Book shelves with great bass

If you can, check out the Amphion Helium 410. You'll find threads here on these. A fair bit above your budget, though not quite as much as the Dynaudio Focus 160. But speakers to fall in love with.

In my experience, the amplification has an important role to play in producing dry and reasonably tight bass especially in smaller speakers. The proac tablette speakers that I used to own would go much deeper and cleaner with the Symphonic line RG14 than with my 15 watt tube amp. Even within tubes a hundred watt LM Audio was clearly better defined than the low powered one. You might then want to factor in amp power and quality as important. All this is of course not to doubt the importance of the room and the appointments within that

ELAC's Uni-Fi UB5 by Andrew Jones .... coming in April ..... Will be added to the list of BS with great bass....

I need suggestions in selecting bookshelves for 100 % music use.

Please share the brand/models of Bookshelves with great bass .....no muddiness ..... Under 50k

+1. That's a real good deal.

Can DIY BS give great bass?

Sure but be prepared for countless hours on researching on TSPs, box and crossover design et al. Or get a kit from the likes of Danny Richie, Jeff Bagby, Phil Bamberg, or sites like Madisound, Partsexpress, DIY Sound Group etc; but mind you, they don't come cheap.

If your listening room is smaller, then don't buy rear ported speakers. Better to buy sealed enclosure or front ported speakers. The sound will not be booming and the placement will be easy as nearest of the walls, so that you will get your sitting and listening area as much sufficient with additional furniture.
Cheers.

Try some from the PMC range... even their BS are TL design and go deeper than most other speakers...

In my experience, the amplification has an important role to play in producing dry and reasonably tight bass especially in smaller speakers. The proac tablette speakers that I used to own would go much deeper and cleaner with the Symphonic line RG14 than with my 15 watt tube amp. Even within tubes a hundred watt LM Audio was clearly better defined than the low powered one. You might then want to factor in amp power and quality as important. All this is of course not to doubt the importance of the room and the appointments within that

Second that! The Kef ls50 with poor amplification is weak in bass. However the same small speakers with quality power amps seem to dish out solid bass when I listened to them.

paradigm Titan Monitor

these are high sensitivity speakers, front ported, large mid bass driver as well..

will work with low powered amps too..

Bookshelf speakers with Great Bass - Polk Audio LSi9.
Many who had a chance to listen, compared them to much higher priced speakers as well as few towers too.
Used to sell below 50k. Too bad it's discontinued & replaced with a speaker twice its price.:(

Dynaudio is one of the best examples that Book shelves can produce great bass

Yes, they are wonderful but need solid amplification due to low sensitivity. Also stands and placement is key. However 50k budget will need to be improved. They are frightfully expensive these days due to weakening rupee.However, dont expect hip hop friendly bass from bookshelves.:D

hey our FM Hari Iyer makes excellent TL speakers. He was making a small bookshelf as his latest project. I am sure he can make one for you well within your budget. He makes good speakers!

I had the Polk LSi9 for a brief period of time. Very well built with a gloss black finish on the top/bottom. Bi ampable, more the power better the bass gets. Used to drive them with a 180 watt Luxman. Also drove them with a 7-8 watt SET and they did sound good.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back