Best Price for Epson TW8000 IN INDIA

alitaher2009

planning to buy Epson TW8000[5010], projector, Epson India has quoted me 1.45lacs. is this a good price or can be negotiated further.

I think many forum members looking towards TW6000 and TW8000. A Group buy through national dealer will be good option.

The dealer should have sales and support in major cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata etc.

Forum member sixthsense (blr) got a quote of 1.4L + Tax without 3D glasses (as per his post)
http://www.hifivision.com/home-thea...-epson-tw6000-complete-saga-2.html#post371121

request other forum members to post here if they received better quote

I got a quote of Rs1.46L but I am a bit confused between Panny 7000 and Epson. PT-AE7000 is available for 1.65L (grey mkt) in Delhi.

Last edited:
I'm interested in Epson TW 6000. But looks like TW 5900 is available less than 900 in the UK. There is hardly any difference between TW 6000 and TW 5900. Can ask the dealer to check TW 5900 as well?

I dont think TW 5900 would be available in Indian market. I have contacted a few projector dealers no one seems to be interested in selling Epson.Everyone of them is trying to push Panasonic or Optoma. Moreover delivery time of Epson pjs is about a week in Delhi.The Epson 8000 is billed Rs1.23L + 12.5% vat to dealers (Rs138375). This is according to notebook of the dealer I accidentally saw while negotiating with him.

I got a quote of Rs1.46L but I am a bit confused between Panny 7000 and Epson. PT-AE7000 is available for 1.65L (grey mkt) in Delhi.

Here is a link for u to compare from a very well respected projector reviewer(Art)...

The Epson Home Cinema 5010 Projector Compared to the Panasonic PT-AE7000 projector

According to him the bottom line is 2D epson is better & in 3D panny is better... But in India the real point is Epson is 1.46 lacs with 2 yr warranty & panny in the grey market is 1.65 lacs with 0 day warranty... That right there makes a clear choice for u(atleast it does for me)... Also the fact that it delivers a better 2D performance is also a big factor as for me over the next few years 9 out of ten times when I will watch something on a projector will be in 2D not 3D... 3D is more of a ooohhhh aaahhhh phase which will pass very quickly & soon you will find urself watching 2D most of the time & only sometimes watching 3D...

PS if you look through the forums u will see that more service center guys loot the customers whenever a problem comes... One FM whose HD66's DLP chip was faulty was quoted 23k to change it(the cost of HD66 projector itself is only 30-40k)... Imagine if something goes wrong in ur spanking new 1.5lac+ projector how much will they charge u to fix it...

If you are talking about ~1.4L plus taxes, these are the regular prices of Epson 8000. You can pick this up from any dealer across the country.

I will talk to Epson India and see if they have any special pricing for bulk purchase. But I think they will be looking at 12 pieces or more.

Cheers

If you are talking about ~1.4L plus taxes, these are the regular prices of Epson 8000. You can pick this up from any dealer across the country.

I will talk to Epson India and see if they have any special pricing for bulk purchase. But I think they will be looking at 12 pieces or more.

Cheers

I think varay image has quoted ~1.40-1.45 lacs inclusive of vat(will have to chk the exact price)... Any price close to that with all india shipping available would be just great :) ...

Epson India will not honor the US warranty, so there is no good reason
to buy it from amazon, lets wait for 2 months till the prices in India comes
down with two years Indian warranty.
Because of the weakened rupee, I don't think prices will come down anytime soon. We will have to wait till end of year, prices will come down only when next year's models are introduced in market

I'm interested in Epson TW 6000. But looks like TW 5900 is available less than 900 in the UK. There is hardly any difference between TW 6000 and TW 5900. Can ask the dealer to check TW 5900 as well?

Hi Captain,

Last week I purchased TW-EH5900 from UK for 999 Pounds [Since I picked it up from the store - Curry's PC world, if ordered online this will be delivered for 925 Pounds].
Also got VAT refund of 120 Pounds since i took this to India [outside EU] :)

The main difference between 5900 and 6000 are

EH-TW5900 - 20,000:1 contrast ratio and 2,000 lumens output

EH-TW6000 - 40,000:1 contrast ratio, 2,400 lumens output and 2x pairs of active 3D shutter glasses included

Since the price for Epson active 3D glasses are around 76 Pounds, I have ordered Panasonic TY-EW3D3ME 3D Glasses - Medium [ read from reviews that the model works with Epson projectors] which costs around 45 Pounds. More over the Epson ones work with batteries and Panasonic rechargeable :).

Hi mr srnair,
Was just wondering did u have any issues with customs or taxs when you took your projector to India? Can u also tell me how you did the vat refund process please....by the way just saw on the epson uk website of a new offer buy a tw6000 and get an additional 2 pairs of glasses free...cool eh...hope you could help me with my questions.Thanks.

Hi Deepak,

Enquire about the store on VAT refund as from my understanding, not all the stores provides this option.

There are two options provided by the stores.

1. Immediate refund [service change is high]
2. Refund at Airport.

I opted for the second one; For this, we need to get VAT refund slip duly filled from the store with the details. We have to fill in the passport number, duration of stay, purchased item description etc in the slip.

This slip and the envelope will have details on how to get the refund, even the floor plan of airport will be printed on the envelope with proper demarcation of customs and vat refund counters.

Once you are at the airport, before chec-kin, go to the customs counter and show them the projector. The customs officials will stamp the slip; go to the VAT refund counter which will be near to the customs area. They will help you with the refund.

There also two options are there, one they will give you immediate refund [with service charge of 5 pounds i think]. Second is to get the amount loaded to your card which can take upto 3 months.

For most of the online-stores the VAT refund option is not available so better to check with the representative before placing the order.

Last week, I could see that the amount for 5900 dropped to 908; With TW6000 you will get two 3D glasses free.

The projector comes well packed with air filled bags around, used the same bags to put it inside the chec-kin baggage and reached India :)

More details here http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/sectors/consumers/overseas-visitors.htmhttp://

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back