Blows ..or.. Bose ..or.. Buy.Other.Sound.Equipment

I hate their products and their unethical practices.

What unethical practices are you taking about huh?? They sell a certain product to a certain catagory of people at a price, perfectly legitimate business if anything it makes great business sense economically plus the important thing here to understand is that IT SELLS ! did it occur to you that people might like them, or you think Dr Amar Bose is playing some magical trick and fooling the whole world and only the audiophiles know the truth.. & ppl like you would help EXPOSE him ( the retard ) and his company.. well Keep trying!

You call your self a audiophile?? which true audiophile says that the chairman of a speaker manufacturer is a retard ? some one who worked his way up made a unique product earned a Ph.D. in electrical engineering from MIT and built the LARGEST SELLING SPEAKER COMPANY IN THE WORLD en you go an and call him a retard..? wow! its cystal clear who's the retard here ..

What knowledge are u talking abt? " be informed " you fell for thier " marketing stratergy " oh really.. so they havent published the specs so you feel cheated..? Hey you didnt like the sound MOVE ON .. buy something u like not read some article and say bass cuts off at 200 hz and the mid range sucks.. The sound is available for much cheaper, and ur relatives still buy BOSE .. dude pause a min and think abt it.. maybe your missing the larger picture here.. You couldnt convince them what will you achieve by wasting ur time here..

And OH not everyone who says something positive about bose systems is a BOSE REP !!! Plz grow up.. & expand your KNOWLEDGE!

Blows definitely has more love on this forum than it does on any other forum.

Certain product, certain market. Even in these certain bracket there are competitors who offer a much better product/speaker and will let you demo their speakers next to others so that you as a customer can have a fair comparison. Why should one not be given that option?

If it sells is all you care about in a business and not the product itself good luck with your practices till people actually realize what you doing.
An engineer should take pride in standing by his product and i dont think Dr.Bose can do that without facing enough debate from other engineers, like the guy in the link found a $1000 system to use the cheapest parts so that as a company this so called genius has a really high profit margin from people's hard earned cash.

I think he is outright fooling a lot of people and it takes a little time and effort to find out the truth and talk about it. If you want to term that as exposing him then thats fine.

If the retard word is getting all of you i might have been a little harsh, but all in all you personally would you buy bose?
My relatives only bought bose cause of the marketing etc. Once they heard my klipsch promedia they understood what exactly i meant.

People who already own bose equipment stay happy i have no complaints but people who are entering the market look around and realize you have much better options.

What unethical practices are you taking about huh?? They sell a certain product to a certain catagory of people at a price, perfectly legitimate business if anything it makes great business sense economically plus the important thing here to understand is that IT SELLS ! did it occur to you that people might like them, or you think Dr Amar Bose is playing some magical trick and fooling the whole world and only the audiophiles know the truth.. & ppl like you would help EXPOSE him ( the retard ) and his company.. well Keep trying!

You call your self a audiophile?? which true audiophile says that the chairman of a speaker manufacturer is a retard ? some one who worked his way up made a unique product earned a Ph.D. in electrical engineering from MIT and built the LARGEST SELLING SPEAKER COMPANY IN THE WORLD en you go an and call him a retard..? wow! its cystal clear who's the retard here ..

What knowledge are u talking abt? " be informed " you fell for thier " marketing stratergy " oh really.. so they havent published the specs so you feel cheated..? Hey you didnt like the sound MOVE ON .. buy something u like not read some article and say bass cuts off at 200 hz and the mid range sucks.. The sound is available for much cheaper, and ur relatives still buy BOSE .. dude pause a min and think abt it.. maybe your missing the larger picture here.. You couldnt convince them what will you achieve by wasting ur time here..

And OH not everyone who says something positive about bose systems is a BOSE REP !!! Plz grow up.. & expand your KNOWLEDGE!

No dogs ears unfortunately although that woudlve increased my investment in speakers to get even more frequencies. I hope you know what subsonic(16hz) bass is supposed to do. Its not supposed to be heard but its supposed to be felt. Felt when the alien mothership flies or transformers robots walks around.

Dr.HSU is also from MIT and holds enough patents. His $1000 subwoofers outperform sub woofers costing twice as much and that shows quality engineering. A person who can stand behind his product.

Dissatisfaction from my set up, i wouldve known about that if i had actually heard it lol. All in forget the set up in my signature even my klipsch Promedias 2.1 beat the crap out of bose sound believe it or not. They cost about $200 for a stereo set up, $450 for 5.1.

Bottomline: Bose is crap, the only good thing i can see is the delusional bragging rights you get, but once you utter that name in front of a person who knows 'a' of audio i bet you would get a different response. No bragging anymore.

I also think people should meet satish on the hifi forum since atleast i'll tell them the outright truth with scientific measurements to support my argument.

I feel good in helping others make informed decisions, you dont want advice go spend your money on bose. Get happy every time you see their ad in a magazine/bill board rather than your house where your actually listening to the product and realizing over time how bad it sounds.
Dont make the big mistake of listening to some other reputed speakers cos then that would just confirm the notion that 'you couldve gotten better for your time and money'
Satish Boy,

So much so for your Bose rep - lemme tell u that i have been enjoyin much more serious high end setups from years (i stress "setups" which means i own a lot of them) than ur signage which only shines n has no substance to it. 16 Hz!!! Did anyone hear about that dog donating his ear??? Oouch!!! So much so for your Bose rep:)

Even I dont like Bose's sound (i will not talk about the science n tech behind it becoz first u dont seem to b a technical guy n second that wud be another topic to discuss on a different thread) because my preferences n purpose is different. But i dont go out and say to a person who already owns one Bose acoustimass n say - wat n idiot u r...u wasted ur money. U r not informed. No knowledge. Didnt u meet Satish on the hifivision forum???

I can make out the dissatisfaction u have from ur own setup which is evident from the knowledge (rather your powerful n informed knowledge about Audio) u have used to stack it up n spend most of ur time here n the forum instead of listening to it....compensating n massaging ur ego + frustation by demeaning successful people n brands which has no relevance to ur agenda n existence.

Sleep tight

If I were a beverage connoisseur, I would detest coco cola too??though B&W rips customers, their gear meets some basic quality criteria although you may find equal or better quality with some smaller brands which give better VFM.

My intention here was to highlight the mark-up every mfr.has some more, some less and others obscene. Bose caters to a niche market and not every one be a audiophile to appreciate music. I sometimes wonder who qualifies as an 'audiophile' - is it self certification?

Satish Boy,

Oooucch!!! I guess i rubbed u on the wrong nerve:p.

From one of your recent qoutes only - "people learn there was a time i had fallen for the marketing". Hmmm....so u admitted submitting into their marketing gimmicks too. Sad for you :mad: Relax Satish Boy...we have learned from all the noise u have made here on the forum that Bose is not good. But who is buying Bose anyway? Bun999??? or me??? or your cousin??? Is it not that we make bad purchases in our lives? Bad TVs....Bad ACs....even Bad audios??? But why still degrade a product like that? May be that mass market piece that landed in ur house had the worst quality rating in the factory tests!!! Aren't their people in world who still owe the same product n enjoy it peacefully?

"Blows definitely has more love on this forum than it does on any other forum"
Its not about Love & Hate boy. Your floundering attempts to mate a minimilist to a discerning audiophile is worth appreciating but not in the way u r doing it.

"even my klipsch Promedias 2.1 beat the crap out of bose sound believe it or not. They cost about $200 for a stereo set up, $450 for 5.1." - Comparision. Ever wonder why companies dont engage in having their representatives standing outside a Bose showroom n divert people by blabbering about their products??? Because Mr. Bose definitely understand this more than anything else that an audiophile would always be pre-informed that a life-like sound cannot be produced by defying laws. One day u discovered HSU n soon u began trashing Bose???

"No dogs ears unfortunately although that woudlve increased my investment in speakers to get even more frequencies. I hope you know what subsonic(16hz) bass is supposed to do. Its not supposed to be heard but its supposed to be felt. Felt when the alien mothership flies or transformers robots walks around." Ever wondered why Steven Spielberg never thought of a subsonic dinosorous fart effect??? Ever wondered why Kharma's ceramic tweeters go upto those supersonic 150Khz??? The answer lies in this but you r so blinded by those flying motherships that you will never understand the concept.

"Dr.HSU is also from MIT and holds enough patents. His $1000 subwoofers outperform sub woofers costing twice as much and that shows quality engineering. A person who can stand behind his product." This is like being in school where one shouts hey i got a Aiwa 5000 watts PMPO n yours a sucking boombox eesshh :eek: You mean to say others have no quality engineering? Mr. Bose dont stand behind his giant? Bryston's 20 year warranty is fake??? Mr. Lord's REL donot have reliable patents that the industry including Dr. HSU himslf follows??? Every company is different. Every product is different. Every design has a different philisophy. Every product is built with different cost objective. And finally - Price to Performance is subjective.

"I think he is outright fooling a lot of people and it takes a little time and effort to find out the truth and talk about it. If you want to term that as exposing him then thats fine." Well to people who do not have confidence in their own knowledge and have this tendency of loosing out to marketing gimmicks - a niche product is born for them. Efforts to find truth about audio is bygone boy. As i said Price~Performance is subjective so if u n i were so concious about cheap parts for our hard earned cash we would look somewhere else. Let those bygones' have it. I would appreciate if you use ur serious attempts in educating people seriously about MUSIC (i stress MUSIC - the coz y we r here) formats (MP3s, MP4s) that kills the industry rather Mr.Bose who does no harm to u n i by selling his product to someone else.

"I also think people should meet satish on the hifi forum since atleast i'll tell them the outright truth with scientific measurements to support my argument." Scientific measurements :eek: So much so for your Yamaha RX-V661 specs - the volume pot has concentrated everthying within that 12'o clock position so that u pride blasting ur MC towers to death. Getting people to believe in that the 16Hz on the paper do deliver those subsonic farts?? So much so for the scientific measurments. Whom are you saving boy???

All said n done - i do admire your honest feeling of saving people who look here n there confused for some honest advice. But that's not the way you do boy. Dont just jump to conclusions from wat people around the world has to say. Use your grey matter for a change.

Take Care

Hi Guys,
I truly thought bose bashing was done with but obviously it isn't.
Am sure there are tons of guys happily using bose products for whatever reason(Convenience/sound/appearance or whatever). If the audiophile in u feels its a disgusting product dont buy it!!! Surely cant call him a Retard, as thats one thing he definately is not.
Have not heard a bose speaker for ages now but i did own a 301 (series II) bookshelf almost 2 decades ago and i did enjoy the sound with a Harman Integrated.
Each and everyone will market their products the best they possibly can so why grudge or ridicule the man!!

Hi Guys,
I truly thought bose bashing was done with but obviously it isn't.
Am sure there are tons of guys happily using bose products for whatever reason(Convenience/sound/appearance or whatever). If the audiophile in u feels its a disgusting product dont buy it!!! Surely cant call him a Retard, as thats one thing he definately is not.
Have not heard a bose speaker for ages now but i did own a 301 (series II) bookshelf almost 2 decades ago and i did enjoy the sound with a Harman Integrated.
Each and everyone will market their products the best they possibly can so why grudge or ridicule the man!!
And let those be the final wise words on the subject-no point getting nasty with each other over a product...

No amen i plan to make this thread the longest one on this forum lol .
So that at least people like me care for their moneys worth and want to pursue truth in audio before buying can browse through the different opinions and views.

Hi All,
After reading contradictory views I also thought of writing few words as I am user of Bose products in my early years as an audiophile. Bose speakers I have used are AM-5 (or AM-6), Bose 10.2 (another range ) and Bose 901.
I don't think Bose claims they are competing in High End audio market.
It all depends on what exposure one has in music listening when he buys a Bose product.
I was very happy with AM-5 and 10.2 which I used for many years around 1990--1993. I was not so happy with 901 which Bose claimed to be their flagship. Since than I have used many better speakers and my level of enjoying and critically listening music have been changing constantly.
Now i will not buy Bose speakers or Bose music system.
But I may buy one for my computer (a cute looking model/package for computers I just saw in Bose showroom)

But still when I visit a Bose showroom, I am not disappointed as they present and demonstrate a complete package for HOME THEATRE, Computers and music listening . There definitely are better and much better systems but still Bose is able to sell and sell very well. We can't call these customers fools or lack of audiophile knowledge.
MUSIC LIKE ANY OTHER ART IS A SUBJECTIVE MATTER. What I like may not be liked by others.

Customers buy Bose as a COMPLETE COMPACT PACKAGE and they are happy. NOT ALL MUSIC LOVERS ARE CRITICAL LISTNERS or want REL or WILSON BENCH SUB WOOFERS for their home theatre.
Bose solves the problem of system matching, cable matching, source matching. etc. etc. Definitely there marketing is top class and who ever visits a Bose showroom in impressed by their presentation.
On top of this Dr.Amar Bose is an INDIAN manufacturer who is well respected and represented in many countries around the world and every one knows BOSE name like Macintosh, Marantz , JBL etc.
To summarise I will say we must appreciate Bose's contribution to music and home theatre listening.
When I started my career I was very Happy with a scooter, than with a second hand car after a few years. And now I may not get same amount of happiness using a Toyota or Honda compared to earlier years.
I hope I have been able to convey my feelings about Bose.
Thanks for your patience.
Audiodelic please don't mind my comments as I beg to differ just a little bit subjectively.
SKR

How many buyers are tech savvy like you to trawl thru' internet to find best buy? For them (high street buyers) Bose is high in their pick list and will remain the same until another company beats Bose with advertisement & marketing.

So that at least people like me care for their moneys worth and want to pursue truth in audio before buying can browse through the different opinions and views.

yes i admit i was caught into bose marketing, which is why i learnt through my own mistakes and i wouldnt want others to make the same.

There are enough noobs on the internet looking for audio advice, they probably will come across this forum and will find this thread if they search 'bose'. Its not about you or bun999. If you made a bad purchase learn form your mistake rather than come bash my equipment when i admit that i learnt from my mistake of buying bose at one point of time.

This thread is not for people who own bose and enjoy it, it is for people who are going out there to buy somthing in the price range and are looking for neutral opinion a.k.a the link(evidence) a.k.a the truth.

what do you mean by someone will stand outside the bose showroom that sentence itself doesnt make sense.
P.S :- I bashed bose much much before i discovered HSU(lol) and the reason is cos they SUCK. Pipe organ music has enough subsonic bass that needs to reproduced accurately oh wait a minute aren't we talking about the BOSE sub nevermind .... lol.
If HSU sucked they wouldve been bashed, thats the way it works.By talking about bryston, REL your not doing much just diverting the topic.

HSU 'subsonic farts' you term it as. I believe a bose cubes subwoofer will make better farts with even 25hz material that is if it plays that low in the first place with some authority.

What about RX-V661, pls elaborate.
I guess you dont like my equipment thats alrite, i probably will love yours if you dont own any 'Blows'. Ouchhhh ... ... does it hurt?

Lets make it simple, If you can disprove these claims pls bother to reply( i would be rather interested to know):
As a product :-
The sound sucks.
The Bass is highly localized.
Mid range i dont even want to start on.
Competitors offer better systems even in a cheaper price range that would kill those blows in every way.

As a company :-
They dont publish specs. Every industry goes by a standard as to how relevant or not is debatable but specs tell you enough.

They will never let you demo their speakers next to other speakers since then they wouldn't sell a single unit probably.

They will make you sit in this room and manipulate you into believing the sound is the best in the world. You go home to find out the system now doesn't sound anywhere as close as good. You have buyers remorse but you re console yourself thinking "oh its a bose there is nothing better". Who are you fooling yourself, your ears?

Satish Boy,

Oooucch!!! I guess i rubbed u on the wrong nerve:p.

From one of your recent qoutes only - "people learn there was a time i had fallen for the marketing". Hmmm....so u admitted submitting into their marketing gimmicks too. Sad for you :mad: Relax Satish Boy...we have learned from all the noise u have made here on the forum that Bose is not good. But who is buying Bose anyway? Bun999??? or me??? or your cousin??? Is it not that we make bad purchases in our lives? Bad TVs....Bad ACs....even Bad audios??? But why still degrade a product like that? May be that mass market piece that landed in ur house had the worst quality rating in the factory tests!!! Aren't their people in world who still owe the same product n enjoy it peacefully?

"Blows definitely has more love on this forum than it does on any other forum"
Its not about Love & Hate boy. Your floundering attempts to mate a minimilist to a discerning audiophile is worth appreciating but not in the way u r doing it.

"even my klipsch Promedias 2.1 beat the crap out of bose sound believe it or not. They cost about $200 for a stereo set up, $450 for 5.1." - Comparision. Ever wonder why companies dont engage in having their representatives standing outside a Bose showroom n divert people by blabbering about their products??? Because Mr. Bose definitely understand this more than anything else that an audiophile would always be pre-informed that a life-like sound cannot be produced by defying laws. One day u discovered HSU n soon u began trashing Bose???

"No dogs ears unfortunately although that woudlve increased my investment in speakers to get even more frequencies. I hope you know what subsonic(16hz) bass is supposed to do. Its not supposed to be heard but its supposed to be felt. Felt when the alien mothership flies or transformers robots walks around." Ever wondered why Steven Spielberg never thought of a subsonic dinosorous fart effect??? Ever wondered why Kharma's ceramic tweeters go upto those supersonic 150Khz??? The answer lies in this but you r so blinded by those flying motherships that you will never understand the concept.

"Dr.HSU is also from MIT and holds enough patents. His $1000 subwoofers outperform sub woofers costing twice as much and that shows quality engineering. A person who can stand behind his product." This is like being in school where one shouts hey i got a Aiwa 5000 watts PMPO n yours a sucking boombox eesshh :eek: You mean to say others have no quality engineering? Mr. Bose dont stand behind his giant? Bryston's 20 year warranty is fake??? Mr. Lord's REL donot have reliable patents that the industry including Dr. HSU himslf follows??? Every company is different. Every product is different. Every design has a different philisophy. Every product is built with different cost objective. And finally - Price to Performance is subjective.

"I think he is outright fooling a lot of people and it takes a little time and effort to find out the truth and talk about it. If you want to term that as exposing him then thats fine." Well to people who do not have confidence in their own knowledge and have this tendency of loosing out to marketing gimmicks - a niche product is born for them. Efforts to find truth about audio is bygone boy. As i said Price~Performance is subjective so if u n i were so concious about cheap parts for our hard earned cash we would look somewhere else. Let those bygones' have it. I would appreciate if you use ur serious attempts in educating people seriously about MUSIC (i stress MUSIC - the coz y we r here) formats (MP3s, MP4s) that kills the industry rather Mr.Bose who does no harm to u n i by selling his product to someone else.

"I also think people should meet satish on the hifi forum since atleast i'll tell them the outright truth with scientific measurements to support my argument." Scientific measurements :eek: So much so for your Yamaha RX-V661 specs - the volume pot has concentrated everthying within that 12'o clock position so that u pride blasting ur MC towers to death. Getting people to believe in that the 16Hz on the paper do deliver those subsonic farts?? So much so for the scientific measurments. Whom are you saving boy???

All said n done - i do admire your honest feeling of saving people who look here n there confused for some honest advice. But that's not the way you do boy. Dont just jump to conclusions from wat people around the world has to say. Use your grey matter for a change.

Take Care

Last edited:
Satish Boy,

Grow Up!!!

How is your dog Monte doing? (shouldn't have deleted the line - let others also know about ur dog's name - Monte:) nice name is it not?)

Are you familiar with the terms Embarrassment & Damage Control? They go hand in glove.

Tell all of us what were you thinking when you had bought ur first Bose SomeMass purchase???

Wasn't there that moment of gleaming high self esteem when u walked out of the showroom with ur heads up? The guard at the door saluting n giving u that sense of "m a rich high society NERD who now proudly owns a Bose"?? Wasn't there that moment when u showed it off to ur innocent neighbours & relatives n walked them thru that OMG days - u bought a Bose??? Wasn't there that moment when u destroyed ur frnds conversing about their sony philips aiwa by saying man i bought Bose last evening??? Wasn't there that moment when u thought u finally had the final audio solution at home??? How can you forget those orgasmic moments of ur life??? - All thanks to Bose!!!

Tell all of us, what were you thinking when u had zeroed on it??? The babes at the showroom r nice, they have CDs for all those music(crap) i listen to, n PMPO n equip specs were things of the past - welcome to the world of High End audio - ur first BOSE :p Ooouucchh!!!

The Embarrassment - Everyone from family members to neighbours to frnds ask u this one question now - Hey wat happend to ur Bose?? That was so cool. You only said it was so good in the first place. You spent so much money n time on it. Suddenly wat happend?? N wat is all this HSU n RBH??? We've never heard of this crap. Bose was nice n small.

Saving Grace (Damage control)

yes i admit i was caught into bose marketing, which is why i learnt through my own mistakes and i wouldnt want others to make the same.

Admittance to save grace. Keep trying boy.

Nobody who visits this forum is a jackass like u. He is neither interested in Bose nor in ur freakin thread. Did u visit anyone of these before? No. Instead, u later landed in America where a skinny must have told u that "hahaha a Bose blows" n thats when u stacked up all that seconds crap from Yamaha to RBH to HSU at ur home. Wat happens in America has to happen here boy.

There are enough noobs on the internet looking for audio advice, they probably will come across this forum and will find this thread if they search 'bose'. Its not about you or bun999. If you made a bad purchase learn form your mistake rather than come bash my equipment when i admit that i learnt from my mistake of buying bose at one point of time.

Audio advice on Bose from Satish - i repeat "nobody looks for Bose on the forums". U should definitely learn from ur mistakes, but dont cry like a baby hurt of not getting chocolates all the time. Well we have no intentions of bashing ur equipment because you already own it now and we dont want to see another thread on "Dr. HSU is a retard". Give us a break boy.

This thread is not for people who own bose and enjoy it, it is for people who are going out there to buy somthing in the price range and are looking for neutral opinion a.k.a the link(evidence) a.k.a the truth.

Neutral opinion??? :eek: But didnt u already bias ur self by saying my HSU gives double bass oops Farts than those costing twice. Basis of ur ears ~ scientific measurements? Bullcrap!!!

what do you mean by someone will stand outside the bose showroom that sentence itself doesnt make sense.

Well to you - nothing has ever made sense boy. Thts y u need to grow up.

P.S :- I bashed bose much much before i discovered HSU(lol) and the reason is cos they SUCK. Pipe organ music has enough subsonic bass that needs to reproduced accurately oh wait a minute aren't we talking about the BOSE sub nevermind .... lol.

People jump to conclusions when they r confused & they succumb to infuences. But wasnt it sucking at the showroom? Or u hired a destitution pimp to get one of those sales babes do the suck? Well the pipe organ music definitely gave some subsonic bass to u then :p ur LoL proves another saving grace act.

If HSU sucked they wouldve been bashed, thats the way it works.By talking about bryston, REL your not doing much just diverting the topic.

Relax boy - we never targeted your HSU. Y r u draging it everytime in the conversation. If you r not happy with it then thats okay boy. Get rid of it. Didnt we talk about people making bad purchases. We know u r learning from that.

HSU 'subsonic farts' you term it as. I believe a bose cubes subwoofer will make better farts with even 25hz material that is if it plays that low in the first place with some authority.

Boy u r so hurt with ur Bose subsonic suck that u have ripped it into frequencies even Mr. Bose himself never thought of. If u were reading those posts conciously then u wud realize that we r not talking about what a Bose cube does n wat it has n wat it does not. Got any idea yet?

What about RX-V661, pls elaborate.

Well so much so for your Bose Blows thingy - Yamaha is one of their demo standard AVRs. Do i need say more?

I guess you dont like my equipment thats alrite, i probably will love yours if you dont own any 'Blows'. Ouchhhh ... ... does it hurt?

From my previous post - "i have been enjoyin much more serious high end setups from years" - if only u could read properly. Definitely its never a Bose. Oucchh!!! There's nothing like i dont like or love ur equip. Its subjective.

Lets make it simple, If you can disprove these claims pls bother to reply( i would be rather interested to know):

As a product :- Its asthetically good in appearance, small, convenient to use, has a high degree of WAF, high brand value & very good for people like u who like to show off.

The sound sucks. - For its purpose & tarket audience - No.

The Bass is highly localized. - Obviously thats because of small drivers but thats not the intent behind the design.

Mid range i dont even want to start on. - Did u know mid-range when u bought ur first Bose? Whom are you comparing it with?

Competitors offer better systems even in a cheaper price range that would kill those blows in every way.

Could be. Better systems, cheaper price, value for money is all subjective boy. Did u carry out a one-on-one of a Boss~Onkyo~Nakamichi~Yamaha~Sonodyne ever?

As a company :-
They dont publish specs. Every industry goes by a standard as to how relevant or not is debatable but specs tell you enough.

As a company Bose has a very high brand value. If only u knew something about branding u wouldnt ask this. So what if they dont publish specs? Which industry you talking about? Lifestyle systems?

They will never let you demo their speakers next to other speakers since then they wouldn't sell a single unit probably.

Thats their prerogative. Thats how a lifestyle system is sold boy even in ur favorite country - America

They will make you sit in this room and manipulate you into believing the sound is the best in the world. You go home to find out the system now doesn't sound anywhere as close as good. You have buyers remorse but you re console yourself thinking "oh its a bose there is nothing better". Who are you fooling yourself, your ears?

Hmmm. Dont u have sales people knocking ur door in the noon convincing u on the best detergent ever made? N when u put ur favorite tommy for a wash u see that even the color along with dirt got soaked. Thats becoz of a decision taken in haste. But then the people are only doing their job at best.You got it all wrong boy. Its niether the fault of sellers' nor the manufacturers. If only you could look beyond those flying motherships n subsonic pipe organ sucks u wud knw.

Stay Charmed

are we diverting the topic to unhealthy discussion? It's moderator time now, IMHO! The least, we are off-topic here

I think this is too much argument because a boy discovered his RBH towers and Yammy AVR sound far better than the bose he owned:D

Take it easy :)

I think if Bose advertises his products as ??cute and convenient ?? instead of ??better sound through research? he would not get the goat of many who search for better sound;)

Well said diehardmonte.. no one could have put it better.. i also agree with SKR & the host of other people who have posted on this thread, people here have tried time and again to explain to Mr HSU here that " Sound is Subjective " different people have different perceptions of sound, many of them have typed in BOLD letters " MUSIC LIKE ANY OTHER ART IS A SUBJECTIVE MATTER " either you dont understand it or your too stuck up with your scientific explainations and all this frequencies theory that you read in some article somewhere. Why not give us some REAL scientific reasoning here..instead of " the sound sucks ". if we have to take audio advice from satish the guy from the forum you have got to back ur claims ..
your running outta gas my friend and ppl are getting sick of this thread..

Die hards given u an point to point explaination repeatedly why BOSE sells, instead of trying to argue on the same lines and try and make this threaad the longest in the forum please tell us about your experience of the first BOSE purchase.. we would like to know what made you buy it and when exactly did the honeymoon end and turned into this hate towards the company and the man himself..

By the way Bose does recommend Yamaha Amp's for thier Accoustimass.
I had a Yamaha Paired with AM 10's worked beautifully like they are made for each other..

This thread is sure getting better by the post. Keep it up guys, atleast now there is some action on the forum. Lets all take it in stride and enjoy ourselves weather its Balls, Bose or god knows what.:D

Well said diehardmonte.. no one could have put it better.. i also agree with SKR & the host of other people who have posted on this thread, people here have tried time and again to explain to Mr HSU here that " Sound is Subjective " different people have different perceptions of sound, many of them have typed in BOLD letters " MUSIC LIKE ANY OTHER ART IS A SUBJECTIVE MATTER " either you dont understand it or your too stuck up with your scientific explainations and all this frequencies theory that you read in some article somewhere. Why not give us some REAL scientific reasoning here..instead of " the sound sucks ". if we have to take audio advice from satish the guy from the forum you have got to back ur claims ..
your running outta gas my friend and ppl are getting sick of this thread..

Die hards given u an point to point explaination repeatedly why BOSE sells, instead of trying to argue on the same lines and try and make this threaad the longest in the forum please tell us about your experience of the first BOSE purchase.. we would like to know what made you buy it and when exactly did the honeymoon end and turned into this hate towards the company and the man himself..

By the way Bose does recommend Yamaha Amp's for thier Accoustimass.
I had a Yamaha Paired with AM 10's worked beautifully like they are made for each other..

Some eight years ago, I bought a pair of Bose 601??s.
Reason for buying : I bought into the marketing hype.
I loved it because it sounded better than the pioneer speaker it replaced.
Reason for selling : One year later I made friends with a studio engineer. Started hanging around in his studio and learned what natural sound is. I suddenly realized what a pile shit I had bought for the price I paid. I sold it to the next sucker and bought myself a used Polk speaker which sounded far better. It is one of older polks. I sold that too after sometime?But notice that I don??t hate polk. They do a decent job.
I have a cousin who bought an 2 channel acoustimass. I made him listen to a pair of decent bookshelf speakers from monitor audio setup on a pair of nice stands. He almost cried . He now owns them. Sold the AM shit to the next sucker who came along.

Btw: Bose is easy to sell. What marketing. Hats off to the great man.

Have you ever noticed that the only brand which is bashed on audio forums is Bose ? Why ? The answer is quite obvious. Think about it ! Why do we not Bash b@w or Avalon ? Both have outrageously priced loudspeakers.

Let me reiterate here that I do not have anything against the man. He is a genius of the past. He has enough inventions and patents to qualify as a genius. He is a brilliant marketing genius too. Good for him. But let us not forget that the audio world has moved on. His stuff was good decades back. Others have proceeded to make much better products than what Dr Bose designed couple of decades back. Nowadays even cheap Chinese manufacturers make much better gear than what he has ever made. You can actually DIY a much better speaker yourself.

I am talking only about sound here. This is an audio forum. So there is no point in talking about higher philosophies and brilliant marketing techniques here. We can reserve such discussions to a ?? marketing and advertising forum ??.

Last edited:
This thread is sure getting better by the post. Keep it up guys, atleast now there is some action on the forum. Lets all take it in stride and enjoy ourselves weather its Balls, Bose or god knows what.:D

Every forum has one of those dreaded threads ... with outright bashings, i bet this is going to be the nominated one for this forum.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back