Blu ray Connections

idlebrain

Hi Friends,

I need expert suggestions on some connections/Cables.

I will be receiving Panasonic Blu ray player BD80 from US this 15th.

Planning to connect BDP HDMI to Panasonic 42"X10 HDMI and BDP Optical.out to
samsung HTiB(HT-HTZ315) Optical in.--> Suggest me a quality Optical Cable.

Since its from US, I need 220V to 110V Transformer. Acc. to Specs Panny BDP works on : Power Source - 120V, 60Hz, Power Consumption : Approx. 23W. ---> What should be the ideal. Spec for the Step Down transformer to connect this piece.

Contacted to Maxine Hyderabad, they said they have one with 40W for 350Rs. Will this be fine? Please suggest me better set up on power connecton area.
By the way I am using Uni Stab 1KVA stabilizer(Got 3 power ins) for Plasma and HTiB. Can I use the same Stabilizer for Panny Blu ray also(Main -> Conv.Tranformer-> BDP)?

I wanted to be ready with all the required cables/power source by the time I get this piece.

Thanks
Satya.

Hi Friends,

Since its from US, I need 220V to 110V Transformer. Acc. to Specs Panny BDP works on : Power Source - 120V, 60Hz, Power Consumption : Approx. 23W. ---> What should be the ideal. Spec for the Step Down transformer to connect this piece.

Contacted to Maxine Hyderabad, they said they have one with 40W for 350Rs. Will this be fine? Please suggest me better set up on power connecton area.
By the way I am using Uni Stab 1KVA stabilizer(Got 3 power ins) for Plasma and HTiB. Can I use the same Stabilizer for Panny Blu ray also(Main -> Conv.Tranformer-> BDP)?

I wanted to be ready with all the required cables/power source by the time I get this piece.

Thanks
Satya.

Fibre Optic cables, dont spend too much, buy this:
MDR Electronics - MX Electronics - Home Theater Cables & Connectors - Computers & Laptop Accessories - Pro Audio / Studio Audio Cables & Connectors - Audio Video Components & Accessories - Fiber Optic Component & Accessories - Cable TV Component & Ac

Remember when u play BluRay disk with optical cable will give only Dolby or DTS

We have threads on 120V to 220v with enough details and prices, please search and read those.

Last edited:
DOes not sound like you have done sufficient research nor searches on the forum.

Connecting BDP with optical out will set you up for Dolyb/DTS sound and not high resolution audio. Look around to best connect the player on the forum.

RE: step down transformers & cable quality ..., a simple search will get you what you are looking for.

Hi Friends,

Thanks
Satya.

Assuming that the HTiB he is connecting into doean't do HD audio, he should be fine with Optical/Coax from BDP into the HTiB, at least till the AVR is upgraded.

Assuming that the HTiB he is connecting into doean't do HD audio, he should be fine with Optical/Coax from BDP into the HTiB, at least till the AVR is upgraded.

HTiBs dont do HD Audio. Not even all AVRs even if they supported HDMI connections. The base requirments to support this outside of analogue are:

1. HDMI 1.3 compatibility
  2. HD Audio decoding
capabilities in AVRs.

Otherwise only options are coax/toslink for multichannel audio

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back