Best Subwoofer around 50k

But would those two 12 inch subs dig sub 20hz is the question. Also, curious to know which decent 12 inch subwoofer costs less than 42,500/- as i could find only 10 inchers.
@ -3db you forgot to mention....

JBL Stage Series A120P 12" 500W Subwoofer - 32hz to 150hz, this ones running for top honours
Taga Harmony
BIC America F12 - the lowest it goes is 25hz which indicates it runs out of steam much earlier
Polk Audio XT12 - So good they didn't bother with its frequency response
Polk Audio HTS12 - -3db @ 28hz and 22hz lowest, its fallen asleep before the svs reaches -3db @ 19hz not to mention the 320watts of headroom the svs has at peak power

All subs go below 20Hz question is how will you experience that? Our ears are not meant to perceive sound below 20Hz. You will have to be in physical contact with the subwoofer. As far as audio is concerned I think 25Hz is enough for a subwoofer if it produces that well. Ported subs will never go near 20Hz as you will keep the volume level accoridng to the tuning frequency and any frequency below that will give very slight effect.
It is not just about hearing, it is also about control. The subwoofers you mentioned above flap around baselessly with little to no control like a polythene in the wind when it comes to such low frequency. The objective of having subs go down to 20hz, 13hz or even 9hz is not to be heard but to add to the feeling of space and depth to the complete presentation. Randomly picking names up from the internet and posting them won't serve the purpose of the question the FM has asked.

@ -3db you forgot to mention....

It is not just about hearing, it is also about control. The subwoofers you mentioned above flap around baselessly with little to no control like a polythene in the wind when it comes to such low frequency. The objective of having subs go down to 20hz, 13hz or even 9hz is not to be heard but to add to the feeling of space and depth to the complete presentation. Randomly picking names up from the internet and posting them won't serve the purpose of the question the FM has asked.
Even if the SVS goes down till 20Hz or even below with control and at good volume level, it would give hardly any effect as those frequencies are meant to be felt. It might work if it is kept really close to the seating position. But I do not think it will be worth the money spend. Two decent subwoofers can be better than one expensive subwoofer. Anyone buying anything shall do the audition first and compare. I am just giving my thoughts. My point is just that subwoofer within 40-50k price range can give more worth to the money spent.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back