Suggest me a power cable for my Schiit Aegir power amp.

was never captured in the first place itself
clarification-captured by the recording device , which was powered by an industry standard power cord.
But when played back on a Schit DAC with uber expensive power cord, suddenly this hidden details in the said recording is revealed! which wasn't their in the original recording nor it could be heard on the same Schit DAC with the supplied stock cable.
Again I'm not talking about any mics or studio monitors, but just the devices in signal chain like ADC, mixing consoles, etc powered by , again with an industry standard power cord.

In my understanding what Availlyrics is trying to point that in his observation, even without any boutique/audiophile/exotic cables the studios are capable of capturing highest quality of sound.
There's no mention about Studio Monitors' sound reproduction capability or lack thereof whatsoever.
Places/suites in the studio where really top end equipment is used(e.g. mastering), they also have good quality of cables(ic’s, speaker cables, power chords) used to ensure every bit of nuance that is to be heard is heard. Fyi. For example it was said that at a point in time Pentatone records was cabled by Van Den Hul for recording and mastering atleast. So they do use it. Now whether they used the carbon IC or the comparatively Gareeb D102mk3 or such like is a different topic of conversation. My sense would say the latter.

Guys, read the original question again. Tbe OP has made up his mind that his Aegir will benefit from an after market cable. He lists specific requirements for the after market cable that he intends to buy:

* thick (thicker than 18 AWG) cable with shielding.
* length required is about 1 metre
* budget is around 6K

I suggest that we not waste any more of his time and ours by meandering into areas that are of no relevance by attempting to educate or by trying to dissuade him from buying an after market PC. Let us only contribute if we can address those 3 specific requirements that he has listed else this whole thread is just entertainment value.

Last edited:
Thanks @keith_correa for setting the tone right.

Now if that is what you are looking for -
For Plugs - I like these because they look fancy & I do not see any degradation in performance lets compared to an Anchor etc.

For cable -

The whole PC should cost you around - 3200 for a meter of terminated cable. Leaving you money for Maybe sleeve/ some heat shrink to make it look even fancier. :)

For Plugs - I like these because they look fancy & I do not see any degradation in performance lets compared to an Anchor etc.

For cable -

The whole PC should cost you around - 3200 for a meter of terminated cable. Leaving you money for Maybe sleeve/ some heat shrink to make it look even fancier. :)
You perhaps tested and said Anchor plugs don't degrade ;) . but this plug in the link does not conform to IS and cannot be directly plugged into IS sockets.

An adaptor or a socket strip with multi standard socket with two thin leaves of metal contacts will possibly cause loose contact, overheating and sparkover? With adaptor two sets of contacts in between the wire and main socket - another recipe for "chrr, chrr"!!

You perhaps tested and said Anchor plugs don't degrade ;) . but this plug in the link does not conform to IS and cannot be directly plugged into IS sockets.

An adaptor or a socket strip with multi standard socket with two thin leaves of metal contacts will possibly cause loose contact, overheating and sparkover? With adaptor two sets of contacts in between the wire and main socket - another recipe for "chrr, chrr"!!
Yes you are absolutely right & I didn't think before suggesting. I actually as part of the "organisation" of my office :p have a power strip from SoundFoundations. Hence I had no issues with this. BUT yes, this won't fit the regular Indian plugs. It fits my Belkin power strips perfectly though.

BTW have you watched ASR video on power cord that I posted? He has tested DACs , fancy USB cables, power cables, speakers etc on his channel. Since you are an audio eng., you will find easier to understand his analysis.
I just skimmed through it. It is a long video and I will watch all the video you suggested soon. Thank you :)
Probably to a device powered by an industry standard power cord worth about 10-20$
Just a normal XLR cable from belden or bandridge. Those are balanced cables.
Guys, read the original question again. Tbe OP has made up his mind that his Aegir will benefit from an after market cable. He lists specific requirements for the after market cable that he intends to buy:

* thick (thicker than 18 AWG) cable with shielding.
* length required is about 1 metre
* budget is around 6K

I suggest that we not waste any more of his time and ours by meandering into areas that are of no relevance by attempting to educate or by trying to dissuade him from buying an after market PC. Let us only contribute if we can address those 3 specific requirements that he has listed else this whole thread is just entertainment value.
Thank you, Keith. I must say the thread is very educative for me :)

Thanks for the recommendations. Is this better than a brass plug?

Thanks for the recommendations. Is this better than a brass plug?
I have no idea if a brass plug measures better than these fake Furutechs or not, but they look nice, they fit well and they are heavy. I have been using these to power my Sub + Monitors + Xbox - I have had no issues. Whether it is better than the pure 100% brass plugs etc - I have no idea.

I have no idea if a brass plug measures better than these fake Furutechs or not, but they look nice, they fit well and they are heavy. I have been using these to power my Sub + Monitors + Xbox - I have had no issues. Whether it is better than the pure 100% brass plugs etc - I have no idea.
An inch of copper or brass should not make a difference for a few amperes. Most sockets are made of brass with chromium plating to prevent galvanic corrosion. If you talk about a connection carrying 2000 amperes I would choose copper over brass.

And these multi standard adaptors incorporated in, are made to no recognized standards that specify the material, thickness, dimensions of the socket etc. Just checked a multitude of adaptors I have. (We need here in UAE since older equipment came with all sorts of plugs. Now we have regulation that forces all manufacturers to supply with plugs conforming to British Standard.) Unless the sockets (usually 3 in 1 block) conform to only BS they do not carry any standard's reference on them.

Last edited:
Tbe OP has made up his mind that his Aegir will benefit from an after market cable.
What a coincidence! this same thought crossed my mind today, I think many knowledgeable members have contributed to this thread including yours truly. Its upto @ajuvignesh to make his final (and hopefully informed ) purchase decision.
Don't waste your precious time preaching those who cannot understand a thing in electrical engineering. I stopped reacting to these.
@Subbu68 is absolutely correct on this one.
If anybody wants to communicate , they can PM me
From now on, No more comments on this thread from me.

Our Indian round plugs have better contact with sockets than flat plugs
That is where standards come into play. If one wants to stamp IS or BS or IEC number on your product, he should be making it to that spec. In IS plugs it is a cylindrical tube that is screwed on to the wire connection and with a cylindrical pin on the plug, the contact is firm.

Open any power-strip with multi standard compatibility to see leaf like thin springy contacts (hopefully not steel), that become loose later.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back