Bluray Player for Yamaha RX V373

I got my free BD today for the s1100 purchased on last Tuesday. Unfortunately, they had no other title except Dabangg 2. And I have to settle for that. :( :(

No worries, that is good entertainer too. I had Dabangg 2 too so told them my problem that's why they offered me different titles.

I got my free BD today for the s1100 purchased on last Tuesday. Unfortunately, they had no other title except Dabangg 2. And I have to settle for that. :( :(

Did you try to update the firmware of your Sony-S1100? What is the current firmware version?

Did you try to update the firmware of your Sony-S1100? What is the current firmware version?

No, I did not update the firmware. By the way, how do I check my current firmware version? Pardon my ignorance. :eek:hyeah:

Thanks for the URL.

My software version is - M14.R.0093.

This utility is only for use with the products identified and sold in Asia Pacific. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This utility updates BDP-S1100/S3100 firmware to version M14.R.0142 and provides the following benefits:

BRAVIA Internet Video improvement

Sony website shows that the firmware is available for update. However, the only benefit is "improvement of Bravia internet video". Since I do not intend to connect the BDP with the internet, is there any necessity to update the firmware?

Upgrade to newer firmware is not necessary but you may not able to get full features of any Blu-Ray. Yesterday I was playing Dabangg (not 2), after insertion of disc I got a pop-up message alert that "This Blu-Ray Disc contains some features which doesn't supported by current firmware", after that the movie started. So I think update is good.

So I think we should update the firmware.

Your version seems very old (0093), The software with version M14.R.0136 was released on 4th June 2013. However due to certain issue on internet video playability, Sony released new software version M14.R.0138 to resolve the issue. The current versions is M14.R.0142

Thanks for the URL.

My software version is - M14.R.0093.

Sony website shows that the firmware is available for update. However, the only benefit is "improvement of Bravia internet video". Since I do not intend to connect the BDP with the internet, is there any necessity to update the firmware?

Last edited:
I am having a small issue here - I have attached an external HDD with my bdp through USB. The hard disk has three partitions. However, whenever I am connecting the external hdd, it is detecting only one drive. Neither it is detecting any other partitions nor I am able to change manually to other partitions.

Please help.

I was using my HDD (with partitions) last year with my Samsung plasma and it has option to choose the partition by pressing the A key (RED). After your post tried to select the partitions via BD player but found nothing to do it (we have same BD player S1100), even I have latest firmware 0163 (released in last week of this september). It runs only one partition flawlessly. It has option to switch between Music/Photos/Videos, Repeat All/Folder/File, Slideshow settings Slow/Normal/Fast, Background Music From USB/CD etc.

I am having a small issue here - I have attached an external HDD with my bdp through USB. The hard disk has three partitions. However, whenever I am connecting the external hdd, it is detecting only one drive. Neither it is detecting any other partitions nor I am able to change manually to other partitions.

Please help.

Even when I connected the same hdd with my tv (sony) I was able to go to different partitions by using the remote. But I am unable to do anything with the bdp.

Is there any way out? (should I post a new thread asking for help as it will generate more attention)

Even when I connected the same hdd with my tv (sony) I was able to go to different partitions by using the remote. But I am unable to do anything with the bdp.

Is there any way out? (should I post a new thread asking for help as it will generate more attention)

I think you are using HDD with BD player (instead of TV) because of AVR connection from BD. Yes?

I think you are using HDD with BD player (instead of TV) because of AVR connection from BD. Yes?

My connection is -----> HDD> usb> BDP> AVR> TV

I have connected the HDD directly to the BDP because the BDP acts as a good media player. The BDP supports most of the formats I have while when connected directly to the sony tv, it supports very few formats.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back