Bluetooth Audio Receiver ?

grunthos

Anyone has any clue where to pick up a bluetooth audio receiver in India ? Something that can receive music over bluetooth A2DP from a mobile phone for example, and has a 3.5 mm out so that it can be connected to a music system ?

Couldnt find anything on Ebay india. Amazon has a Jensen WBT210 Bluetooth Receiver for $39.99, but with shipping its becomes $85 and it says 6-8 weeks shipping time .... dont feel like paying double the price for it.

Anybody seen anything like that in any shop (I am based in Mumbai)

get the Jabra A 120 s, Bluetooth music adabpter. Available in mumbai at reliance digital, also lot of online shopping sites within India, like indiatimes shopping, rediff ect.

I have the same.

get the Jabra A 120 s, Bluetooth music adabpter. Available in mumbai at reliance digital, also lot of online shopping sites within India, like indiatimes shopping, rediff ect.

I have the same.

I dont think you understood what I wanted. The Jabra A 120s that you are referring is used to transmit, not to receive. I wanted a receiver, which I can connect to a speaker and play songs off my phone without keeping my phone next to the speaker.

I am assuming this setup does not involve a PC right? If a PC is involved then any BT dongle should do but to tell you the truth the SQ was not all that great on my system and also it drains the mobile phone battery very quickly, in fact I ended up keeping the mobile "on charge" most of the time.

Coming to a BT receiver, not sure you will get it here easily. I had one sourced from the UK (cost around 50 GBP), but even here the SQ was not all that great.

You are right - this doesnt involve the PC in any way - just my phone and speakers (I already have a Bluetooth dongle).
And while I am not denying your experience with the Bluetooth device, I believe Bluetooth A2DP is generally acknowledged as a good quality medium - quite a few HT manufacturers offer wireless surrounds based on bluetooth ....

The Jensen on Amazon (if they ship to India) seems like a good deal. Mine cost me GBP 50.00 but I had someone bring it over so I saved on shipping costs.

While there a lot of AVRs with bluetooth support, I have personally seen only one in action and thought it was pretty decent. The model is Yamaha RXV363 (its pretty basic receiver from a feature perspective but can hook up with all BT devices.). There is an offer on ebay currently for this and a speaker system for 36K

eBay India: Yamaha RXV-363 + NSP-270 Home Theater System Package. (item 280300930400 end time 14-Jan-2009 16:27:13 IST)

The receiver itself was priced around 22K when I saw it though it was a new entrant at that time. The pricing should be lower now though.

Anyone has any clue where to pick up a bluetooth audio receiver in India ? Something that can receive music over bluetooth A2DP from a mobile phone for example, and has a 3.5 mm out so that it can be connected to a music system ?

Couldnt find anything on Ebay india. Amazon has a Jensen WBT210 Bluetooth Receiver for $39.99, but with shipping its becomes $85 and it says 6-8 weeks shipping time .... dont feel like paying double the price for it.

There is an offer on ebay currently for this and a speaker system for 36K

He he he he ... while the offer is good and maybe even VFM, but my tiny 7 x 11 living room doesnt merit a proper home theatre :)
And spending 36K for just streaming songs from my phone seems a bit on the higher side :D

Any other lower priced alternatives ?

I rarely visit Mumbai. So am not sure about the dealers there. But other brothers and sisters on the forum should be able to chime in.

Re: the package. I think you are still looking about 2/3 the package price for the receiver alone since the retailers will be singing the virtues of BT. If you have someone coming in from the US then it retails for something like 170 or so if you are interested.

He he he he ... while the offer is good and maybe even VFM, but my tiny 7 x 11 living room doesnt merit a proper home theatre :)
And spending 36K for just streaming songs from my phone seems a bit on the higher side :D

Any other lower priced alternatives ?

Friend u have Jensen-WBT210-Bluetooth-Headphone-A2DP-Stereo-Receiver on ebay for Rs.1,999/-. Pls check it out

Actually I did buy that receiver but have to report that its not a good product - the audio quality is not good at all
Would advise everyone to refrain from buying it

Came across a Jabra product sometime later. Priced a little higher at Rs. 3200, but impressive audio quality. Wish I had bought that instead ....

Note: Bluetooth is NOT suitable for good quality audio .
Bluetooth receiver will always be guaranteed poor in audio output.

Note: Bluetooth is NOT suitable for good quality audio .
Bluetooth receiver will always be guaranteed poor in audio output.

Actually I have an update to the Jensen WBT210 receiver ...
I had packed off the Jensen, writing it off as a bad purchase. But while moving house last week, I rediscovered it and plugged it in just on a lark. And lo and behold, it started spouting nice audio !! It seems now that my phone was at fault for the audio quality issues - last month my phone got exposed to the rain and I got my phone's board replaced. I never bothered to recheck with the Jensen after that ...
Anyway, it works just as advertised. It comes along with a charger, so I keep it plugged on to my speakers permanently. I have got myself a Bluetooth dongle (with A2DP) as well, and now I am streaming stereo audio from my laptop too. It is just unparalleled in convenience ..

And for those obsessed with audio quality, the drop in quality is negligible - especially compared to the advantages. I'd recommend it to people who do not have a HTPC yet - as a great way to play off media on your laptop/phones without shackling it to the speakers

Disclaimer - the darned thing doesnt have a good range across walls. I keep walking around the house with the phone in my pocket - and then have to run back to the hall when the music skips :)

how about using apple airport express? though it is fairly costly at ~5k and may not work with phone.

Yes the airport express would work fine with the laptop but not with the phone. And it is limited to iTunes - you cant get it to work with WMP, Winamp or other players. ... BT is just much more universal

[I just dont like their proprietary nature and keep myself away from Apple products :)]

Hi Grunthos,

I believe you have your answer here:

Digital Media Port : Home Theatre System Accessories : Sony India

Thanks,

Nitin

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back