• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Bluray player that plays DTS HD MA from Usb drive ?

QUAD

Harshad80000

Bro i think it’s not player problem ,possible in ur downloaded file not with dts hd or true sound codec

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

efernand1

That could most of the times be the culprit.....there were times i downloaded a movie which was good in video but only 2 channel audio.....so had to download back again the movie from another source.....

Harshad80000

Please Chek ur file because pioneer lx55 and 450 both I have used in past and both player played dts hd master audio and true HD thrue my usb hard disk ,if u want better experience in hard drive playback then dune player is best

huansweet

Sony S380 is non 3D, S480 model is start for 3D Range.

thanks for your sharing
I am learning how to create videos now. It is a really interesting thing. Why didn’t I know it before? I want to show my harvest to the friend, so I followed the tutorials online burn video to DVD that I could play it on TV. It has a nice playback, you can try it...

Vinay2013

Pioneer BDP 160 is doing that. I have used it with USB hard drive and receiver dispalys the Audio format

AmitSingh

Sony BDP - S380 plays DTS-MA and DD tru HD, Via USB, But the file needs to be M2ts or ts container and not mkv, Is a simple conversion process that takes few mins.
Which Software you are you will suggest for converting into M2ts

As for me...on the Pioneer BDP LX 55 or the BDP 450.....when i play downloaded Blu Ray movies through USB....Dolby Digital and also DTS gets displayed on my Marantz AVR.....

I believe the latest Sony X800 may have this capability or the Panasonic UB900 and ofcourse the latest players from Cambridge Audio CXU and Oppo 203
I have Sony UBP-X700 (2018 Model). I'm also facing the same Issue. It's working great for TrueHD7.1 audio from my 4K Disk of Mission Impossible 5. But I've Mission Impossible 6 in my HardDisk with TrueHD 7.1 Audio, and it's not working for this audio.
I'm sure it is not a file problem.
I've Below titles, not working from HardDisk:
  1. Venom (4K HDR) (TrueHD 7.1 not working) (DTS 7.1 Working)
  2. The MEG (4K HDR) (TrueHD 7.1 not working) (DTS 7.1 Working)
  3. Aquaman (4K) (TrueHD 7.1 not working) (DTS 7.1 Working)
Conclusion. Working when played from BluRay But not when played from HardDisk. It's hard to believe and get the reason.
Can't go for a good quality Media Player now.
My player supports Dolby Vision and HDR10. Don't know the player will do that job well or not!

Love4sound

I have Sony UBP-X700 (2018 Model). I'm also facing the same Issue. It's working great for TrueHD7.1 audio from my 4K Disk of Mission Impossible 5. But I've Mission Impossible 6 in my HardDisk with TrueHD 7.1 Audio, and it's not working for this audio.
Conclusion. Working when played from BluRay But not when played from HardDisk. It's hard to believe and get the reason.
My player supports Dolby Vision and HDR10. Don't know the player will do that job well or not!
Sony blu ray players wont support True HD in MKV format.

revolty

Hi,

Even i used to have sony blu ray player till 3-4 years back. I also faced the same issue. The Atmos/True HD/DTS HD codec could be played through Blu ray Disc but not the Hard Disk/USB. So, i altogether gave up playing movie through sony blu ray player.

Love4sound

Hi,

Even i used to have sony blu ray player till 3-4 years back. I also faced the same issue. The Atmos/True HD/DTS HD codec could be played through Blu ray Disc but not the Hard Disk/USB. So, i altogether gave up playing movie through sony blu ray player.
Only the mkv formats. Try m2ts it will work.

SPONSORED ADS

spirovious

Sony players are known to have less codecs supports via USB.Earlier their bdps even couldn't play flacs via USB.

Love4sound

Sorry to forget mentioning that. Yes, i converted to m2ts & m2ts was working. But, after that, i got android box & played movies in Kodi.
Ok i assume you meant Mkv to m2ts. May i know how you convert mkv to m2ts? And is there any loss in picture and audio quality after compression ?

Vinay2013

I have slightly old pioneer BDP 160 Blue Ray player which is able to play DTS HDMA via USB.

Love4sound

I used "Mkv Toolnix" software. Nope, i didn't found any loss in picture & audio quality.
Ok how to convert the Mkv to m2ts using the tool. I drag the movie and drop it to the tool and it has video, audio subtitles all listed in the home page. What should i do from here?

revolty

Ok how to convert the Mkv to m2ts using the tool. I drag the movie and drop it to the tool and it has video, audio subtitles all listed in the home page. What should i do from here?
I am extremely sorry. I actually had mistakingly mentioned "mkvtoolnix". I used "tsmuxer" software & its pretty easy to convert to m2ts in it. Just drag & drop the file. You can see the audio - video codecs in the General Track Options. Then de-select/select the audio options as per your choice. Click on m2ts-muxing. Then, it will take approx 10-12 minutes & you are done.

Love4sound

I am extremely sorry. I actually had mistakingly mentioned "mkvtoolnix". I used "tsmuxer" software & its pretty easy to convert to m2ts in it. Just drag & drop the file. You can see the audio - video codecs in the General Track Options. Then de-select/select the audio options as per your choice. Click on m2ts-muxing. Then, it will take approx 10-12 minutes & you are done.
Ok I will give it a try

AmitSingh

When you will assign a name to new file to be saved, Just give new name with .M2ts before starting the operation.
Last Night, I already tried converting mkv to M2ts. No benefit. Still, TrueHD not worked but rest worked.

SPONSORED ADS