BiAmping a speaker using a stereo amp

I am not asking about how to create 2 set of speaker terminals by desoldering the XO. I am asking about issues related to the compatibility of doing it and how to make it compatible \ general like all other speakers. Hope my question is clear.

To be more specific,

- It has the power handling capacity of 150w as a whole, doest it remain same even after splitting it?
- It has the impedence of 6ohms, doest it remain same after splitting?

Last edited:
Thanks Keith for chipping in. I expected experts to chip in with their gyan but none was forthcoming.

- It has the power handling capacity of 150w as a whole, doest it remain same even after splitting it?
- It has the impedence of 6ohms, doest it remain same after splitting?
AFAIK, most of the conventional modern era drivers have impedances in the range of 4-8 ohms and as long as you are keeping the amp's volume at sane levels, you don't need to worry too much about power handling. I'm not sure of the improvements in SQ that would be achieved though.

I'm not sure of the improvements in SQ that would be achieved though.

Is it the SQ improvement after biamping?

Previously it was getting 110w from onkyo 606 (2 channel driven), but now each of the drivers will get 110w (theoretically). Does it like connecting a high powered amp than Onkyo 606?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back