Blu Ray Player connected to a standard 1024 X 768 DLP Projector Results.

deba

Dear All,

When I connect a 1024 X 768 resolution DLP Projector to a standard DVD Player via Composite RCA or S-Video I get a blurred Video which is not sharp during projection.

The question is if I play a Blu Ray disc in place of a standard DVD and connect it through composite RCA or S Video to a DLP Projector Will I get better video quality than DVD. I know I will not get 1080i/p or 720i/p resolution, but will it be better than the present DVD format.

I have noticed that in large screen setup DVD provides an unsharp image, can this be solved by blu ray.

Thanks.

This has nothing to do with the DVD Player, the projector or the medium. You are using a composite connection that can be set at a max of 480i. When you do that in the DVD player, the image will be clear.

I cannot understand why are you not using at least component if not HDMI?

Cheers

No, Blue ray is not going to solve the problem in this case. The bottle neck here is the Composite/S-video interface.

The model is Mitsubishi XD110U which has only rca composite / s video /rgb d sub inputs.No hdmi and y cb cr inputs.

If you are not planning to change the projector in the near future, better invest in an HTPC than a Bluray player and connect through RGB sub. FooBar will help in enhancing it further. I think the PJ's native resolution is less than 1024x768.

Though this projector does not have component input, It supports component connection via computer in. This is described in detail on page 10 of this manual. The graphic clearly shows component out of DVD player and computer in of projector. This will give best PQ as per manual. Audio remains simple RCA.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/pdf/projector_manual_2944.pdf

The model is Mitsubishi XD110U which has only rca composite / s video /rgb d sub inputs.No hdmi and y cb cr inputs.

Though this projector does not have component input, It supports component connection via computer in. This is described in detail on page 10 of this manual. The graphic clearly shows component out of DVD player and computer in of projector. This will give best PQ as per manual. Audio remains simple RCA.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/pdf/projector_manual_2944.pdf

Thats more than enough, get a component to VGA converter cable from MX and you are done.

hi deba,

The same way VGA to COMPONENT converter cable im using with Benq DLP projector. The result is pretty good than compared composite and s-video.

Better get a VGA to COMPONENT conveter cable as suggested by cmsajith.

cheers.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back