Black Friday deals for 2012

Urgent help needed:

I have been eyeing this projector for some time and 350 is too good except this time I do not see an option for Google checkout, Paypal wont work and Newegg wont accept Indian cards. I need to order today as 27th is the last day. Can anyone help me out.

One of the good souls from my company is in US and is willing to get me.

Also any other deal that is still live today in electronics that you recommend? I plan to build a NAS/HTPC - so any hardware available in US at 50% of Indian prices? please

Any better projector deals that I can lay my hands on today??

If nothing works out - I will get this from Amazon for 420 dollars. New egg adds sales tax of 24 - so difference is around 50 dollars to Amazon and I have bought tons of stuff from Amazon..never an issue

@350$ acer h5360 is defn vfm. I bought for 420$ + 25m hdmi cable +tax = around $450, It is really good to watch movies (hd content mainly) . But if playing 3d is must for you, you have to spent another 200$ for optoma 3d-xl.

Thanks,
Praveen.
sent from SGS2 skyrocket.

Thanks Praveen,

Eventually I want a NAS/HTPC for data backup and storing media files. I might add the NVidia card then plus a blu ray drive that might be compatible with this projector.

seems like newegg wont go thru..amazon is 420 incl all ..might order it now.

Only for today Bond 50 Bluray set for $99 and if you add more up to $125 then you also get free shipping from Amazon.

This sells for 90 on Aamazon UK and Rs 22500 on Flipkart.

Thanks. Bought it and added few more things to make my order more than $125 to qualify for shipping free. :yahoo:

They already shipped it. (By Aramex, cheaper partner for free shipping?? :lol:)

BTW, It is for $349 on Amazon now.

I got 750GB Seagate portable USB 3.0 for $39+tax - $42 a week before BF @ Target.
Got two, gave one away to friend @ this price.
Thats a killer! Wish you had given the link here , you would won and helped more friends :)Hope this deal is back

Thats a killer! Wish you had given the link here , you would won and helped more friends :)Hope this deal is back

Sorry, this was not online. It was only B&M deal.
That too only two pieces were available at the store, picked up the last.

Realised that I needed only one, my coworker jumped and said he wanted one, so gave it away to him @ $42.5

I always buy in B&M stores. I would negotiate over phone sometimes and ask some one to go and pick it up. Stores have great deals, on clearance items.

You should see my other deal in Oct, I got a Pioneer Receiver at $75+tax.

I also got a Pioneer SP-51 FS pair for $55+tax. Demo piece. Had my sister pick it up. But returned as it was hard to bring it to desh.

See my signature, sourced most of the components in the last 60 days, currently spent 1.25L for everything.
A TV stand, wall panels and HD STB, I should be done. 1.5L is what I allocated myself for my HT setup.

Last edited:
Well, I went to do BF shopping only in the first year that we came. That was more curiosity. After we ended up spending money on the deals that we probably didn't and standing in checkout line for hours, we decided it wasn't worth it. We never went for BF shopping afterwards. The speaker deals I posted above are usually available every month or so.

Good deals will come and go. We need to keep an eye out and be patient. Otherwise it does not take much to turn a great deal into a sore deal. Just my opinion.

Well, I went to do BF shopping only in the first year that we came. That was more curiosity. After we ended up spending money on the deals that we probably didn't and standing in checkout line for hours, we decided it wasn't worth it. We never went for BF shopping afterwards. The speaker deals I posted above are usually available every month or so.

Good deals will come and go. We need to keep an eye out and be patient. Otherwise it does not take much to turn a great deal into a sore deal. Just my opinion.

So true. Most of the time, we buy on impulse without thinking whether we need it or not. The deals are good only if we are already looking for that particular item and there comes a good deal. Otherwise, we are not saving the X% on discount , but actually wasting 100-X of our hard earned money!

Got a 2TB seagate backup plus desktop for 79.99 + tax=87usd) from staples and got it shipped through PPObox of Ishopintl. Net paid Rs.6500/-. NOw retails @117usd at amazon. Guess it is a slight bargain. and the product is registered with seagate.So hope there wont be any warranty problem.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back