Bluray player that plays DTS HD MA from Usb drive ?

Sony BDP - S380 plays DTS-MA and DD tru HD, Via USB, But the file needs to be M2ts or ts container and not mkv, Is a simple conversion process that takes few mins.
Which Software you are you will suggest for converting into M2ts

As for me...on the Pioneer BDP LX 55 or the BDP 450.....when i play downloaded Blu Ray movies through USB....Dolby Digital and also DTS gets displayed on my Marantz AVR.....

I believe the latest Sony X800 may have this capability or the Panasonic UB900 and ofcourse the latest players from Cambridge Audio CXU and Oppo 203
I have Sony UBP-X700 (2018 Model). I'm also facing the same Issue. It's working great for TrueHD7.1 audio from my 4K Disk of Mission Impossible 5. But I've Mission Impossible 6 in my HardDisk with TrueHD 7.1 Audio, and it's not working for this audio.
I'm sure it is not a file problem.
I've Below titles, not working from HardDisk:
  1. Venom (4K HDR) (TrueHD 7.1 not working) (DTS 7.1 Working)
  2. The MEG (4K HDR) (TrueHD 7.1 not working) (DTS 7.1 Working)
  3. Aquaman (4K) (TrueHD 7.1 not working) (DTS 7.1 Working)
Conclusion. Working when played from BluRay But not when played from HardDisk. It's hard to believe and get the reason.
Can't go for a good quality Media Player now.
My player supports Dolby Vision and HDR10. Don't know the player will do that job well or not!

I have Sony UBP-X700 (2018 Model). I'm also facing the same Issue. It's working great for TrueHD7.1 audio from my 4K Disk of Mission Impossible 5. But I've Mission Impossible 6 in my HardDisk with TrueHD 7.1 Audio, and it's not working for this audio.
Conclusion. Working when played from BluRay But not when played from HardDisk. It's hard to believe and get the reason.
My player supports Dolby Vision and HDR10. Don't know the player will do that job well or not!
Sony blu ray players wont support True HD in MKV format.

Hi,

Even i used to have sony blu ray player till 3-4 years back. I also faced the same issue. The Atmos/True HD/DTS HD codec could be played through Blu ray Disc but not the Hard Disk/USB. So, i altogether gave up playing movie through sony blu ray player.

Hi,

Even i used to have sony blu ray player till 3-4 years back. I also faced the same issue. The Atmos/True HD/DTS HD codec could be played through Blu ray Disc but not the Hard Disk/USB. So, i altogether gave up playing movie through sony blu ray player.
Only the mkv formats. Try m2ts it will work.

Sony players are known to have less codecs supports via USB.Earlier their bdps even couldn't play flacs via USB.

Sorry to forget mentioning that. Yes, i converted to m2ts & m2ts was working. But, after that, i got android box & played movies in Kodi.
Ok i assume you meant Mkv to m2ts. May i know how you convert mkv to m2ts? And is there any loss in picture and audio quality after compression ?

I used "Mkv Toolnix" software. Nope, i didn't found any loss in picture & audio quality.
Ok how to convert the Mkv to m2ts using the tool. I drag the movie and drop it to the tool and it has video, audio subtitles all listed in the home page. What should i do from here?

Ok how to convert the Mkv to m2ts using the tool. I drag the movie and drop it to the tool and it has video, audio subtitles all listed in the home page. What should i do from here?
I am extremely sorry. I actually had mistakingly mentioned "mkvtoolnix". I used "tsmuxer" software & its pretty easy to convert to m2ts in it. Just drag & drop the file. You can see the audio - video codecs in the General Track Options. Then de-select/select the audio options as per your choice. Click on m2ts-muxing. Then, it will take approx 10-12 minutes & you are done.

I am extremely sorry. I actually had mistakingly mentioned "mkvtoolnix". I used "tsmuxer" software & its pretty easy to convert to m2ts in it. Just drag & drop the file. You can see the audio - video codecs in the General Track Options. Then de-select/select the audio options as per your choice. Click on m2ts-muxing. Then, it will take approx 10-12 minutes & you are done.
Ok I will give it a try

When you will assign a name to new file to be saved, Just give new name with .M2ts before starting the operation.
Last Night, I already tried converting mkv to M2ts. No benefit. Still, TrueHD not worked but rest worked.

In "MKV Toolnix" same steps excluding "Click on m2ts-muxing". In "MKV Toolnix" we need to save as our desired format.

When you will assign a name to new file to be saved, Just give new name with .M2ts before starting the operation.
Last Night, I already tried converting mkv to M2ts. No benefit. Still, TrueHD not worked but rest worked.
Well I am just going to skip with the conversation as my shield plays everything.

Let me explain it more.
Metadata Info of Audio which is not working:-
Audio #1
ID : 2
Format : TrueHD
Codec ID : A_TRUEHD
Duration : 2h 14mn
Bit rate mode : Variable
Maximum bit rate : 8 277 Kbps
Channel(s) : 8 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, Back: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode : Lossless
Delay relative to video : 27ms
Language : English
Default : Yes
Forced : No

Metadata Info of Audio which is working fine:-
Audio #2
ID : 3
Format : DTS
Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
Format profile : MA / Core
Mode : 16
Format settings, Endianness: Big
Codec ID : A_DTS
Duration : 1h 52mn
Bit rate : Unknown / 1 509 Kbps
Channel(s) : 8 channels / 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, Back: L R, LFE / Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Bit depth : 24 bits
Compression mode : Lossless / Lossy
Delay relative to video : -8ms
Default : No

When played from USB Hard Disk(1TB) Audio with TrueHD not working. But, Both working when I play 4K Blue Ray Disc.
Player: Sony UBP-X700 (2018 Model)

Let me explain it more.
Metadata Info of Audio which is not working:-
Audio #1
ID : 2
Format : TrueHD
Codec ID : A_TRUEHD
Duration : 2h 14mn
Maximum bit rate : 8 277 Kbps
Channel(s) : 8 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, Back: L R, LFE
Compression mode : Lossless
Delay relative to video : 27ms
Default : Yes

Metadata Info of Audio which is working fine:-
Audio #2
ID : 3
Format : DTS
Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
Format profile : MA / Core
Mode : 16
Format settings, Endianness: Big
Codec ID : A_DTS
Duration : 1h 52mn
Bit rate : Unknown / 1 509 Kbps
Channel(s) : 8 channels / 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, Back: L R, LFE / Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Bit depth : 24 bits
Compression mode : Lossless / Lossy
Delay relative to video : -8ms
Default : No

When played from USB Hard Disk(1TB) Audio with TrueHD not working. But, Both working when I play 4K Blue Ray Disc.
Player: Sony UBP-X700 (2018 Model)
Same problem with my Sony Blu-ray player as well. To play tru HD in usb the file has to be in m2ts format. Mkv won’t work. But this issue is solved using shield it plays every formats.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back