Bluray player that plays DTS HD MA from Usb drive ?

cavallino

Which player, if any, is capable of playing a mkv file, with DTS HD MA audio, from its usb connection?

Last edited:
Instead of a blu-ray player, get an HD media player like himedia 600a/b/c, Measy X6 etc. These can play virtually any type of media files.

So I went to the nearby LG show room that had just one 3d model BX580, he was asking 13500 for it (as already mentioned on this forum lets buy is offering it for 9990). But the more important part is that I had taken two mkv files one with DTS MA and one Dolby true HD with me, the player could not decode either of them. :( now there is still a possibility that the player can bitstream them. The showroom had no receiver so I could not check it.

Does someone own this model and can confirm success/failure with the two lossless codecs? I know that the player can decode them from the disks but its the usb I am curious to know about.

Popcorn media players will play, if you have a friend in US get it from there.. or get it thru a service like Borderlinx.

My LG 3D Bluray Home Theater HX 906 TX would produce loud irritating noise while playing DTS HD MA content from USB; obviously failing to decode DTS HDMA. Is it supposed to be so, from USB DTS HDMA can't be decoded? . Never had any problems with normal DTS Files. Do you have any suggestion.

My LG 3D Bluray Home Theater HX 906 TX would produce loud irritating noise while playing DTS HD MA content from USB; obviously failing to decode DTS HDMA. Is it supposed to be so, from USB DTS HDMA can't be decoded? . Never had any problems with normal DTS Files. Do you have any suggestion.

Try changing the container from mkv/mp4 to m2ts, and it may play. If not than it can only be played if burned on a Blu-ray disc.

I have experience with lg,sony,pioneer,samsung,dune and Oppo blueray player all plyer played dts hd master ,my vote in low budget player lg bp series is best ,medium budget dune HD series is best and little high budget range Oppo best ,all player played mkv and m2ts format thrue hard disk or bluray disk
Hi the question and thread asking about a Bluray play which can play or pass thru DTS MA or Dolby/Tru HD( in USB mode).
I don't think it is possible with bluray player now a days( IMO)

All the player I mantion it played true HD and dts hd master audio
Are you sure? is it supports with usb content?
Is it shows as DTS MA( in your AVR ) when you are playing thru Usb device/USB disk?
Normally these players can play DTS files when you are using Bluray- disk not thru USB as of my knowledge !!
please make sure while you are advising or suggesting some one in this forum.Lot of experts are there in this forum !!!
Possible list out the model numbers that can help us/me.
Even i personally tried those options and could not make out with the players mentioned by you.( thru USB)

Few examples for you

https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx2W0PEOW3JY9UX/ref=ask_ql_ql_al_hza

https://www.hifivision.com/threads/post-your-latest-av-purchase-s.8665/post-751527

As for me...on the Pioneer BDP LX 55 or the BDP 450.....when i play downloaded Blu Ray movies through USB....Dolby Digital and also DTS gets displayed on my Marantz AVR.....

I believe the latest Sony X800 may have this capability or the Panasonic UB900 and ofcourse the latest players from Cambridge Audio CXU and Oppo 203

That could most of the times be the culprit.....there were times i downloaded a movie which was good in video but only 2 channel audio.....so had to download back again the movie from another source.....

Sony S380 is non 3D, S480 model is start for 3D Range.

thanks for your sharing
I am learning how to create videos now. It is a really interesting thing. Why didn’t I know it before? I want to show my harvest to the friend, so I followed the tutorials online burn video to DVD that I could play it on TV. It has a nice playback, you can try it...

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back