Best Way to Stream Tidal Master / Atmos

sl4y3r

Hi All,

I have taken a Tidal free subscription but I am unable to get it streamed to by AVR in lossless quality. I have tried from my PC as well as Phone. If i use the Pioneer App on my Phone I get 96kbps AAC.

On my phone output I get Master/Dolby Atmos. (i have a OP8Pro that supports DA, headphone though)

I do not have a FireStick, or an Android TV, I hear this would be possible via these.

I have tried to stream from my PC, tried the Exclusive Mode and the Passthrough options, it did not work. Any suggestions?

TIA

I am able to stream 88khz, 96khz and Dolby Atmos through Nvidia Shield.
PC app doesn't have dolby atmos option.

Dolby Atmos sounds great even though the sample rate is less, some sounds make it joy to listen, specially Vanilla Ice.

Hi All,

I have taken a Tidal free subscription but I am unable to get it streamed to by AVR in lossless quality. I have tried from my PC as well as Phone. If i use the Pioneer App on my Phone I get 96kbps AAC.

On my phone output I get Master/Dolby Atmos. (i have a OP8Pro that supports DA, headphone though)

I do not have a FireStick, or an Android TV, I hear this would be possible via these.

I have tried to stream from my PC, tried the Exclusive Mode and the Passthrough options, it did not work. Any suggestions?

TIA
Have you tried with Wifi and Airplay via phone? It shows better SQ.

I am able to stream 88khz, 96khz and Dolby Atmos through Nvidia Shield.
PC app doesn't have dolby atmos option.

Dolby Atmos sounds great even though the sample rate is less, some sounds make it joy to listen, specially Vanilla Ice.

Yea, i read the Shield allows this option. Not looking to invest in one rn. Thanks for your reply, nonetheless.

Have you tried with Wifi and Airplay via phone? It shows better SQ.
Sadly, I don't have an Apple device :(

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back