Blows ..or.. Bose ..or.. Buy.Other.Sound.Equipment

Monte:

Bose is using yamaha as their receiver ok but how does that affect anything its like saying. "Use bose speakers with classe pre-amps and mcintosh amps." Irrespective the sounds would still suck cos the speakers suck. Who cares about the where and by what the processing is done ?:rolleyes:

I study business and we've been taught time and over again. A company sells a well designed product irrespective of brand name. Ethical companies make money through revolutionary products and then establish it as a brand after years of R&D.
There are company's who rely on their product performance first and then marketing which is ethical.

There are other companies who use marketing as a gimmick to fool people into believing the hype, brand value,high price etc. which justifies their purchase and that is BOSE for you.

As i see it:
Bose can be divided into two
Marketing:-(they market well but a hopeless product)
where most of the factors you term come in:-
High WAF(give her some dog ears then probably she'll be able to tell the difference)
Brand Value(Again purely marketing oriented, more money buys you more notion is not always true)

product:-
Sound sucks ( sound might be subjective but if you take majority opinions by comparing it to a similarly priced system in the same price range. you well know the results)
So i think even subjectively majority would prefers others over bose solely for mid range performance since our human ears are sensitive enough in that range.

Localized Bass:-
It is highly localized (although that maybe because of small drivers) it proves to me he could not make decent enough design in my book.

Again im not saying HSU is any better, but just giving you an example. Your all most welcome to bash it ill have counterpoints.

Even HSU has a sub/sat system. Now they have done something smart to deal with the localized bass problem. Even their sat speakers only go down to a particular frequency. They have cleverly designed their center channel in such a way that it disperses bass from that point of the freq. spectrum to 120hz accurately. After which the monster sub woofer takes over giving the audience atleast decent enough reprooduction of the entire frequency response without localized bass.

In a bose system everytime you hear some super deep bass effects you see yourself staring at the subwoofer with its cuffing noises. A subwoofer is supposed to be well integrated with a system your not supposed to be able to tell where just the bass is coming from.

And btw i hate the u.s.a, It is their capitalistic structure because of which bose even achieved this much success by making itself a so called brand name taking end users hard earned cash for $100 worth of shit components in return.
A brand name that stands for marketing, waf but not performance, legacy or anything else. To me Bose is a genius just cos he ripped people off and fooled them nicely not because of innovations, product performance etc.

End of the day. When you take a sound system home you take to listen to it not think about all the boards you saw with a bose advertisement on your way back home.
Marketing, hype, high price matters till the customer buys the product after that for years together realistically only the performance of that product matters. Do your 'ears' a favor take my advice....

Last edited:
Btw 800 views already atleast people can look at each perspective and decide for themselves what matters to them.

Boys,:eek:

Audiodelic a.k.a Satish is an oxymoron. He paraded one innocent man from being a Retard to a Genius in flat 2 days. His HSU sub that farted better than those costing twice 2 days back now isn't better than his original love - Bose. You decide when u have to take an advice from such jokers on the forum.

Satish Boy - you are finished. Saying "i want to make this as the largest thread on the forum" was nothing else but ur final attempt at saving ur dead grace.

Boys - Leave the boy alone with his thread & let Dr. HSU give him some 16Hz pipe organ sucks in peace.

Goodbye ;)

are we diverting the topic to unhealthy discussion? It's moderator time now, IMHO! The least, we are off-topic here

Second that Sunil.

This has become one of those topics that makes you detest for commenting in the first place. Thoughly disgusted with some recent posts. Out of here for good.

Last edited:
And you in 2 days diverted the topic from talking about Bose products to outright bashing HSU ..... Probably cos its much harder to talk about a product like bose except for its marketing gimmmicks and so called brand value.
Atleast HSU is based on performance.Not on marketing, brand which certainly yield you no benefits when your realistically listening to your favorite album in your home trying to reproduce it as accurately as possible
Goodbye...

Boys,:eek:

Audiodelic a.k.a Satish is an oxymoron. He paraded one innocent man from being a Retard to a Genius in flat 2 days. His HSU sub that farted better than those costing twice 2 days back now isn't better than his original love - Bose. You decide when u have to take an advice from such jokers on the forum.

Satish Boy - you are finished. Saying "i want to make this as the largest thread on the forum" was nothing else but ur final attempt at saving ur dead grace.

Boys - Leave the boy alone with his thread & let Dr. HSU give him some 16Hz pipe organ sucks in peace.

Goodbye ;)

Last edited:
I study business and we've been taught time and over again. A company sells a well designed product irrespective of brand name. Ethical companies make money through revolutionary products and then establish it as a brand after years of R&D.
There are company's who rely on their product performance first and then marketing which is ethical.
There are other companies who use marketing as a gimmick to fool people into believing the hype, brand value,high price etc. which justifies their purchase and that is BOSE for you.

BOSE has many revolutionary designs, very well designed products, products in many catagories in the highly competive sound industry, brilliantly marketed the list can go on, or they wouldnt have survived in this business for so long.. They def rely on thier products then do the marketing which is perfectly ethical.. every company has the right to do so!

Localised bass/marketing/fooling all the people in the world/Bose patatents/sound sucks/compare them to similarly priced systems.. whatever ! These are all your issues with them, i am glad that you have sold on the system and bought something which you like, it may reach super-sonic/sub-sonic levels or the bang for your buck value which you were after..

In two days you went from callin Amar BOSE a fricken retard to a Marketing Genius ..

ur earlier claims of HSU as the best sub out there suddenly becomes " i'm not saying HSU is any beter.."
Even HSU is paying BOSE for using the bent ported design patented under BoseSubwoofer Patent.

Your unreliable source of being a dissatisfied BOSE customer does not Qualify you to become an advisory on this forum ( all you care abt is how long your thread is ) as to why WE should stay away from BOSE cuz u discovered an article on the web..& the sound sucked according to you..

Dunno whose taking advice from satish here cuz you yourself are confused and not clear on as to whats good and what isnt plus sound IS subjective & the numbers speak for themselves..

Bose RULES!!

Amar Bose Amar rahe..! Made india proud!

Moderator lock this thread!

Check out the BOSE CAR SUSPENSION : YouTube - Suspension BOSE

If you see the first topic, I called him the r word for his products not marketing.
If you read the second line in that post.It stated that if he had a designed a somewhat better products and still used all his marketing tricks & gimmicks he would've made a reputation among audiophiles apart from the money.

The sentence "I'm not saying HSU is any better part" was since i was comparing the bose cubes to HSU VTF-1 sub/sat system speakers and i wrote in detail how HSU dealt with the localized bass issue. HSU is much better than bose in sub woofers they're in a different league.

Money everyone makes hook or by crook. Reputation among your industry you need to build one.

P.S - The number do speak for themselves as you stated. Simply not the marketing numbers but the measurements the guy took tell you in detail what bose sound is all about. I bet audiophiles, end users,anyone including someone who already owns bose will feel ripped off for buying a bose product after looking at those measurements.

BOSE has many revolutionary designs, very well designed products, products in many catagories in the highly competive sound industry, brilliantly marketed the list can go on, or they wouldnt have survived in this business for so long.. They def rely on thier products then do the marketing which is perfectly ethical.. every company has the right to do so!

Localised bass/marketing/fooling all the people in the world/Bose patatents/sound sucks/compare them to similarly priced systems.. whatever ! These are all your issues with them, i am glad that you have sold on the system and bought something which you like, it may reach super-sonic/sub-sonic levels or the bang for your buck value which you were after..

In two days you went from callin Amar BOSE a fricken retard to a Marketing Genius ..

ur earlier claims of HSU as the best sub out there suddenly becomes " i'm not saying HSU is any beter.."
Even HSU is paying BOSE for using the bent ported design patented under BoseSubwoofer Patent.

Your unreliable source of being a dissatisfied BOSE customer does not Qualify you to become an advisory on this forum ( all you care abt is how long your thread is ) as to why WE should stay away from BOSE cuz u discovered an article on the web..& the sound sucked according to you..

Dunno whose taking advice from satish here cuz you yourself are confused and not clear on as to whats good and what isnt plus sound IS subjective & the numbers speak for themselves..

Bose RULES!!

Amar Bose Amar rahe..! Made india proud!

Moderator lock this thread!

Check out the BOSE CAR SUSPENSION : YouTube - Suspension BOSE

Last edited:
Great. Looks like this thread saved me a lot of money:D
I was planning on a bose home theatre system to go with my Marantz AVR.
Do you get this HSU subwoofers and satellites in India ? Is there any other brand I should be looking at which could give me better overall performance at 70 percent of the cost ?

Thanks folks.

Great. Looks like this thread saved me a lot of money:D
I was planning on a bose home theatre system to go with my Marantz AVR.
Do you get this HSU subwoofers and satellites in India ? Is there any other brand I should be looking at which could give me better overall performance at 70 percent of the cost ?

Thanks folks.

This is exactly what i'm talking about there are enough people in india who do a google search to check out the ballpark of whats available. If someone comes across this thread when they search, they read it and take their own decision.
I consider my job done as soon see a post such as yours neutral.

HSU availability in India im not too sure if they even ship international.
HSU Research
I suggest you start a separate new thread in the speakers sections. Specify your room size, budget, whether its going to be used for music or home theater the ratio. There are lot of informed members here who are based in India they would suggest you much better options than bose in your price range.

Thanks audiodelic. Will check with the guys at HSU. Will post on the speaker section if I need more advice :)

I think Hsu does ship international.. had enquired it once a couple of years ago. but if you can try out the SVS cylinders. i personally found them on of the best subs for HT ! but import is not easy...

actually if you are looking at pure perormance/price. bose should not be on your list.
Deftech (Definitive Loudspeakers) have a fantastic range of HT systems and i believe they are well represented in India. could be worth checking out.

I think Hsu does ship international.. had enquired it once a couple of years ago. but if you can try out the SVS cylinders. i personally found them on of the best subs for HT ! but import is not easy...

actually if you are looking at pure perormance/price. bose should not be on your list.
Deftech (Definitive Loudspeakers) have a fantastic range of HT systems and i believe they are well represented in India. could be worth checking out.

Is SVS available in India ? What are the prices like ?
The PB13 Ultra, SVS Cylinders are bad ass monsters but apart from that have a look at this thread. Not everyone likes the look of the a cylinder though, if not mistaken i think even HSU has a cylindrical sub. :-
Official Craigsub rankings thread - AVS Forum

Some said the HSU subs are by a very slight margin more musical but i think they're both in the same league both these companies offer great products for good prices.

Hsu is pure VFM but is a smaller scale company while SVS is pure performance and dedicated to subs for every occassion. Not sure of who is better, but i would lean towards SVS.. Not sure if they have restarted it but HSUs did stop the cylindrical models quite a few years back. I could be wrong

SVS has a direct ship option..but if you are looking at pure stereo Vandersteen 2Qs are the wsy to go.. Martin Logans are also very very good and so are MJ acoustics. RELs seem to have "fallen" since Sir Richard Lord sold the company.

particleman. Ditto ! nice to see you too ;)

Last edited:
Updated craigsub ranking is in post 8 of the thread, where you can see there is nothing much to compete with SVS PB13, Yes it's a monster and not everyones taste / appeal Other half.

I own (ed) almost every SVS sub ranging from tiny SB12+ to monster PB13. SVS never let me down and always get the wow factor from visitors (I've movie@suniil's house once in every 2 months from various european forum members / office colleagues). I'm yet to hear any sub that performs equivalent to PB13 barring DIY IB sub [8 x 15 inch IB drivers powered by Behringer EP2500 amp]. I've been in touch with Ron regarding shipping the product to Chennai, but due to Customs clearance and other hurdles i just dropped the Idea.

Yes SVS ship to countries where they don't have any dealers, but the costs will be expensive compares to US prices due to CE certification & 230v power unit. Still competitive compares to JL Audio Fathom 113 [custom made power supply]

SVS has a direct ship option..but if you are looking at pure stereo Vandersteen 2Qs are the wsy to go.. Martin Logans are also very very good and so are MJ acoustics. RELs seem to have "fallen" since Sir Richard Lord sold the company.

Last edited:
As a company :-
They dont publish specs. Every industry goes by a standard as to how relevant or not is debatable but specs tell you enough.

hey i dont want to get into this whole Bose thingy discussion as i believe the brand is misplaced in an audiophile forum...it is just no meant to be considered that way !
Should an audiophile/sound quality buy Bose...Never..he will vent out his anger in unpredictable ways ;)

Should the rest of the 99% of the population buy Bose ?: not sure..but then they just might just not care !

But regarding specs..they really really mean nothing. 2 speakers with 40z low frequency can be opposite in terms of Bass. with onbe sounding thin and lifeless and another sounding full and booming (Both not good !)
while another rated down to 50Hz can just sound great.

youd be surprised as to how much crap can be hidden in specs!! and buying by specs is worse than buying ..well..Bose:D:D

but please grant amar bose his place in the sun. the guy os Bright (MIT for gods sake) he has done a lot more than this audio system and there are many audio brands which pay him royalty for that !!!

just because one ended up buying something he never wanted ..the guy is not completely to be blamed.. there are cola drinks promoting bravery, beer promoting heroism etc etc. and this is not about the US that is how the world is ! (I mean there are ice creams promoting Sex Appeal !!!! :confused:)

The Nominal Impedance and Sensitivity ratings tell you what kind of an amplifier you need.
Just that everyone else in the industry issues specs why Bose doesn't just looks skeptical. But i know specs dont tell you enough.

We'll give it to him for the patents he had timing and there weren't many companies in those days.

hey i dont want to get into this whole Bose thingy discussion as i believe the brand is misplaced in an audiophile forum...it is just no meant to be considered that way !
Should an audiophile/sound quality buy Bose...Never..he will vent out his anger in unpredictable ways ;)

Should the rest of the 99% of the population buy Bose ?: not sure..but then they just might just not care !

But regarding specs..they really really mean nothing. 2 speakers with 40z low frequency can be opposite in terms of Bass. with onbe sounding thin and lifeless and another sounding full and booming (Both not good !)
while another rated down to 50Hz can just sound great.

youd be surprised as to how much crap can be hidden in specs!! and buying by specs is worse than buying ..well..Bose:D:D

but please grant amar bose his place in the sun. the guy os Bright (MIT for gods sake) he has done a lot more than this audio system and there are many audio brands which pay him royalty for that !!!

just because one ended up buying something he never wanted ..the guy is not completely to be blamed.. there are cola drinks promoting bravery, beer promoting heroism etc etc. and this is not about the US that is how the world is ! (I mean there are ice creams promoting Sex Appeal !!!! :confused:)

The Nominal Impedance and Sensitivity ratings tell you what kind of an amplifier you need.
Just that everyone else in the industry issues specs why Bose doesn't just looks skeptical. But i know specs dont tell you enough.

Nominal impedance tells you squat about amplifier rating and sensitivity means nothing

do you really think that every 90 db 8 ohm speakers need the same power ? it could mean anything from a SET to a 50W load requirement :rolleyes:
a phase curve and impedance curve will definitely tell you a lot ..but how many speaker manufacturers are willing to share that ?

and about that amplifier rating of 25 Wat 8 ohms..does it mean anything ? it could mean 15 W to 50 W at 4 ohms what you need is a response curve of it with changing load !

Following everyone else just because they are doing something meaningless is not as per me something very commendable ! would rather respect the "think different" guy whose actually says that they mean nothing !

again ..i dont mean to say Bose is an audiophile system..just cut them some slack..they are not intended to be put in the category you are comparing them with !
just think he was the first guy who successfully broke away into smaller speakers at a time when people thought hifi speakers were about the size of wooden cupboards and that bass and the rest had to come from the same body !.

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back