Best Subwoofer around 50k

Congrats!
Any idea selling price of new Impact 10 and Impact 12?

I have read in some previous velodyne thread that these 2 subs will be in "Stand by" mode by default and will be in action only when decent bass signal is detected.
Can you please check this function and confirm.
Will I be able to feel the subwoofer presence if I just play a normal Audio CD in 2-channel mode?

I have read in some previous velodyne thread that these 2 subs will be in "Stand by" mode by default and will be in action only when decent bass signal is detected.
Can you please check this function and confirm.
Will I be able to feel the subwoofer presence if I just play a normal Audio CD in 2-channel mode?

It will switch on for any signal on the speaker level or line level inputs. If your AVR is in stereo mode with crossover switched off then there will be no signal sent to the subwoofer at all so the question is invalid.

I was referring to this post. In the last post it was reported that Sub was not coming out of Stand by unless a strong bass signal is given or volume cranked up..So I would like to confirm if this is a known issue or specific problem with the unit.

I was referring to this post. In the last post it was reported that Sub was not coming out of Stand by unless a strong bass signal is given or volume cranked up..So I would like to confirm if this is a known issue or specific problem with the unit.

It's an issue with the unit. It's supposed to switch on for any signal. I've faced this issue with one of my subs (not Velodyne) a few times but it fixed itself.

Finally went for Velodyne Impact 12 and I must say that I am very satisfied with this one.
Good thing is it doesn't sound loud and rattle everything in the house. It is just perfect, with softness, deep bass and more than that the feel of it. And another Good thing is that the presence of sub is not felt separately, but completely fills the room, some times I doubt that even if the sub is working or not (so I have been checking frequently if the sub is working or not :p) All together I am happy with the purchase for the price and output (24k for 4 mons old sub)
Now my family members also felt the richness of the sound and can make out from their expression that how nice they feel with the overall output of the music.
Movies watched, Spectre (trailer) and MI4 Rogue Nation, they are perfect and gives 100% movie watching exp in a theater.
I am yet to tweak the settings to see if there is a sweet spot which I am yet to discover.

*****Now I have a question.......should I use a stabilizer for the sub (I have been advised that the sub needs a stabilizer just to be safe).....any suggestions or advice???
If a stabilizer is required, can you please let me know what should I be looking for while making a purchase????

Check the wattage in Amps in the subwoofer spec (usually printed on the back) and you can figure out what capacity stabilizer is required. (Multiply 230 with Amps and you will get VA capacity, usually go for 40% more capacity when you choose the stabilizer model). Accordingly you need the wiring for it (usually 5 Amp plug is enough but your sub may consume more Amp, install wiring accordingly)
V-guard is good enough.

SVS SB 1000 or SVS PB 1000???
Preference is 50% movies/music. Room size is 12x24 (living room adjoining dining room)
I am not looking for room shuttering effect, but need a smooth, tight and deep bass.

SB1000 will be the best bet !

With subs audition is the key. You will be surprised that it is not at all what you want. I find most subwoofers are not good for mid bass. Most go deep and hit hard but cannot keep up with fast music. That is why you see people not being happy with SVS Pb 1000. For movies though it is another matter and the PB 1000 will virtually throw you around. It's the same with my sub too - great for movies, not so great for fast music.
I have heard Focal subs and they kept up very well with music, i'm guessing it might be true with Dali subs. So audition - otherwise the model that everyone is raving about may not suit your needs at all and you'll regret your purchase. I auditoned Polk subs with the track i use for testing (Krrish 3, Dil tu hi bata) and no subs there including the DSW could keep up with the beats. You should hear the same track with Focal chorus sub and whoa what an experience that was...

With subs audition is the key. You will be surprised that it is not at all what you want. I find most subwoofers are not good for mid bass. Most go deep and hit hard but cannot keep up with fast music. That is why you see people not being happy with SVS Pb 1000. For movies though it is another matter and the PB 1000 will virtually throw you around. It's the same with my sub too - great for movies, not so great for fast music.

Could be true for PB1000 but what i have suggested is SB1000

Hi everyone,

The SVS PB-1000 is currently being sold for 85k. I recently found out that it used to be sold for 60k to 65k around a year ago. I'm wondering if it's truly worth buying at 85k. Could someone please advise me on this?

Hi everyone,

The SVS PB-1000 is currently being sold for 85k. I recently found out that it used to be sold for 60k to 65k around a year ago. I'm wondering if it's truly worth buying at 85k. Could someone please advise me on this?

Depends on the application, if you want it for HT use then its a good option, if you want to use it for stereo then the rel t5x makes the most sense, even the rel HT/1003 MKII is good for a mix of stereo and HT.

Depends on the application, if you want it for HT use then its a good option, if you want to use it for stereo then the rel t5x makes the most sense, even the rel HT/1003 MKII is good for a mix of stereo and HT.
I wanted to clarify that my question is not regarding the performance of the SVS PB-1000, but rather the price-to-performance ratio.

I've noticed that the current price in India is significantly higher compared to its international price, which seems quite unreasonable.

I wanted to clarify that my question is not regarding the performance of the SVS PB-1000, but rather the price-to-performance ratio.

I've noticed that the current price in India is significantly higher compared to its international price, which seems quite unreasonable.

That had always been the case with svs, with the given market for subwoofers specially the so called 'price-to-performance' ratio is well out the window.

Hi everyone,

Not worth buying. You can buy two 12 inch subwoofers for that price

But would those two 12 inch subs dig sub 20hz is the question. Also, curious to know which decent 12 inch subwoofer costs less than 42,500/- as i could find only 10 inchers.
JBL Stage Series A120P 12" 500W Subwoofer
Taga Harmony
BIC America F12
Polk Audio XT12
Polk Audio HTS12

All subs go below 20Hz question is how will you experience that? Our ears are not meant to perceive sound below 20Hz. You will have to be in physical contact with the subwoofer. As far as audio is concerned I think 25Hz is enough for a subwoofer if it produces that well. Ported subs will never go near 20Hz as you will keep the volume level accoridng to the tuning frequency and any frequency below that will give very slight effect.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back