Blu Ray Player for Yamaha YHT-196

MayankR

I have purchased the Yamaha YTH-196 home theatre ( YHT-196 - Home Theater Packages - Yamaha - India l) and have an option of getting either the Philips BDP2180 (Philips BDP2180/94 - Blu-ray Disc/ DVD player ) or the Samsung BD-F5500 ( BD-F5500 - TECH SPECS | SAMSUNG India ) free with it.

I plan to use my home theater mainly for seeing TV through my Tata Sky+ Set up box, see blu ray movies and playing movies and songs off a pendrive that I hope to connect to my Blu Ray player.

The movies that I have on my pen drive have 5.1ch sound in them. The Samsung Blu Ray tech spacs say
Dolby Decoding Channel 2Ch
DTS Decoding Channel 2Ch
so my question is that will i be able to receive surround sound if I use Samsung's blu ray player, either from a bly ray disc or usb?

The Philips blu ray specs say "Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby True HD, DTS 2.0 + Digital out" so I believe I should be able to get surround sound from a movie on pendrive using it.
Please correct me if I am wrong. Will the decoding of the Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby True HD be done in 5.1ch by the philips player?
Sorry for my questions if they seem a little to basic... new to the audio world :sad: :)
Thank You:)

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back