Best Soundbar within 1Lakh

ONEMANARMY

A friend of mine wants recommendations on soundbars for his living room.
Since I have zero knowledge, I would appreciate your input on tha same.
Thanks in advance.

I suspect that there are better values for money, but FWIW, I had the Paradigm Soundscape which led to my falling into the audio rabbit hole. No, I meant lead me on this "journey" ;)

Thanks in advance.
I would say attempt a brainwash to convert him to 2 channel stereo instead :). A pair of Tannoy Reveal 802 probably.

I have Bang olufsen Denmark. Soundbar for sale.
model is beolab 7-6.
it has 6 ice power amp for each driver.
price for new above 3 Lackh.
i want 1.25k.
import from uk.
brand new.
pm me if intrested

I have auditioned polk magnifi max sr sound bar last year. It has wire less surround speakers and subwoofer. With in built 5 channels decoder and have sufficient input may be more useful. Sound quality was better than HTIB or entry level HT setup. Doesn't support lossless audio format. Cost near about 75k INR. You may audition this unit before purchase....

I know, right?

Q: What idiot pays 1L for a soundbar?
A: Me.

That was before I knew I was clueless. Now, I know (that I'm clueless).

Folks I know who use a soundbar are usually the type who do not listen much to music from TV, want a compact setup with no AVR etc and dont want wires etc running around for several speakers
Nothing wrong with Soundbars as long as you are clear you do not want a 2Ch speaker setup.

Yamaha have some really serious Soundbars at their higher end

Sound bar for 1 Lac :oops:.. He can easily do a good 2/3.1 system with an AVR in that budget, if he doesn't prefer surrounds / wires around the room..

I'm also in the camp of getting a good Soundbar like LG SL10YG. I'm using a TV oriented 2.1 system (Onkyo LS3100) for last 3-4 years and costed around 33K at that time. There are multiple benefits. Its very seamlessly integrated without the painful HDMI CEC. It turns on with TV, the volume control is via TV remote, in fact most of the people my family don't even know that the audio is not coming from TV. Also, there is one-click mode to enhance dialogue for night watching. The remote for this system has like 8-9 buttons in all.

I don't think there is any AVR which will work as seamlessly with the TV. I have also tried universal remotes like Harmony in the past but like HDMI CEC they do i have tendency to go out of sync.

Now when my Onkyo system goes bad I'm planning to upgrade to Soundbar like LG SL10YG.

I'm also in the camp of getting a good Soundbar like LG SL10YG. I'm using a TV oriented 2.1 system (Onkyo LS3100) for last 3-4 years and costed around 33K at that time.

Now when my Onkyo system goes bad I'm planning to upgrade to Soundbar like LG SL10YG.

Ok. I have nothing against a soundbar.. No disrespect meant towards the owners of the device (or) for someone who will own it in future.. I agree on the ease of usage for other family members..

If it was me, i wouldn't spend 1 Lac on a sound bar, nor would i recommended the same for any of my friends.. For the same money, one can do a decent 3.1 system (or) even 3.1.2 set-up with an AVR.. The more HDMI devices you have, better it is with AVR.. Soundbars have just two (or) three HDMI at-most.. Hence the suggestion to the member..

Thanks in advance.

Well ...
I procured a soundbar in 2011 that costed $800 then (Outlaw Audio OSB-1)
Damn good one for movies. Did not even need a subwoofer most of the time.
It was OK for casual music listening too. Still doing duty in parents place and going strong.
So investing in a good soundbar makes sense if one wants a sleek unit without all the other hassles.

In terms of brands, the only ones I have heard recently are Polk Audio.
They have two ranges. If your friend is in Mumbai too, take him out for an audition.
Let him be the good cop, you be the bad cop ;)

Cheers,
Raghu

Sound bar for 1 Lac :oops:.. He can easily do a good 2/3.1 system with an AVR in that budget, if he doesn't prefer surrounds / wires around the room..
Elango sometimes, in some rooms aesthetics and space matters. Thats the reason, why soundbar sells too. There are some of our relatives who hates lot of gadgets around. So, its not totally pointless. I find bluetooth speakers, bluetooth earphones, DAPS under 25k and sometimes hi end headphones pointless, but it may not be for others.

Last year in Dubai I have auditioned polk magnifi max sound bar and it absolutely sound better than HTIB or entry-level HT. I have compare it with YAMAHA HTIB( in same place immediately) with AVR equivalent to Yamaha main line RX v584/5 AVR. Polk was more agile and powerful than Yamaha HTIB. Polk subwoofer was bigger and heavier than YAMAHA. As it is difficult to comment in detailed on sound quality as I have not audition any music on Polk sound bar or YAMAHA HTIB but Polk can surve the purpose and have great flexibility of wireless subwoofer and surround speakers. For casual user wireless speakers is a great selling point than sound quality and new features.

Thanks a lot for the recommendations.

Just to clarify that the reason he does not want to go with a 2.1 setup is because he does not want any kind of clutter in his family room and more importantly, he's building a dedicated home theatre.
In fact I am helping him build his dream home theatre and it should be ready by November. Will share some picture once it's ready.

Thanks again for all your inputs.

Nothing wrong with Soundbars as long as you are clear you do not want a 2Ch speaker setup.

Nothing wrong at all. I don't think the nature of my response came across as well. It wasn't meant as a shot at the choice he/she was making.

I completely understand why a soundbar is a solution for some people. Prior to my move, it was for me as well.

To the OP: The ZVOX Soundbase sounded pretty decent in one of my auditions. Might be worth a gander.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back