfront.
The rear 6*9's can be driven off the HU

you will need to spend 2k forbuilding the sub box,3-4k on wiring and 2 k on the install

that should be about 50k

now if you dont drive and sit behind then things will change a bit

Hi all,

If you are satisfied with Bose at home then you can get the same effect for much less than 50K, go to any audio store and get a mp3 player with the appropriate car speaker and dont even both with an amp and you should be fine.

One thing to remember, you car is affected by external and internal noises unlike your home. So getting it to sound really good (unlike Bose ofcourse) will be hard and expensive and time consuming.

What ever you buy, there are a couple of things I have found to be invaluable in a car system.

1. An USB port.
2. A full function remote control.
3. A screen for the player.

Over the last two days, I plugged a 4 GB USB stick in my car's player, and realized it is near impossible to choose the song you want - by title, by singer, or by album. I had over 300 songs, and got tired after sometime. I am so used to seeing the list on my computer or TV. I think a good remote should help.

I think a player with a screen would also help by displaying the directory structure. That with a good remote would solve the issue.

Cheers

Hi Guys thanks for all your suggestions
The technitian was telling me about FOCAL polykevlar front speakers
he said it cost me around 16 k pair and it was the best speakers for listeninig to rock kind of music..pleas suggest me if its true.
Or else can i use MTX itself for front speakers ......?

also he told me tht he wil use amp which has 75W rms 4 way output each and he will bridge 2 output(150) to give it to subwoofer , is it ok or do i need more power to give it to subwoofer?

mainly i am rock,hiphop music lover please suggest me the best to go for..

One more thing, first i planned ot buy a touchscreen DVD player from JVC which costs me around 25k withh bill but since i am a best music love the technitian told me not to go for DVD players as these dosent produce good sound,so he suggested me alpine mp3 player whcih costs me 16K in grey market.is it good ot buy grey markt and does mp3 player produce good sound than dvd player?

Last edited:
i have used Alpine for car audio and kno it is good.

as a matter of fact it comes standard on the farrari (atleast, it used to)

Yep Alpine is a top notch player and if service is available in India you should go for that.

Ashok how much did you pay for the player.

well i have since upgraded, cars.

the alpine went away with the earlier one :-(.

i bought it at the time they opened in india.

yes, i believe they are well represented in india, i mean service wise too.

i have seen a new showroom somewhere prominent in delhi.

hi ashok ,
my dealer suggested to go for alpine player which costs around 16k(grey market) and it plays mp3 and audio,he said it shounds greater for music than JVC DVD player with 7inch touchscrreen which costs me 25 k with bill

does alpine sounds greater than that.He suggested me not to go for DVD players as it dosent sounds better than alpine mp3/cd player? pleasse suggest dude..

also do focal polkevlar speakers sounds greater than JBL or blaupunkt speakers?

hi ashok ,
my dealer suggested to go for alpine player which costs around 16k(grey market) and it plays mp3 and audio,he said it shounds greater for music than JVC DVD player with 7inch touchscrreen which costs me 25 k with bill

does alpine sounds greater than that.He suggested me not to go for DVD players as it dosent sounds better than alpine mp3/cd player? pleasse suggest dude..

also do focal polkevlar speakers sounds greater than JBL or blaupunkt speakers?

i can vouch for the alpine quality and sound. however, only checked it against a sony at the time. also, IMHO, a DVD player is optimised for DVD and MAY not be a very good CD/MP3 audio player. As a matter of fact, there is an option in some to do an 'audio only' mode. However, since you mention MP3 in the same line as quality, would not worry too much.

also, would usually go for stuff with warranty, to the extent possible/feasible, again IMHO.

Heres the address of the Alpine Distributor in India it would help to contact them and getting genuine dealers for Alpine in India

Supreme Hi-Fidelity (P) Ltd.
757,Udyog Vihar,Phase-V,
Gurgaon 122015(Haryana) India
Tel: 91-124-4002628-32

Lots of fake equipments are there in the market when it comes to car audio so be careful when selecting the product.

Hi Guys thanks for all your suggestions
The technitian was telling me about FOCAL polykevlar front speakers
he said it cost me around 16 k pair and it was the best speakers for listeninig to rock kind of music..pleas suggest me if its true.
Or else can i use MTX itself for front speakers ......?

also he told me tht he wil use amp which has 75W rms 4 way output each and he will bridge 2 output(150) to give it to subwoofer , is it ok or do i need more power to give it to subwoofer?

mainly i am rock,hiphop music lover please suggest me the best to go for..

One more thing, first i planned ot buy a touchscreen DVD player from JVC which costs me around 25k withh bill but since i am a best music love the technitian told me not to go for DVD players as these dosent produce good sound,so he suggested me alpine mp3 player whcih costs me 16K in grey market.is it good ot buy grey markt and does mp3 player produce good sound than dvd player?

Focal is really a great brand. But, way too expensive.
Believe me, with a professional installation you can get real good music with any of the JBL, Blaupunkt, Boston-acoustics, or Polk Audio speakers.

Go with a component in the front for better soundstage , power it with an amp. Use the rear fill 6" co-axial or 6"x9" (optionally amp powered depending on budget convenience) and a fine subwoofer with "proper enclosure" powered by a mono amp. Remember, the installation needs to be professionally done meaning proper cabling, grounding, professional joints, and proper gains set on amps. I bet, your system will rock!

If there are lot of noises and rattles, think of damping mats.

Alpine is good. How good compared to other brands I do not know, but for me it is very good.
In my car, I think the receiver (alpine) and the speakers (don't know the brand) were factory fitted. however, I got a CD changer fitted over and above the basic system. I think the showroom guys quoted it for 17k but I got it as a part of deal finally. Or maybe it was 17k for the entire system. This was way back in 2005. This 6 CD changer is alpine as well. It says "1 Bit DAC". Not sure how good or bad a 1 Bit DAC is, specs wise.
It can not play MP3s. It has no USB port. No fancy stuff.
IMHO, sound is VERY clean and refined from this alpine system. It could be because I hear to original CDs, no choice as it can not play MP3.
Instead of USB, I use a SONY cassette adapter, that connects to stereo out of my SONY Erricson's mobile - sound quality is still very good. I compared the FM of alpine vs FM of my phone and phone sounded better.

I do not have a subwoofer in my car, and I feel lack of bass some times. I talked to the showroom guys and they refused to install one. And I am afraid of getting my car's wiring being played with by non showroom guys.
Any suggestions on how to overcome this fear, and what amp/ sub to get installed?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back