Bias light for OLED TV

Lizard King

I have a 2018 Sony OLED 65". I'm happy with the quality and plan to keep it for another few years, till 75" OLED TVs become somewhat affordable.
In the meantime, will adding bias light make any difference to the perceived quality? Does bias light work for OLEDs or is it good for LEDs only?

I have a 2018 Sony OLED 65". I'm happy with the quality and plan to keep it for another few years, till 75" OLED TVs become somewhat affordable.
In the meantime, will adding bias light make any difference to the perceived quality? Does bias light work for OLEDs or is it good for LEDs only?
Bump....

I have a really bright LED which causes my wife eye strain. (Well lately to me too). I installed bias lighting, it was soothing for the eyes but when I cleaned the TV out of dust it sort of made the bias lighting loose and distorted in connection. Remote stopped working for the bias lights. I had to watch movies in non vivid mode. So I have decided to buy an OLED. From what I was told there is no need for bias lighting for OLED as it is an organic emission.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back