Best Soundbar under 20k

techy.saurabh

Hi

Due to less budget I am looking for sounder under 20k. I came across LG SK5 sounder with virtual X in under 14k. Is it worth a deal. Can't get many reviews on it.
Another option is Polk audio signa 1 and Philips Fidelio B1/94 nano (5.1 channel). Please suggest.

Hi

Due to less budget I am looking for sounder under 20k. I came across LG SK5 sounder with virtual X in under 14k. Is it worth a deal. Can't get many reviews on it.
Another option is Polk audio signa 1 and Philips Fidelio B1/94 nano (5.1 channel). Please suggest.

Better to get an audition, LG SK5 audition you can find in Croma and Reliance Digital shops; throw in JBL Bar 2.1 in your list, which costs 22k in Amazon, and you get audition in same Croma/Reliance Digital. Polk Signa 1 should be there with ProFx shop. Philips audition is difficult to find I guess, haven't seen them anywhere or no one suggested also.

Things to look for is size and build of subwoofer (like 6.5 inch, 8 inch subwoofer driver, build of MDF or plastic etc), Input options like having HDMI in or HDMI ARC, optical in etc, option for bluetooth and of course how they sound to you.

And don't bother much about virtual surround, as they are more of marketing gimmick. Apart from Yamaha digital sound projection system and similar from Sony and LG speakers costing near or upwards of 1 lakh rupees, no other soundbar can produce virtual surround, not even 10% how surround supposed to be.

so you mean I should settle for less costly sound Bar rather than waisting money on costly one's as they can't produce home theatre effect.

You can compare JBL 2.1, Yamaha YAS 207 and Samsung HW series. JBL 2.1 is my favorite among them. You can audition all of them in any Croma or Reliance Digital store. If you could extend your budget by another 10k you can get yourself a 5.1 Yamaha or Onkyo Home Theater System. Reliance Digital has a wider range of products compared to Croma.

so you mean I should settle for less costly sound Bar rather than waisting money on costly one's as they can't produce home theatre effect.
My point was, not to give much importance to virtual surround feature of soundbars within this price range. Within 50k range soundbars with virtual surround sounds hollow/echo in most cases and it would not be surround sound per se. Because virtual never comes close to real rear/surround speakers.
But normally, higher the price, you get more input options making it future proof, better sound stage, bigger subwoofer, better sound quality etc. So audition and find the balance of price vs performance that suits you.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back