Bird feeding

Lovely. can watch this all day! They seem to like the music too
Thanks. I spend a lot to time watching my tanks too and so does my 89 year old mom. Very interesting to watch how they behave. My paired Angel fish were so territorial when they were breeding that I had to shift them to a separate tank. Each of the species have their own behavior and keeping them together is akin to component matching in audio.

Maintaining them requires quite a lot of efforts.
Sorry for the late reply. You will be surprised how little maintenance it takes.

The lights and CO2 are on a timer. 8 hours of both.
Feeding once a day. No feed on Sunday.
Very little liquid fertilizers one a week on a Sunday.
Filter maintenance once every month for the smaller filters and once in two months for the bigger one.
Water changes only when required which is not very often at all. I have gone months without water changes and tank maintenance and the test kits still show zero Ammonia, zero Nitrites and very little Nitrates.

Basically, if one ensures that the substrate is quite thick with lots of places for beneficial bacteria to grow, you have enough biomedia in the filters, there are enough plants in the tank, the tank is not overpopulated with fish, the fish is not overfed and light and CO2 if any is consistently provided, you will have an almost maintenance free tank.

Apologies for the OT.

Sorry for the late reply. You will be surprised how little maintenance it takes.

The lights and CO2 are on a timer. 8 hours of both.
Feeding once a day. No feed on Sunday.
Very little liquid fertilizers one a week on a Sunday.
Filter maintenance once every month for the smaller filters and once in two months for the bigger one.
Water changes only when required which is not very often at all. I have gone months without water changes and tank maintenance and the test kits still show zero Ammonia, zero Nitrites and very little Nitrates.

Basically, if one ensures that the substrate is quite thick with lots of places for beneficial bacteria to grow, you have enough biomedia in the filters, there are enough plants in the tank, the tank is not overpopulated with fish, the fish is not overfed and light and CO2 if any is consistently provided, you will have an almost maintenance free tank.

Apologies for the OT.
That's great to hear Ssf.

Saw this peer article recently…

Is it actually okay to feed wild birds?

According to the peer-reviewed article published last week in PLOS ONE, feeding wild birds in backyards was already known to be extremely popular in many parts of the northern hemisphere and in Australia, despite being strongly discouraged.

Despite compelling evidence that feeding “can lead to problems for the birds,” there is research that highlights the benefits of spending time in natural settings for people's well-being, mental health and sense of purpose.

Some experts oppose feeding wild birds for multiple important reasons, including:
“These impacts occur everywhere wild birds are fed and are potentially serious, On the other hand, engaging with wild birds in this way is now recognized as one of the most effective ways people can connect with nature, which has become increasingly difficult because more people worldwide live in large cituse

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back