Help needed to choose sub woofer

Update: Got Polk Audio HTS12 day before yesterday. It looks sleek and beautiful. But it's a huge and very heavy sub. Nevertheless, it looks beautiful when connected to the setup. I tested the sub with a few movies, not tested with music yet. it certainly sounds much better than Q acoustic sub. However, I need some suggestions with respect to controls at the back of the sub. My present settings can be seen in the attached photo. I had similar settings in my previous Sub which I am going to connect in parallel with this new sub. I floated my queries in one of the Audio/video groups on FB and received numerous suggestions. Based on that I set the controls as you can see in the pic. The Bass and overall sound are good and clean. But trying to get the best out of it. Please chip in your inputs for the bestest sound from the sub.

Attachments

• IMG_1136.JPG
    IMG_1136.JPG
    896.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1139.jpg
    IMG_1139.jpg
    627.8 KB · Views: 34
Update: Got Polk Audio HTS12 day before yesterday. It looks sleek and beautiful. But it's a huge and very heavy sub. Nevertheless, it looks beautiful when connected to the setup. I tested the sub with a few movies, not tested with music yet. it certainly sounds much better than Q acoustic sub. However, I need some suggestions with respect to controls at the back of the sub. My present settings can be seen in the attached photo. I had similar settings in my previous Sub which I am going to connect in parallel with this new sub. I floated my queries in one of the Audio/video groups on FB and received numerous suggestions. Based on that I set the controls as you can see in the pic. The Bass and overall sound are good and clean. But trying to get the best out of it. Please chip in your inputs for the bestest sound from the sub.
Congratulations on your new sub !
The bass management should be ideally done through your Marantz avr and the low pass filter behind your sub should be left at maximum.
Try positioning your sub to see where it sounds best from the mlp. You can also try the phase settings and where it sounds loudest whether at 0 or 180 then leave it at that. Assuming you have already calibrated using Audyssey XT32.

I have set the phase at 0. I believe 180 is to be set if the sub is positioned behind the listening position.
Basically, the driver movement of the sub should coincide with the driver movement of the front speakers to avoid bass cancellation in the room. I have left mine at "0" as that suits my setup.

Congratulations on your new sub !
The bass management should be ideally done through your Marantz avr and the low pass filter behind your sub should be left at maximum.
Try positioning your sub to see where it sounds best from the mlp. You can also try the phase settings and where it sounds loudest whether at 0 or 180 then leave it at that. Assuming you have already calibrated using Audyssey XT32.
If bass management shall be done by AVR input should be given in LFE and crossover(LPF) of the subwoofer will not work.
If input is given at lime level then the LPF will work but that is when connected to a stereo amp with pre outs or CD/DVD player through RCA.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back