Black Friday deals for 2012

Shipping is not available to India- for Yamaha 671 @ $299

Tried on www.ishopinternational.com

Item price + local shipping + taxes RS. 17,136.00
Int'l Shipping RS. 7,728.00
Duty, Taxes & fees RS. 5,570.15

TOTAL RS. 30,434.00

Not worth according to me, considering that we need step down transformer also.

Last edited:
All these BF deals are pretty much useless to us folks sitting in India because of:

- high shipping cost
- customs duty
- requirement of 240V/50Hz --> 110V/60Hz step-down x'former

:( :mad: :( :mad:

BF deals are fun only for the enthusiastic locals. I never had the energy to stand on freezing night at 2 a.m. in the queue when in U.S..

But damn, were the laptop deals awesome!!

sent from my SIII using tapatalk

Last edited:

I got 750GB Seagate portable USB 3.0 for $39+tax - $42 a week before BF @ Target.
Got two, gave one away to friend @ this price.

Last edited:
Also I also had the chance to get the Panny 32 inch Best Buy LCD at $189+tax, BF Door Buster.
But did not feel it is worth going through import hassles.

Panasonic 32" Class 3112" Diag. LCD 720p 60Hz HDTV TC-L32C5 - Best Buy
720P 60Hz LCD

Also was trying to get my family member to bring a $78 Walmart TV.

Orion SLED2468W 720p 60Hz LED LCD HDTV
Orion 24" Class LED-LCD (2.28" ultra-slim) 720p 60Hz HDTV, SLED2468W: TV & Video : Walmart.com

It is light and can be carried in Flight.
I was thinking of putting it in Kitchen or Master Bathroom.

HI - placed a order in amazon using Netsafe card of HDFC . There was only one transaction - but two different vendors clubbed together .

It went thru , but after some time i got a mail from Amazon "We're writing to let you know that we are having difficulty processing Visa payment for the above transaction."To protect your security and privacy, your issuing bank cannot provide us with information regarding why your credit card was declined. However, we suggest that you double-check the billing address, expiration date and cardholder name that you entered; if entered incorrectly these will sometimes cause a card to decline. There is no need to place a new order as we will automatically try your credit card again.

Transaction for one vendor went thru while the other did not go thru ...i am assuming its to do with the fact that netsafe card can be used only once . Amazon might be trying to transfer the money from that netsafe card to two different vendors - which will not work.

How does it work in this case ? . Is the money with Amazon OR its still with HDFC - my account status will get updated in three four days . any body with a similar experience ?

Should i wait or if I cancel that order will Amazon refund and the money will come back to my HDFC account ? . I can then place a new order . I dont want the money to go to some Amazon wallet or something which i will then never be able to use

I had similar problem when I got BDP only from single seller. Initially Transaction could be done,but within 24hr amazon asked me to use another card.When I checked with Bank,they told transaction is partially done,but seller has not claimed the money.I got refund after 1 month.Money was in India,but deducted from my account.I used a CC & could get BDp after confirming with amazon.
Some how Amazon doesn't agree with Netcard in many cases I suppose.

thanks Spirovious . Mine is Debit card - Netsafe . One order says ready for Shipping so I guess part of the money has been claimed . I will wait for the refund from HDFC and then place the order again with Amazon . I guess we need to place separate orders for individual vendors in Amazon in future to avoid this .

Did u fw that mail from Amazon to HDFC for refund OR does it happen automatically

I used Kotak Debit card-Netcard. If you want to buy in Black Friday sale,confirm with amazon & place another order.Also contact seller directly(PM),before you buy again.Refund will be automatic,but after 1 month OR depends on HDFC policy.Contact their CC.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back