jhajee

Hi All,
My setup:

1. Onkyo 703 AVR
  2. Sony DVD Player
  3. Wharfedale 9.6 diamond (Fronts)
  4. Wharfedale 9.1 diamonds (surrounds)
  5. Panasonic PV8

Currently I am using the HDMI out from Sony DVD player to the panasonic PV8 for audio / video when using without AVR and Optical OUT from Sony DVD player to Optical IN for the Onkyo audio when turning on the AVR for DD or DTS.

Now I am buying a new dedicated Marantz PM 7001 amp for listening to audio CDs. The intention is to play stereo using Marantz amp and movies using the Onkyo AVR. The source would be the same sony DVD player(atleast till such time that my finances are all right for a dedicated CDP) and the diamond 9.6 as the fronts for movies and LR channels for the stereo for Marantz amp.

My question is :
  1. What is the best way to connect the Sony DVD player with the AVR and stereo amp?
  2. What is the best way to connect the diamond 9.6 speakers to these separate amps?

Cheers !!

Use the front pre-outs of the avr to integrate the amp with your ht. This will facilitate the use of 7001 as a standalone 2 channel amp for music driving your 9.6 while working as front L&R channels during movies.

This has been discussed many times here. Do a search.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back