Bluray player that plays DTS HD MA from Usb drive ?

Same problem with my Sony Blu-ray player as well. To play tru HD in usb the file has to be in m2ts format. Mkv won’t work. But this issue is solved using shield it plays every formats.

Congrats for your new shield. But I'm bound to continue use of my Sony X700.
I tried m2ts but again TrueHD not worked.
Have you tied it yourself? Which software did you use for conversion into m2ts?

Congrats for your new shield. But I'm bound to continue use of my Sony X700.
I tried m2ts but again TrueHD not worked.
Have you tied it yourself? Which software did you use for conversion into m2ts?
Wat? Even my basic Sony Blu Ray player plays true HD in m2ts format. We’re are u getting the m2ts files from?

So sony BDP 1500 wont play MKV format at all though USB? In another thread you said it plays all file formats through USB [HERE], please reply, i was about to buy one.
It plays MKV. Only dolby atmos in MKV formats wont work. If you are going to watch DTS, DTS HD master, DTS mstr X, and other dolby contents in MKV it will work. And also Atmos in M2ts format will work

It plays MKV. Only dolby atmos in MKV formats wont work. If you are going to watch DTS, DTS HD master, DTS mstr X, and other dolby contents in MKV it will work. And also Atmos in M2ts format will work
Thanks , so Dolby TrueHD & DolbyAtmos in MKV wont work, right?

Thanks , so Dolby TrueHD & DolbyAtmos in MKV wont work, right?
Yes. If you want to play atmos in HD you have to get the content in M2ts format and it will work flawless. Another option is the pioneer bdp 180

Last edited:
I have been using Cubetek Himedia q5 media player box since last 8 months and can confirm it plays every format (sound/video) be it mkv, h264, dolby Atmos/truehd, dts hdma, etc. flawlessly. It's available on Amazon India for around 13.5 k

Is anybody knows the performance of dune HD media player or any other media layer with the same price range as himedia?

Zidoo is a great player for playing mkv files or rather it will play any file thrown at it. It uses the same Realtek chip used in the erstwhile Oppo players.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back