Bi-amping my speakers using 5.1 amp

Crusado

Hi Experts,
I have an old Denon 1602 5.1 av reciever and Wharfedale 10.1 speakers.
In one of the sound preset my amp playes the sound as stereo from front and rear speakers.
Is it possible to bi-amp my speakers utilizing this mode connecting one set of L-R wires from speakers to front L-R ports on amp and other set of wires to rear L-R port.
I don't know whether it's an right approach or just a silly idea.

Please suggest as i don't want to damage my speakers or amp.

No one is replying.. is it such a silly question? :sad:
At least say yes or no.. it should be done or not :eek:

Your amp has two sets of front speaker outs - A & B. You should rather use that to bi-amp. You will have to select both speaker A and B on the front panel. The sound mode will still be stereo. However, I don't think an AVR's amp is any good for achieving whatever little improvement biamping can.

Hi Experts,
I have an old Denon 1602 5.1 av reciever and Wharfedale 10.1 speakers.
In one of the sound preset my amp playes the sound as stereo from front and rear speakers.
Is it possible to bi-amp my speakers utilizing this mode connecting one set of L-R wires from speakers to front L-R ports on amp and other set of wires to rear L-R port.
I don't know whether it's an right approach or just a silly idea.

Please suggest as i don't want to damage my speakers or amp.

Usually Bi-Amp the fronts is provided in a 7.1 AVR when you don't make use of the rear surrounds...

I think your AVR doesn't support that feature... Though Bi-amping in AVR is the same as what you explained above, don't try it as your AVR doesn't support it...Moreover your AVR 1602 when used in A + B mode, requires 12 ohms - 16 ohms speaker.. So assuming you use 8 ohms speakers, it might trip (or) get into protection mode...

If you use your AVR in pure direct mode it should supply more power to your fronts in stereo...

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back