Experience of buying a Home Theatre setup for 1.5 Lakhs with the help of you Guys.

Deerajgowda

Hey,

I'm glad to have found this amazing community of Audiophiles thank you so much for helping out.

Let me properly introduce myself to the community, I run a digital media marketing firm called Brewed Media (www.brewedmedia.in) you guys can visit the website and have a look at the intro video and get to know what we do. If you guys are into social media then if you remember Bengaluru city police social media page at its prime with GOT and Narcos memes it was my company who handled the account. I am an explorer, photographer, artist, and overall chilled out guy :D I wouldn't consider myself an audiophile but an above-average tech addict who likes the latest tech.

After the Corona pandemic lockdown, I shifted back to my hometown Hassan and here we have an amazing Sony 65 inch KD-65X7500F LED tv and it was paired with a MI soundbar (I know...) as you all know the theatres were closed, I and my family missed them very much. So my home theatre itch which was there for a long time intensified! until now I had auditioned consumer-grade HT systems but never a true HiFi HT system. so the research began generally I go through google doing the usual keyword combination searches and then I came across Hifivision and I remembered coming on to the same website three years ago during my research on speaker solutions for my Mahindra XUV 5oo, so I went in and dug into the HT forum and read a lot of answers to the usual questions I had in my mind.
Initially, my budget was around 40k ( I know..) :D many people suggested the Yamaha 3072IN system but further digging into it, I realized and then came to the conclusion that I should be spending at least a lakh for a decent system. and then I continued researching and had to decide fast as I was coming to Bangalore to shift few things from my apartment to Hassan and I had a foresight thinking Bengaluru will continue on the same path as Chennai and they would close the whole place down very soon. (and look what happened now) so I had to decide fast and get what I can and head to Hassan.

I messaged quite a few members here and I kid you not, everyone replied telling about their opinion and what I could buy which seriously helped me a lot to narrow down my choices for auditioning as well. so the first thing I did was go to the pro fx showroom in Barton center and auditioned the Polk speakers, Denon combo and I was genuinely impressed by the quality of sound coming out and how similar it is to an actual theatre experience and I loved the bass of Polk HTS10 subs and Mr.Jai explained me everything and spent at least an hour explaining and auditioning several combos but finally, I decided that the Denon and Polk combo would be more than enough for the house. after this I visited two more stores one in domlur and htstore in jp nagar and auditioned several speaker setups within my budget range of 1.5 but I always went back to the polk and Denon combination which sounded so warm and nice in my mind. (All necessary precautions were taken during the visits by wearing N95 masks, sunglasses and hoodie and carrying an alcohol spray bottle all along)

Whenever I get tech I always make sure it's the latest set up. So this time even though many advised to wait and gradually build a system I was like a little kid jumping around wanting everything at one go and enjoy it during these times cause you never know when again will we get another opportunity to be at home for this long. so I went with the 5.1.2 set up with Dolby Atmos support in the avr. so finalized this combo,
1. Denon 1600h Reciever
2. POLK T series 5.0 speakers
3. Polk HTS 10 woofer
4. Polk rc60i pair atmos speakers

Then a fellow Hifivision member Navin @Love4sound who was kind enough to give his whatsapp number suggested that I should get a Denon 2600h instead of the 1600h and then I changed it in the last minute. so the final set up was :
1. Denon 2600h Reciever
3. Polk HTS 10 woofers
5. 16 gauge wires profs brand
All of this was selected and sent across to Mr. Jai (+91 98868 72777) of profx who was very kind and quite knowledgeable. He made the whole buying experience super smooth. The cash was transferred to the pro fx account and the speakers got delivered within two hours right to my apartment and we had one last hurrah in Bengaluru and I was glad that the HT system was there to uplift the party and we sure did get a couple of complaints from the neighbors :D cause I dint knew it was going to be that loud. packed everything in the morning and left Bengaluru.

Back in hassan, the HT system is set up in the hall which of length 13x20 feet but the tv resides in the far top left corner of the rectangle and we have a double-height ceiling as well on top of it. so this is currently how it is set up.

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-14 at 11.46.16 PM.jpeg

The surrounds are placed beside the two recliners and talking of the sitting arrangement I have a Lazyboy doing duty.

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-14 at 11.46.16 PM (1).jpeg

And this is how far the TV is from my sitting position.

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-14 at 11.46.16 PM (2).jpeg

The Atmos speakers are yet to be fitted and I am planning to make DIY arm extension of about two feet and then a pyramid speaker housing at the end right on top of the recliners. sorry for the swirly lines made it in my iPhone :D

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-14 at 11.46.16 PM (3).jpeg

Things that needs to be done yet :

1) Buying a streaming device with Atmos support as my tv inherently doesn't support Atmos, looking into Nvidia shield pro and Apple TV as there is no one coming from the US thinking of picking up the Apple TV 4k.
2) DIY arm extension and pyramid Atmos speaker housing.
3) Cable management.
4) Proper tuning of the speakers, for now I did the inbuilt Audyssey tuning but I still feel its not up to the mark I will have to further tune it.

My brother @Suraj RP and my mum love the experience of what the HT system is offering and we already watched several films and loved how the whole system is performing. and what I love the most is watching nat geo wild hd with Dolby Digital plus on tatasky hd, every animal chase has truly come alive. we are absolutely loving every bit of it all thanks to this wonderful community who has put smiles on our faces. I am very grateful for all the help received from you guys. I will definitely pass on the knowledge gained by this to many people and introduce them to this wonderful community.

So let me know what I should be doing further and what tips you guys have for me, should I be changing the speaker placements , which streaming device should I be buying, movies I should definitely watch on the ht system, different idea for Atmos speaker placements... and so on let me know what you guys think.
thank you all soo much again. take care and stay safe.

Hey,

I'm glad to have found this amazing community of Audiophiles thank you so much for helping out.

Let me properly introduce myself to the community, I run a digital media marketing firm called Brewed Media (www.brewedmedia.in) you guys can visit the website and have a look at the intro video and get to know what we do. If you guys are into social media then if you remember Bengaluru city police social media page at its prime with GOT and Narcos memes it was my company who handled the account. I am an explorer, photographer, artist, and overall chilled out guy :D I wouldn't consider myself an audiophile but an above-average tech addict who likes the latest tech.

After the Corona pandemic lockdown, I shifted back to my hometown Hassan and here we have an amazing Sony 65 inch KD-65X7500F LED tv and it was paired with a MI soundbar (I know...) as you all know the theatres were closed, I and my family missed them very much. So my home theatre itch which was there for a long time intensified! until now I had auditioned consumer-grade HT systems but never a true HiFi HT system. so the research began generally I go through google doing the usual keyword combination searches and then I came across Hifivision and I remembered coming on to the same website three years ago during my research on speaker solutions for my Mahindra XUV 5oo, so I went in and dug into the HT forum and read a lot of answers to the usual questions I had in my mind.
Initially, my budget was around 40k ( I know..) :D many people suggested the Yamaha 3072IN system but further digging into it, I realized and then came to the conclusion that I should be spending at least a lakh for a decent system. and then I continued researching and had to decide fast as I was coming to Bangalore to shift few things from my apartment to Hassan and I had a foresight thinking Bengaluru will continue on the same path as Chennai and they would close the whole place down very soon. (and look what happened now) so I had to decide fast and get what I can and head to Hassan.

I messaged quite a few members here and I kid you not, everyone replied telling about their opinion and what I could buy which seriously helped me a lot to narrow down my choices for auditioning as well. so the first thing I did was go to the pro fx showroom in Barton center and auditioned the Polk speakers, Denon combo and I was genuinely impressed by the quality of sound coming out and how similar it is to an actual theatre experience and I loved the bass of Polk HTS10 subs and Mr.Jai explained me everything and spent at least an hour explaining and auditioning several combos but finally, I decided that the Denon and Polk combo would be more than enough for the house. after this I visited two more stores one in domlur and htstore in jp nagar and auditioned several speaker setups within my budget range of 1.5 but I always went back to the polk and Denon combination which sounded so warm and nice in my mind. (All necessary precautions were taken during the visits by wearing N95 masks, sunglasses and hoodie and carrying an alcohol spray bottle all along)

Whenever I get tech I always make sure it's the latest set up. So this time even though many advised to wait and gradually build a system I was like a little kid jumping around wanting everything at one go and enjoy it during these times cause you never know when again will we get another opportunity to be at home for this long. so I went with the 5.1.2 set up with Dolby Atmos support in the avr. so finalized this combo,
1. Denon 1600h Reciever
3. Polk HTS 10 woofer

Then a fellow Hifivision member Navin @Love4sound who was kind enough to give his whatsapp number suggested that I should get a Denon 2600h instead of the 1600h and then I changed it in the last minute. so the final set up was :
1. Denon 2600h Reciever
3. Polk HTS 10 woofers
All of this was selected and sent across to Mr. Jai (+91 98868 72777) of profx who was very kind and quite knowledgeable. He made the whole buying experience super smooth. The cash was transferred to the pro fx account and the speakers got delivered within two hours right to my apartment and we had one last hurrah in Bengaluru and I was glad that the HT system was there to uplift the party and we sure did get a couple of complaints from the neighbors :D cause I dint knew it was going to be that loud. packed everything in the morning and left Bengaluru.

Back in hassan, the HT system is set up in the hall which of length 13x20 feet but the tv resides in the far top left corner of the rectangle and we have a double-height ceiling as well on top of it. so this is currently how it is set up.

View attachment 47381

The surrounds are placed beside the two recliners and talking of the sitting arrangement I have a Lazyboy doing duty.

View attachment 47382

View attachment 47383

The Atmos speakers are yet to be fitted and I am planning to make DIY arm extension of about two feet and then a pyramid speaker housing at the end right on top of the recliners. sorry for the swirly lines made it in my iPhone :D

View attachment 47384

1) Buying a streaming device with Atmos support as my tv inherently doesn't support Atmos, looking into Nvidia shield pro and Apple TV as there is no one coming from the US thinking of picking up the Apple TV 4k.
3) Cable management.
4) Proper tuning of the speakers, for now I did the inbuilt Audyssey tuning but I still feel its not up to the mark I will have to further tune it.

My brother @Suraj RP and my mum love the experience of what the HT system is offering and we already watched several films and loved how the whole system is performing. and what I love the most is watching nat geo wild hd with Dolby Digital plus on tatasky hd, every animal chase has truly come alive. we are absolutely loving every bit of it all thanks to this wonderful community who has put smiles on our faces. I am very grateful for all the help received from you guys. I will definitely pass on the knowledge gained by this to many people and introduce them to this wonderful community.

So let me know what I should be doing further and what tips you guys have for me, should I be changing the speaker placements , which streaming device should I be buying, movies I should definitely watch on the ht system, different idea for Atmos speaker placements... and so on let me know what you guys think.
Happy to help. Enjoy your system. If you can go for the shield pro it’s the best streaming device out there. For atmos you can got for Sonus, or jbl that comes with mounts and use as rear heights or overhead

Congratulations, one of the quickest buys. Hope you enjoy it thoroughly.

MaSh

Hey,

1. Denon 1600h Reciever
3. Polk HTS 10 woofer

1. Denon 2600h Reciever
3. Polk HTS 10 woofers

View attachment 47381

View attachment 47382

View attachment 47383

View attachment 47384

3) Cable management.

Hi
Can you indicate how much this costed - item wise

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back