Best possible speaker system in and around 10k

Aryaink

2.1 or 5.1, Computer Speaker system or Home theater, doesn't matter, if it is a home theater system then it should have option to connect to a pc. What matters most is the sound quality and price range, which is around 10k, not exceeding 10k by much. Main usage is going to be Music, Movies and occasional Gaming.
If it comes with a remote, I will be a very happy person :D, but its not a deal breaker.

The kind of music I listen to, not in any particular order :

Electronic
Dubstep
Rap
Edith Piaf kind of music
Country
Instrumental
Oldies, both English and Hindi, as back as 1920's
Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan
Bhajans

The kind of Movies I prefer :

Sci-Fi
Horror
Fast Paced Action kind of stuff.

What you think ?

Last edited:
Get 2.1 multimedia speaker - Klipsch Promedia 2.1 around 11.5k
10k will be too low for 5.1
There are too many negative reviews about its build quality, and suddenly system going dead, on Amazon :(

Swan M1080 or M10
Couldn't find Swan M1080, no google results :( and I went through few reviews and comparisons, and Swan M10 seems to be not favored by people who like to listen to heavy Bass music. What's the deal with them ?

Any other options ?

You can look for active BS. That should fit your budget.
Are you planning to add more to it in the future... if yes then i would suggest to buy an amp and a BS (might have to stretch your budget a bit) and later add a sub.

I got an amp from Astonia Audio (SC 300) for around 4ish.. you can have a look at that. Also if you are comfortable with used speakers, go ahead with that. I got a used sub and i am a happy man...

How it stands against Swan M10 and Klipsch Promedia 2.1, if you know about those two, just for the comparison sake ?

M10 is more musical with required punch. But since u also listen dubstep and other bass heavy things, I dont think u will be satisfied with m10. further, its sub is needed to be placed inline to ear level to feel the bass.

Klipsch Promedia is a balanced system with plenty of bass and its not boomy like lowcost system. It packs enough oomph. If you like your music to be little bass heavy, then Klipsch will never dissapoint u.

Edifier c3 is next to Klipsch. It has discrete amplifier and have been appreciated by its users. You can see plenty of forums recommending these.

Harman Kardon Soundsticks 3 can be considered for its sound quality. But I find its cables are attached and fragile.

If you are more into natural sounding music then consider Audio Engine 2.0.

You can look for active BS. That should fit your budget.
Are you planning to add more to it in the future... if yes then i would suggest to buy an amp and a BS (might have to stretch your budget a bit) and later add a sub.
Didn't understand anything :p, pardon my ignorance. On the serious note, would prefer to not get into buying things separately, don't have much time going through reviews of each of them separately, I wish I had but I don't :(

Safely choose Klipsch or Edifier C3. I can vouch for Edifier's sound and build quality having used them myself. Other easily available brands can not even compete with the SQ C3 offers.

M10 is more musical with required punch. But since u also listen dubstep and other bass heavy things, I dont think u will be satisfied with m10. further, its sub is needed to be placed inline to ear level to feel the bass.

Klipsch Promedia is a balanced system with plenty of bass and its not boomy like lowcost system. It packs enough oomph. If you like your music to be little bass heavy, then Klipsch will never dissapoint u.

Edifier c3 is next to Klipsch. It has discrete amplifier and have been appreciated by its users. You can see plenty of forums recommending these.

Harman Kardon Soundsticks 3 can be considered for its sound quality. But I find its cables are attached and fragile.

If you are more into natural sounding music then consider Audio Engine 2.0.

Thanks gurujee, Edifier C3 looks like a logical choice considering my requirements and concerns.

One questions, Would I be able to connect my electric guitar with it ? How the connectors are ?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back