Best speaker cables

rammy

As am using DAC speaker 20awg , could you please suggest good one better than this and in mind audio quest is there . Is it right choice? cause need to improve the sound quality.

Could please suggest good budget 12awg or 14awg speaker cable?

Thanks in Advance
rammy

Build your own speaker cables and invest on important stuffs like amps, speakers etc.

IMHO.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

As am using DAC speaker 20awg , could you please suggest good one better than this and in mind audio quest is there . Is it right choice? cause need to improve the sound quality.

Thanks in Advance
rammy

Yes, the speaker cable is important as it determines how effectively and precisely the audio signal from the amplifier or AV Receiver is transmitted to the speaker.

After spending a small fortune on your home theater system or stereo hi fi stereo system most buyers do not consider the next most important decision that they have to make.

I have used DAC cables and they have pretty decent VFM factor.

http://www.chetancable.com/speaker-wire.htm

Last edited:
depending on your setup, any good quality copper cable (including electric wire) between 16-12 gauge will do well

Here's the thing....for surround speakers 20 awg will suffice. But for the fronts and center, you might want to go for 12-16awg. No use spending on surrounds.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I moved into Mx Cables, Oxygen free -Made in Taiwan, It cost me 600INR for 15 Mtrs.They made significant different compared to cables which cost around 20-25Rs Per meter.

TBH,Spending More than 15 Per Meter on cable is not really worth Until you have Setp-up for say 1 Lakh +. Copper is the best affordable conductor of current and You Just need a max Pure copper Wire and with properly insulated, So that Oxygen contact to the wire could be avoided (just for Long Life)

I moved into Mx Cables, Oxygen free -Made in Taiwan, It cost me 600INR for 15 Mtrs.They made significant different compared to cables which cost around 20-25Rs Per meter.

TBH,Spending More than 15 Per Meter on cable is not really worth Until you have Setp-up for say 1 Lakh +. Copper is the best affordable conductor of current and You Just need a max Pure copper Wire and with properly insulated, So that Oxygen contact to the wire could be avoided (just for Long Life)

what gauge are these cables you bought. do they have 14/12 gauge as well?

the gauge of the conductor and flexibility really matters in speaker cable.

You can go for Gotham brand , you will definitely get best quality and flexibility speaker cables.
and it is available at Kiran sales corporation (grant road) mumbai.

Thanks in Advance
rammy

Audioquest FLX SLip 14/2 is excellent for Rs 325 a mtr if you can get it around that money or look for the Chird Leyline another good choice among entry level speaker cables

Mogami speaker cable. I think for speaker cable the number is 3803. I have mogami rca cable 2803 and hence i like mogami brand.

Another one is chord silver screen speaker cable. I have this one. Very neutral cable. Initially during burn in you may not like it... i did not like it during that phase and i bought another brand cable assuming that chord silverscreen is useless. But i was wrong.... after few weeks i switched back to chord silver screen and the other cable is lying idle.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Mogami speaker cable. I think for speaker cable the number is 3803. I have mogami rca cable 2803 and hence i like mogami brand.

Another one is chord silver screen speaker cable. I have this one. Very neutral cable. Initially during burn in you may not like it... i did not like it during that phase and i bought another brand cable assuming that chord silverscreen is useless. But i was wrong.... after few weeks i switched back to chord silver screen and the other cable is lying idle.

The exact number for mogami speaker cable is 3103.

Hi, best is a very relative and subjective term . I guess it depends on what sounds the best to your ears. I use Transparent Audio Ultra cables and am extremely happy with them and use blue jeans cat6a cables. Do check them out if possible.
Cheers!
Anand
STEREO: Transrotor zet 1 TT, Transrotor 8.2 MC reference phono stage, Ortofon rondo red cartridge,MSB Platinum iv DAC, Electrocompaniet PC -1 CD player, mola mola Kaluga power amplifiers, Transparent audio Ultra cables and interconnects, Transparent audio premium USB cable , Synology D 415 play 12 TB RAID NAS drive ,Mac book air with Roon, Joseph Audio Perspectives Floor-standers , Stillpoints Aperture Acoustic panels, Blue jeans CAT6a cables. Apple airport extreme router and D link switcher.

HT1: Optoma HD 82 projector, Ibox media player, Synology D 415 play 12 TB RAID NAS drive, Anthem MRX 500 AV receiver , B & W centres & surrounds , REL T5 subwoofer.

HT2: Panasonic 42' Plasma, Monitor audio Radius R250 centre and front speakers, Radius R90 rears and radius R360 subwoofer. Dune media player and pioneer BDP 140 blu ray player.

Any idea if the AWG/sqmm of the conductor tallies with what's printed on the insulation? Wanna know if the Stackfine is honest and not undercutting by using a thinner conductor.

Any idea if the AWG/sqmm of the conductor tallies with what's printed on the insulation? Wanna know if the Stackfine is honest and not undercutting by using a thinner conductor.
Usually its metal wire dimension and not with cover.I don't have stack fine as it was borrowed to compare.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back