Bird feeding

For those who feed pigeons: I wonder why there's a disproportionate affection to pigeons. I see large amount of grain pulses thrown around at many places where only pigeons flock together and make merry. They're one of the messiest creatures on the planet. I landed at my friend's place which will be my home for sometime.
This is the sight outside my bedroom window:
View attachment 61479
I'm waiting for these juveniles to take to their feathers to get the mess cleared and seal it with mesh:
If you've seen the kabutar khana all around mumbai particularly sobo you'll know what a horrible mess these birds make. They'll be perched on wires above and what not. One cannot walk below for fear of pigeon blessings from above. Everytime i pass by i have to roll up the windows. They are very aggressive birds not to mention the danger posed by their droppings.

Read about a honey buzzard fitted with a GPS tracking system some time back... not sure if this is the same article updated.

This year, we have Red-vented bulbul building a nest .
2 3 chicks were born couple of weeks back and couple of them took their flight today.
DSC099231.jpg

On the right is the one taking flight , assisted by mother/father on the left.

DSC099211.jpg

Peeping thru couple of days back on the balcony

DSC099121.jpg

I was still under the impression , they were only 2, so had to check, and this was todays surprise - took the snap, ( flash kicked in - sorry meant no harm).

DSC099281.jpg

Anxiously waiting now - who makes the home next year!

Last edited:
We take over their habitats and then call them a nuisance. I don't have birds at home, but with 3 aquariums, I am absolutely enjoying a bit of nature in my living space.

Before someone opines that it's not nature to keep fish in a confined space like an aquarium, my aquariums are quite big and they mimic nature to the best of my abilities.

It has been a fantastic learning process for my son. Building an ecosystem in a confined space is a challenge and a joy when one gets close to getting it right.

Last edited:
We take over their habitats and then call them a nuisance. I don't have birds at home, but with 3 aquariums, I am absolutely enjoying a bit of nature in my living space.

Before someone opinions that it's not nature to keep fish in a confined space like an aquarium, my aquariums are quite big and they mimic nature to the best of my abilities.

It has been a fantastic learning process for my son. Building an ecosystem in a confined space is a challenge and a joy when one gets close to getting it right.
Pictures please?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back