Blu-Ray Movies & PS3 Games rental library in Gurgaon (Delhi/NCR)

sanjay0864

For those interested in Blu-ray movies & PS3 game rentals in Gurgaon and to some extent Delhi & the NCR.

There is a 'Blu-Ray Movies & PS3 Games' rental library in Gurgaon. I have been using their services from almost when they started in February '09 and their service is excellent. In case you are interested, the contact info is:

YEN Blu-Ray/DVD & PS3 Games rental library
Location: (Opposite Regency Park 2, near Galleria Market) Chakarpur, DLF Phase IV, Gurgaon
Library # +91 93-134-18038 (Contact: Jeeva)
Email ID: [email protected]

Contact Person: Dimple
Cellphone # +91 97-111-11038

Details of collection:

Total BDs = 423

• Region A/B/C = 314
    Region A/B = 2
    Region A/C = 2
    Region A = 75
    Region B = 1
    Region C = 18
    Region B/C = 11
Total PS3 Games = 112

Disclaimer: I personally have no commercial interest in this rental library. This post has not been made on the behest of the library concerned and is only for the purpose of providing information to others like myself who are interested in a good source for Blu-ray movie rentals.

Last edited:
YEN DVD has been my only source of movies on rental since 1998!!
Of course, then I used to watch VCDs on my PC!
Switched on to DVD's soon after and am now waiting to get my PS3 Slim and start on BDs as well.

One reason I thought that its high time I bot a BD Player was Dimple and his collection of Blurays! :)

Would highly recommend the library - they have a branch close to Galleria Market in DLF Phase 4 as well, if thats closer to your pad.

Code:
This is the same location. I just gave the technically correct address. :)

Oh OK :)
The original shop is inside a market (forget the name of that market though) within the interior bylanes of Chakkarpur and I thought the address you mentioned is that one. My mistake..

Switched on to DVD's soon after and am now waiting to get my PS3 Slim and start on BDs as well.
Sony is launching the PS3 Slim 120GB (Region C) tomorrow. The MRP is Rs. 19,990/- (You should be able to get it for approx. Rs. 18,500). Personally I think one is better of buying a 'Region A' player.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I have recently bought a new Playstation 3 and I usually download games directly from playstation store online by paying for it. I only have 60gb internal hard drive space to store this games. So I just wanted to know how to backup playstation 3 games on my computer or an external hard drive? Anybody has any tips that can share with me? Thank you

Hello everyone, I have recently bought a new Playstation 3 and I usually download games directly from playstation store online by paying for it. I only have 60gb internal hard drive space to store this games. So I just wanted to know how to backup playstation 3 games on my computer or an external hard drive? Anybody has any tips that can share with me? Thank you

backing up ps3 game data - Google Search

Don't mean to be rude guys, but this is not a PS3 thread. Your questions and answers related to the PS3 ought to be in the appropriate section of this forum.

PS: There is now way to backup the purchased games on an external hard disk or a PC. But you can always redownload games you have purchesed from the PS store as amany times as you want on upto 4 different PS3s. In case you are concerned about the space on your PS3, the best solution is to swap the existing 60GB hard disk in the PS3 with a larger capacity hard disk.

Hey Sanjay - just curious, whats the rental amount & any deposits to be made to become a member???

Hey Sanjay - just curious, whats the rental amount & any deposits to be made to become a member???
I suggest that you get the latest info by contacting the library directly, since the price plans I have were only tentative when I got them. But just to give you an idea, the following is the info I have.

Pay Per Rental Plan
Number of Movies/Discs 1 2 3
Refundable Deposit 2000 3000 4000
Rent per day 200 350 450
Due in (days) 1 1 1

Rental is per day.
Number of Movies/Discs at a time - As per plan

Fixed Number of Movies/Discs Plan
Plan 1 Plan 2 Plan 3 Plan 4
Security Deposit (Refundable) 1000 2000 2000 2000
Number of Movies/Discs 12 32 62 100
Time to watch (months) 3 6 9 12
Total Charges 1800 4000 7400 10000
Due In (days) 1 3 5 7
Per Movie/Disc Cost 150 125 110 100

Not more than 2 Movies/Discs at a time.
Due Date - As Per Plan (Except for Latest releases of last 1 month. Which are due in maximum 3 days for all plans)
Movies/Discs returned after due date will be counted towards plan again after each due date.

Unlimited Freedom Plan
Security Deposit (Refundable) 1000 2000 3000
Opening Fee (only monthly plan) 300 300 300

1 Disc 2 Discs 3 Discs
Monthly Charges 900 1200 1400
Quarterly Charges 2400 3150 3600
Half Yearly Charges 4200 5700 6600
Yearly Charges 7200 10200 12000

No Late Fees
No Due Date (Except for Latest releases of last 1 month. Which are due in 3 days)
Unlimited number of Movies/Discs

The above prices are for Gurgaon. Prices for Delhi are higher due to the cost of delivery & pickup.

Last edited:
Sanjay, the rental seem a bit high. Here in Channai some of rentals shops such as Tic Tac have started stocking Blu-Ray discs and they charge only 50 Rupees. They don't seem to differentiate between a DVD and a BR disc.

Cheers

Sanjay, the rental seem a bit high. Here in Channai some of rentals shops such as Tic Tac have started stocking Blu-Ray discs and they charge only 50 Rupees. They don't seem to differentiate between a DVD and a BR disc.

Cheers
Personally I don't think the rates are high at all, specially if you ignore the single rental rates. That is because those rates are to discourage single disc rentals. YEN library is primarily interested only in members taking monthly / quarterly etc. plans. At Rs. 800 per month in a quarterly plan, for unlimited number of movies, is a great plan and very, very reasonable. Also you have to keep in mind that YEN does nto limit his collection to just the titles released in INdia, but he also very regularly adds titles from the US. A lot of these titles are those that will never be released here since only a very small percentage of hollywood movies get released here. Thus the choices and quality of collection available to customers of YEN, is far superior to anyone else I know.Personally I have the semi-annual, 2 disc plan. Thus, for Rs. 31 per day, I always have two movies on Blu-Ray at home for whenever I have the time and feel like watching a movie. Even if I end up getting only 'twelve' movies in a month, I am still paying only Rs. 79 per movie and I have the convenience of having a choice of two movies available to me, to watch, at my convenience and with no rush to meet any due dates. Let's not pander to those who charge Rs. 50 or even less, for they are the ones who deal mostly in pirated inferior quality products.

Let's not pander to those who charge Rs. 50 or even less, for they are the ones who deal mostly in pirated inferior quality products.

Possible, but I was talking about Tic Tac and rental companies like that who keep only originals.

Cheers

Sanjay,

Do they do mail delivery to other parts of India,something like what moviemart.com is doing?

Thanks
Satya

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back