Best player to play FLAC files

• Thread starter Deleted member 17547
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 17547

Hi All,

I downloaded some flac files and played in Winamp and frankly speaking i didnt find much difference between the flac and mp3 files in terms of sound quality. Am i missing something as i was expecting the quality will be better.

Is there any player better than Winamp to play these files. I tried my flac files with VLC and Foobar but again i didnt notice any better quality.

Thanks

I tried Foobar but could not found any diff between flac and my mp3s(320kbps)... I am using M-Audio Fast Track USB..

Probably you may not have audiophilic ears:) Just joking. Try converting an audio cd to both flac and mp3 and check.

I tried to find out driver update but no new update is there. This M-audio device do not have its own player. I purchased it for the purpose of song recording :licklips:. It has multiple inputs for Mics and other devices and have optical (coax) and analog audio out. It's output is better than windows inbuilt sound card thats why i am using it. I have not tested optical (coax) out yet but seems like i'll have to test it. May be i'll get a better output.

Thanks

Probably you may not have audiophilic ears:) Just joking. Try converting an audio cd to both flac and mp3 and check.

You may be right. I have a cd "Meditation". I ripped it thru WMP into mp3(192Kbps) and it sound great on my system. May be thats why i am expecting that playing flac files should give me better quality. I'll try to rip it into flac and will check.

Thanks

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back