Bluerigger vs Dac

Hi ,

I wanted to buy a 2m optical cable for connecting my Pc/TV to my Marantz PM6007.

I saw these two:-

1. Blue Rigger Premium (Rs 1067)

2. Dac optical fiber (Rs1250)

Which one would be better in terms of sound?

Regards,
Sandeep
Either one of those are good enough. check for cracks or breaks in the outer protective shield.

I got crazy few years back and bought all optical cables available in amazon and tested them only on audio quality (not build quality etc).

Micca optical cable came at the top closely followed by vention audio cable. Bluerigger and amazon basics came amoung the last.

Right now I can only see the vention audio cable in amazon being sold by GadgetsAccessories and micca cable is not available.

GadgetsAccessories (10 Feet) (S/PDIF) Premium Nylon Braided Digital Optical SPDIF Fibre Audio Toslink to Toslink Male Cable 3m 3 Meter (Silver) https://amzn.eu/d/aOKEzXN

I got crazy few years back and bought all optical cables available in amazon and tested them only on audio quality (not build quality etc).

Micca optical cable came at the top closely followed by vention audio cable. Bluerigger and amazon basics came amoung the last.

Right now I can only see the vention audio cable in amazon being sold by GadgetsAccessories and micca cable is not available.

GadgetsAccessories (10 Feet) (S/PDIF) Premium Nylon Braided Digital Optical SPDIF Fibre Audio Toslink to Toslink Male Cable 3m 3 Meter (Silver) https://amzn.eu/d/aOKEzXN
ha ha

it seems the vention one is cheaper than bluerigger premium one but they dont have lengths lesser than 10ft it seems

Last edited:

All optical cables transmit light. So are we saying that one light is superior to the other ? Just asking since I am not an engineer/ with science background.

All optical cables transmit light. So are we saying that one light is superior to the other ? Just asking since I am not an engineer/ with science background.
If everyone does the function equally and correctl, then there will be no confusion choosing...we can buy any cables, speaker, amplifier etc..

I had same experience, Earlier i had Belkin Optical cable and later Bluerigger. Found Blurigger to be better with sound output when connected from TV to AVR.

Really surprised to know that there was difference. Optical is light and should not get impact by cable ideally.
That way, light transmittance should not get impacted by any glass or fiber.. But any glass you wear, never feels like wearing nothing and degrades vision to various levels.. You will know if you wear specs or sunglasses..

Digital cables with error correction on end points should not make a difference, this is a better argument, but still digital cables do affect sound in a big way. No explanation for that, I don't know why.

Really surprised to know that there was difference. Optical is light and should not get impact by cable ideally.
Please refer one of my post in another thread. I have put my understanding there, why different optical cables can sound different.

Remember, 52 LACS 1s and 0s have to be transmitted in exactly EVERY 1 second. And Any deviation from that due the material of the optical fibre can impact the sound, even if the deviation is in milli or microseconds.

My post in another thread

Optical cables are pure digtal transmission via light.
They use inexpensive plastic fibres.

There should be zero difference between different cables. They either work or they don't.

My view - do not waste money on expensive optical cables.
Just buy anything with a reasonable build quality.

Have a look at this informative video :

There should be zero difference between different cables. They either work or they don't.
Easiest is to take 'any' two optical cables lying around and check. They wont sound same.

They 'should' sound same according to their purpose but they wont.

Compared an inexpensive optical cable from the US for $15 vs the stock optical cable supplied by Sony. I expected no difference but there was.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back