best place to buy a plasma at hyderabad??

asni

i intend to buy an lg 50pj350 or 50pj560 on a 46"/40" x20..
where would i get the best deal for any of those at hyderabad??

these are the prices i have been quoted so far..

panasonic 46x20d..52k
lg 50pj350..54k
lg 50pj560..57k

which one would be the best buy among these??
suggestions pls!!

these are the prices i have been quoted so far..

panasonic 46x20d..52k
lg 50pj350..54k
lg 50pj560..57k

which one would be the best buy among these??
suggestions pls!!

Look for Samsung 50C450 also alongside of the LGs. It costs around the same (~55k) and is mostly on display in Bajaj Punjakutta. Compare them on reflection and IR fronts before picking one. The USB playback capability of C450 is also good and it plays HD mkvs. If you want to take my word, take the C450.

For FHD however, the PK550 is a good competetion to samsung C550 and costs ~8-10k lesser. This will require some effort to zero down. But the above case is a no brainer.

Look for Samsung 50C450 also alongside of the LGs. It costs around the same (~55k) and is mostly on display in Bajaj Punjakutta. Compare them on reflection and IR fronts before picking one. The USB playback capability of C450 is also good and it plays HD mkvs. If you want to take my word, take the C450.

For FHD however, the PK550 is a good competetion to samsung C550 and costs ~8-10k lesser. This will require some effort to zero down. But the above case is a no brainer.

i was going for lg based on one dumb reason actually..am gonna get a 320gb external hdd free which a badly need:eek:hyeah:

i know it's lame..but well, to each his own:D

yay!
mum actually extended the budget to 60k!:yahoo:

so i can consider pk550r also now..how different is it from pj560 btw??

pj 560 is as good as if only sound output is considered..

chk at the electronic store ( excite) metropolitioan mall,banjara hills(same place as istore)

ask for sridhar.. he knows me very well ( very close) tell him aman..

pk550 for 61.. pick it up.. rest go an check there .. guy is very responsive and reliable in terms of service..

we have picked up (me n my frndz through me) electronic above 10 L from him since an year.. he will give you a good deal...

also chk at bajaj electronic kukatpally..

now am confused between pk550 and c450:sad:

i kno one is full hd n the othr hd..but honestly,that barely makes any difference to my eyes:D

n is pj560 way inferior to these models??coz it seems to pe priced less and has a superior sound quality apparently..n i wont b investing in a good sound system for a little longer..

Gosh.am i ever gonna be a lil les confusd and finally get a tv!?!

leaving Full HD for better sound is a good trade off imho.(since you dont plan to buy H.T system)

pj 560 has got an edge over others in sound however rest are way ahead in terms of PQ.

also rest of the two models have enough sound to watch tv and movies yes pj560 will be good but not like any low end HT from any company.. even a chinese make 5.1 for 5k will outperform pj560 ..

what you can do it.. get a either pk550 and add 2.1 edifier to it for 2.2 k and you are good and far ahead of pj560..

go for PQ and add speakers that way you will have both.. best of sound and best of PQ

thnx for the inputs..:D
i narrowed down my choices to pk550r n c450 now..
even here one is full hd and the other just hd..but like i said i can hardly make out the difference and i wont be using the tv for watching full hd much..
heard that samsung plasmas are better in many aspects compared to lg..
but alas, i wont b getting the 320gb hdd if i opt for samsung:sad:

so..which one should be my final choice??

even here one is full hd and the other just hd..but like i said i can hardly make out the difference and i wont be using the tv for watching full hd much..

Don't tilt the scales just for the sake of free hard disc. Buy the best TV (what looks good to your eyes). Take a couple of DVDs with you, ask him to play TV (make sure he has not connected the TV using HDMI.. when you connet TV using your set top box quality will slightly be lessers compared to the store where they will feed good quality feed and use a HDMI splitter to feed to all TVs).

Forget the freebies.

720P set will give you better PQ for DTH and SD movies (DVDs and all)...
As you are saying you wont be watching fullHD much..then 720p set suits you better...

C450 is cheaper than LGPK550.. why are not able to accommodate hdd in your budget?.. you will save about 6K and buy even a 1 TB usb HDD..

C450 gives you HD playback via USB. Not sure about PK550. (ask the owners)

For 60k, You can get C450 (with free airtel DTH) + 320GB HDD + Good 2.1 external sound system. Best of all worlds.

Off Topic:

@Alok, looks like you too are eyeing of the 1TB disk available for 5.8k. Same boat!. :) How is Toshiba in HDD department? The Freeagent Goflex is available for 6k otherwise.

For 60k, You can get C450 (with free airtel DTH) + 320GB HDD + Good 2.1 external sound system. Best of all worlds.

Off Topic:

@Alok, looks like you too are eyeing of the 1TB disk available for 5.8k. Same boat!. :) How is Toshiba in HDD department? The Freeagent Goflex is available for 6k otherwise.

Off Topic:

Both the offers are excellent if you count the free gift as well..
For any purchase over 5K.. iBall headset or 2GB pen drive.. Not sure if those coupons are still valid..

Currently I have
1 hitachi 80 GB (since 5 years),
1 seagate 500GB (1 year)
3 WDs (250GB since 3 years, 320GB since 2 years and 1 TB since 6 months)..

No issues till now with any of these.. ..I trust WD USB HDDs blindly..

I have never used Toshiba HDDs..So somebody who has some experience with Toshiba can comment better..

between Toshiba (5.8K) and Seagate Freeagent (6K), I would pick seagate because getting is serviced/replaced will be easier.. I am ready to pay 200 extra for my preciousssssssss data..

Off Topic:

Off Topic:

Both the offers are excellent if you count the free gift as well..
For any purchase over 5K, iBall 8MP webcam or Jabra bluetooh headset.. Not sure if those coupons are still valid..

Currently I have
1 hitachi 80 GB (since 5 years),
1 seagate 500GB (1 year)
3 WDs (250GB since 3 years, 320GB since 2 years and 1 TB since 6 months)..

No issues till now with any of these..I trust WD USB HDDs blindly..

I have never used Toshiba HDDs..So somebody who has some experience with Toshiba can comment better..

between Toshiba (5.8K) and Seagate Freeagent (6K), I would pick seagate because in my opinion it is more reliable than Toshiba..

Last edited:
chk the other thread i have posted the prices of hdd.. all of em.. u can buy one seperate anytime.. just look for the TV and the lowest price you can get it for ...

Any plans for group purchase?. Guys in NCR bought 42x20D for 32.5k while kukatpally panasonic showroom is not willing to budge from 40k (over phone, may comedown by 1-2k if bargained), but nowhere near that mouth watering deal.

Let me know. Am looking for X20D .

Vijay

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back