Best speaker cables

Any idea if the AWG/sqmm of the conductor tallies with what's printed on the insulation? Wanna know if the Stackfine is honest and not undercutting by using a thinner conductor.
The cross section of a stranded wire is # of strands multiplied by area of each strand. Are you asking if he/anyone has any idea if this matches with spec. of the wire? :p

The cross section of a stranded wire is # of strands multiplied by area of each strand. Are you asking if he/anyone has any idea if this matches with spec. of the wire? :p
Come on Keith, you perfectly know what I mean. :)

Last edited:
Today I could compared Polycab 1.5sqmm, Polycab 2.5sqmm(3 core but used only 2), DAC extreme 12awg cable, Stackfine 14awg, Monoprice 16awg cable. Used some speakers to compare( Energy CF30,BW685) with marantz PM7005.

With CF30- polycab 1.5 gave good detailed sound but 2.5 sounded better as far as soundstage is concerned. 2.5 also had dark background but 3D sound was missing which was there with 1.5 polycab. DAC cable had largest soundstage, but some how bloated sound if compared with rest. Monoprice sounded softer and stackfine was very balanced. It had 3D sound, smooth highs and good vocal.
With BW865- DAC extreme sounded very good. Not bloated, but musical. It had laidback sound unlike Polycab 2.5 which had better attack. Overall tones again good with 2.5 polycab, 3D missing. Again dark background with good soundstag(2.5mm). Stackfine again was musical and instruments sounded sweet.

Overall I can say Stackfine cables are musical and can match with any amp/speaker practically. Polycab 2.5sqmm is vfm which has flat but enjoyable studio type sound. Polycab 1.5sqmm has good for HT.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back