Best Plasma 42 inch under 45K

psj

Hi All,
I plan to pick up a 42 Inch Plasma around next month end.Could you please suggest me the best available product under 45K.
Thanks.

Hi All,
I plan to pick up a 42 Inch Plasma around next month end.Could you please suggest me the best available product under 45K.
Thanks.

Try to take a demo of the LG PQ70. It is a 42" plasma with Bluetooth and other attractive specs. This is the newest Plasma that LG recently brought to the market. It is within your budget.

Agree to Geotracks here.

LG PQ70 and Panasonic PV8 are two of the best plasmas in that budget.

PQ70 is a good option. two weeks back i bought the same for 44k after doing a side by side comparison with PV8. i liked PQ70. Happy with the performance till now. does fairly well with tatasky much better than my friend's LCD.

The Samsung B450 plasma is also an option, it's 45k at E-zone should be less elsewhere. I have the A410 and it's excellent, and Samsung's image processing and scaling technologies have improved in the recent days to such an extent that I wouldn't be surprised if these plasmas outdo the competition from Panasonic.

The Samsung B450 plasma is also an option, it's 45k at E-zone should be less elsewhere. I have the A410 and it's excellent, and Samsung's image processing and scaling technologies have improved in the recent days to such an extent that I wouldn't be surprised if these plasmas outdo the competition from Panasonic.

Is the B450 better than the PV8 ?

the A410 and the PV8 were closely comparable.....with the PV8 having better blacks and scaling, and the A410 having better colours, skin tones and a slightly better picture overall with HD sources. I am fairly sure the B450 will be better than the PV8, considering the strides that Samsung has made with scaling and image processing.

And yes I can confirm that I saw it n E-zone for 45,000.

Is the B450 better than the PV8 ?

I am fairly sure the B450 will be better than the PV8, considering the strides that Samsung has made with scaling and image processing.

Any idea if SD content would also be good on this compared to PV8.since i will be primarily watching SD using my Hathway STB.

Samsung's image scaling technology is now among the best around, and although I haven't seen the B450 (i've seen it but i haven't watched it critically) i would imagine that that it should at least be equal to the PV8, and plus it will consume significantly less power.

By the way I noticed that there is also a cheaper B430, which should then be available for even less, so please look around for that. Of course now i am wondering if the model I saw was a B450 or a B430, from their specs they seem to be identical except for a PC input on the 450, so the 430 might be a better idea if it is significantly cheaper.

Please do compare them for yourself before deciding.

Any idea if SD content would also be good on this compared to PV8.since i will be primarily watching SD using my Hathway STB.

Blindly Pana PV8. I compared them with samsung A450, LG PQ30, with normal dth Pana was better.
In Plasma , Panasonic is the master.

Has anyone seen a Samsung 42B450 on display in any stores in Bangalore?
Iam not able to see it on display at any store i checked out.

So many models thrown around! Whoa!
Guys, what would you suggest if I can't source the Panasonic PV8 since its discontinued?

Guys, what would you suggest if I can't source the Panasonic PV8 since its discontinued?

If your budget is under 45K, then I think LG PQ70 is the best option, it has good picture quality, is good-looking and has features (bluetooth, USB drive for movies, music, pics etc) that are not available in any other plasma TV in the market right now. Panasonic X10 and Samsung B450 are comparable models which will cost you 50K+.

If you have a slightly higher budget you can go for the Panasonic G10 which is supposed to have the best picture quality (according to experts who have seen it, I myself haven't, plus I am not an expert!).

I suggest you check out all these TV's and make a choice based on your own judgement as to picture quality, plus of course your budget and requirements.

Last edited:

Hey nitrous, nice to see you here buddy and you are looking at a Plasma too. If you are wondering who this is, I am S@~+#0$# on the other forum(automobile) :).

Confused between samsung,lg and panasonic

Someone help me out here.
The LG PQ70 and Samsung B430 are both priced at 43.5k and the PV8 at 45.5k.
Someone just posted that the Croma is offering the PV80 panasonic @ 46k.
The price difference is negligible.
What would you guys suggest I get?

@Santhosh: Nice meeting you on here. :)

Re: Confused between samsung,lg and panasonic

Someone help me out here.
The LG PQ70 and Samsung B430 are both priced at 43.5k and the PV8 at 45.5k.
Someone just posted that the Croma is offering the PV80 panasonic @ 46k.
The price difference is negligible.
What would you guys suggest I get?

@Santhosh: Nice meeting you on here. :)

Hey I bought Pq70 yesterday from local Kohinoor dealer in Mumbai(delivery is expected today). I got it for 41.5K. He was ready to give PV8 for around 40K. But if you are looking for PV80 or B450, then they are about 45K. So bargain hard and get the best deal. but please be cautious about delaer selling you showroom piece.
I am crossing my fingures...I will check viewed hours once delivered (hopefully that is not tampered).
All the best!

Btw, I am also on same auto forum

Thanks, everyone. I picked up the Samsung 42B430 for 42,700. :)
@Vishal: Nice to know you're a gearhead too.

Re: Confused between samsung,lg and panasonic

Hey I bought Pq70 yesterday from local Kohinoor dealer in Mumbai(delivery is expected today). I got it for 41.5K. He was ready to give PV8 for around 40K. But if you are looking for PV80 or B450, then they are about 45K. So bargain hard and get the best deal. but please be cautious about delaer selling you showroom piece.
I am crossing my fingures...I will check viewed hours once delivered (hopefully that is not tampered).
All the best!

Btw, I am also on same auto forum

How will you check viewing hours ?
'coz i couldn't find any way to find that !

Has anyone faced Plasma Burn issue recently?
How safe are with new models to watch DTH(Dishtv)?

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back