Bluetooth speaker under 3k

Artoo Deetoo

Hello everyone, I'm looking to buy a Bluetooth speaker under 3k for personal use (music and podcast listening). Looking for longer battery life and any additional useful features. Not a basshead. Please pour in your suggestions. Ok to extend budget by 2k only if there is no other good options.

Hello everyone, I'm looking to buy a Bluetooth speaker under 3k for personal use (music and podcast listening). Looking for longer battery life and any additional useful features. Not a basshead. Please pour in your suggestions. Ok to extend budget by 2k only if there is no other good options.
You could check these
  1. JBL Go 2
  2. Sony SRS-XB100
Heard these on a recent trip and found them to be quite good.

MaSh

If you can stretch your budget, you can have years of happy listening and ownership with Apple HomePod Mini under 11K. Good sound from full range driver and passive radiator, Wifi connectivity, Siri, great looks, build quality (it’s Apple), upgradable to stereo pair in future if you like it, Smart home controls… It’s one of the best value products from the Apple stable. Six months free subscription to Apple Music lossless sweetens the deal.

Last edited:
If you can stretch your budget, you can have years of happy listening and ownership with Apple HomePod Mini under 11K. Good sound from full range driver and passive radiator, Wifi connectivity, Siri, great looks, build quality (it’s Apple), upgradable to stereo pair in future if you like it, Smart home controls… It’s one of the best value products from the Apple stable. Six months free subscription to Apple Music lossless sweetens the deal.

Wow! I try to keep up with tech as much as possible but this is the first time I'm hearing about this Apple product. Will check this too along with the other suggestions. Thanks!

First time seeing apple homepod. Are you using it? How its sounding?

First time seeing apple homepod. Are you using it? How its sounding?
I have the Homepod mini. Unless you expect a lot of low end, it is actually quite good. It’s not a boombox and don’t expect to dance to it. But the tonality is spot on, the full range drivers make the sound very cohesive. It’s quite musical and sufficiently loud for desktop as well as a small room, and can be paired with another mini for stereo sound. There is no distortion even at highest volume.

What’s more, you get to play (Apple) lossless music natively at the price of an OKish Bluetooth speaker. Now even YouTube Music is natively available, along with Deezer, Pandora and TuneIn Radio (useful if you are outside India). Apple has now opened the Homepod, so it is up to Spotify and Tidal to make themselves natively available.Till then you can AirPlay. And well, it’s a Smart speaker to control your smart home gadgets (I don’t have any), and does all that an Amazon Echo can do, albeit not as well. But in sound it beats all the smart speakers around its price range handsomely.

Last edited:
I have the Homepod mini. Unless you expect a lot of low end, it is actually quite good. It’s not a boombox and don’t expect to dance to it. But the tonality is spot on, the full range drivers make the sound very cohesive. It’s quite musical and sufficiently loud for desktop as well as a small room, and can be paired with another mini for stereo sound. There is no distortion even at highest volume.

What’s more, you get to play (Apple) lossless music natively at the price of an OKish Bluetooth speaker. Now even YouTube Music is natively available, along with Deezer, Pandora and TuneIn Radio (useful if you are outside India). Apple has now opened the Homepod, so it is up to Spotify and Tidal to make themselves natively available.Till then you can AirPlay. And well, it’s a Smart speaker to control your smart home gadgets (I don’t have any), and does all that an Amazon Echo can do, albeit not as well. But in sound it beats all the smart speakers around its price range handsomely.

Also I've found that
- It's possible to hook up two homepods in stereo mode and they sound surprisingly good
- they can be configured for multiroom sound on the Apple Home app very easily

Also I've found that
- It's possible to hook up two homepods in stereo mode and they sound surprisingly good
I might do that. It might replace my decade old Bose Soundlink II for casual listening In the study. The handoff feature between Apple devices comes in very handy. You can search and start to play something on the handheld device (iPhone or iPad) and then just tap it to the HomePod and it gets transferred (not AirPlay, but native play), you can still continue to control/navigate either through the Home app (for any stream) or Music app (if playing Apple Music).

Also I've found that
- they can be configured for multiroom sound on the Apple Home app very easily
Ohh, its good. But how they can seperate instrument when its paired as stereo?. Suppose one instrument coming at left side , how this handle when its paired as stereo.

JBL Flip 5 (with 5 star ratings, worldwide)
is on sale. You can add one more, to make it a terrific stereo combo.

For the extended budget, you could consider Saregama Caravan especially if you are into old Hindi music

Ohh, its good. But how they can seperate instrument when its paired as stereo?. Suppose one instrument coming at left side , how this handle when its paired as stereo.
You just need to designate one pod as right and the other as left speaker in the Home app. Thereafter they just work like active stereo speakers would. I guess it’s the app that sends the respective signals to them.

Thanks folks, I think I might settle for the Sony SRS-XB100. It's within my budget. The Apple Homepod mini and Anker Soundcore 2 both are very tempting but I would be overstepping my budget. I really like the Anker Soundcore but the price and some customer reviews in Amazon say it's not worth the price. Regarding the Homepod - I don't have any Apple device and I'm highly doubtful about its compatibility with my Android ecosystem. Also it's pricey. So rejecting it for now.

The IKEA Eneby is a great value option in your price range (subject to availability). I haven’t heard it (except in YouTube videos) but a senior FM has an Eneby and have positive things to say about it (and his main system is Lyrita Horn with Tube amp, he knows his stuff). You’ll find a lot of reviews on the net. I guess the downside is an older version of Bluetooth.

Last edited:
Well now I started checking the specs and reviews for Sony XB100. Reviews are all good. My only problem is it doesn't have an Aux port and it's a little concerning. Is there any other model that's better than this in the same price range?

@sachinchavan 15865 The Ikea Eneby is not available for me right now and I'm not interested in that too. Thanks for the suggestion.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back