Bitrate varies during the song

msankadi

Hi I am using tidal through bubbleupnp and streaming it to jriver on my nuc that plays it via hdmi on my avr.

As expected it shows the tidal files having a bitrate of 1411kbps however the actual bitrate varies around 1000 kbps and keeps changing during the song. Is this expected behavior? Please see the image below to see what I am referring to.

tbeupl.jpg

Hi I am using tidal through bubbleupnp and streaming it to jriver on my nuc that plays it via hdmi on my avr.

As expected it shows the tidal files having a bitrate of 1411kbps however the actual bitrate varies around 1000 kbps and keeps changing during the song. Is this expected behavior? Please see the image below to see what I am referring to.

View attachment 63536
Any thoughts please?

flac files are sort of losslessly compressed audio files, the bit rate will vary according to the content of music. just uncompress and convert this flac file to wav, then it will show constant 1411 Kbps.

flac files are sort of losslessly compressed audio files, the bit rate will vary according to the content of music. just uncompress and convert this flac file to wav, then it will show constant 1411 Kbps.
Thank you yes when I use an open home renderer from bubbleupnp it plays via wav at constant 1411kbps..

Am I losing anything when playing via flac?

From the FLAC website:
With FLAC you do not specify a bitrate like with some lossy codecs. It's more like specifying a quality with Vorbis or MPC, except with FLAC the quality is always "lossless" and the resulting bitrate is roughly proportional to the amount of information in the original signal. You cannot control the bitrate much and the result can be from around 100% of the input rate (if you are encoding noise), down to almost 0 (encoding silence).

Edit:-

Last edited:
From the FLAC website:
With FLAC you do not specify a bitrate like with some lossy codecs. It's more like specifying a quality with Vorbis or MPC, except with FLAC the quality is always "lossless" and the resulting bitrate is roughly proportional to the amount of information in the original signal. You cannot control the bitrate much and the result can be from around 100% of the input rate (if you are encoding noise), down to almost 0 (encoding silence).

Edit:-

Thanks a lot very helpful

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back