Best "Value for Money" 12 inch active sub-woofer

Friends, I have a Denon X1600H and Elac b6.2 in a 10x11 size room. For 2 channel stereo playback, its fine. But, for movies esp with FireTV stick, volume, depth is not much at all there. I tried various settings and it didn't help much. So, thought of adding a sub and cut down the effort of LR playing low frequency. A 10-inch sub would be fine, right? Ur vote b/w HTS10 vs NS300?

Friends, I have a Denon X1600H and Elac b6.2 in a 10x11 size room. For 2 channel stereo playback, its fine. But, for movies esp with FireTV stick, volume, depth is not much at all there. I tried various settings and it didn't help much. So, thought of adding a sub and cut down the effort of LR playing low frequency. A 10-inch sub would be fine, right? Ur vote b/w HTS10 vs NS300?
You need to improve your source and contents for movies. I have used a firestick and done side by side comparisons with Bluray player and nvidia shield. The volume output is very low in firestick. It feels compressed and lifeless. You will definitely need a subwoofer for the best movie experience but however you also need to get a better source

Last edited:
You need to improve your source and contents for movies. I have used a firestick and done side by side comparisons with Bluray player and nvidia shield. The volume output is very low in firestick. It feels compressed and lifeless. You will definitely need a subwoofer for the best movie experience but however you also need to get a better source
Agreed. But, the same content giving a room filling sound through the Sony X8500 soundbar. Why is that? Any idea?

Agreed. But, the same content giving a room filling sound through the Sony X8500 soundbar. Why is that? Any idea?
Don’t know and can’t comment as I haven’t heard the Sony x8500. May be it’s louder but are u sure it has details? Have heard few sound bar set ups and they do sound loud and punchy compared to avr basic setups but they wil miss a lot of details and clarity

Don’t know and can’t comment as I haven’t heard the Sony x8500. May be it’s louder but are u sure it has details? Have heard few sound bar set ups and they do sound loud and punchy compared to avr basic setups but they wil miss a lot of details and clarity
That's a question. I totally agree with you. Btw, I think we are bit deviating from the original request. I picked those 2 subs into list for the price, size and decent specs for my room. Do you have any idea about that? Also, for the 10 x 11 room size, 10" sub would do right? Any other sub you can suggest in that price range? mine is 50:50 music and movies.

That's a question. I totally agree with you. Btw, I think we are bit deviating from the original request. I picked those 2 subs into list for the price, size and decent specs for my room. Do you have any idea about that? Also, for the 10 x 11 room size, 10" sub would do right? Any other sub you can suggest in that price range? mine is 50:50 music and movies.
Mine is also a 10*11 room. Look at 300 watts rms sub. Increase ur budget and go for hts12 or the Bic pl 200-ii

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back