Booked a Harman Kardon 3390

aeroash

I have finally ordered the Harman Kardon 3390!!!!:D
i bought it off shopyourworld for Rs.13,700/-.(inclusive of shipping)...i was amazed too:yahoo:
plus about 3,500/- for customs..:indifferent14:

when i queried the JBL store in Bangalore they gave me a quote for Rs.26,000/-:mad:

awaiting patiently for my HK to arrive in about 2 weeks from today!:yahoo:

next stop is to buy the wharfedale 9.2's and the carnival silverscreen cables.. ....not too sure how the wharfs will pair up with the HK....but will carry the amp to demo the speakers...love the warm wharfs!:licklips:....

any other warm speakers that might pair well with the HK???

I have finally ordered the Harman Kardon 3390!!!!:D
i bought it off shopyourworld for Rs.13,700/-.(inclusive of shipping)...i was amazed too:yahoo:
plus about 3,500/- for customs..:indifferent14:

when i queried the JBL store in Bangalore they gave me a quote for Rs.26,000/-:mad:

awaiting patiently for my HK to arrive in about 2 weeks from today!:yahoo:

next stop is to buy the wharfedale 9.2's and the carnival silverscreen cables.. ....not too sure how the wharfs will pair up with the HK....but will carry the amp to demo the speakers...love the warm wharfs!:licklips:....

any other warm speakers that might pair well with the HK???

===============================================

dunno about warm.. but you may want to try PSB or Paradigm Atom Monitor or Mini Monitors

mpw

How you are going to solve the voltage issue , 120V to 220V here? Please let me know. Me too looking for an AVR to simplify my setup.

Hi,

you need to buy a step down converter to get 220v to 110v. so thats +3k approx...

make sure you buy proper converter as it needs proper frequency too...

regards,

sandeep

i already have a converter....so no issues for me...
i guess the paradigms will be a tad bright for me.

Not sure what the brand is but I think this one shld be pretty warm :rolleyes:

burning-speaker2.jpg

How you are going to solve the voltage issue , 120V to 220V here? Please let me know. Me too looking for an AVR to simplify my setup.

hey tanmoy...you need to get a Step-Up converter...since you are converting 110 to 220...and not the other way around like Sandeep mentioned ;)

you can get a good one for 2k from your local electronic store; or you can get it assembled with a local electronic guy...make sure he know's what he's doing though ;)

i already had a product from the US...hence i bought a converter....but it's one time investment (they last a little less than 'forever' :D).....the only downside is they are a little bulky and they become an EXTRA piece of equipment :indifferent14:

tons of brands available in SP Road ... Know your AVR pwr consumption and add 20 to 30% extra and buy the converter.

hey tanmoy...you need to get a Step-Up converter...since you are converting 110 to 220...and not the other way around like Sandeep mentioned ;)

you can get a good one for 2k from your local electronic store; or you can get it assembled with a local electronic guy...make sure he know's what he's doing though ;)

i already had a product from the US...hence i bought a converter....but it's one time investment (they last a little less than 'forever' :D).....the only downside is they are a little bulky and they become an EXTRA piece of equipment :indifferent14:

Hey aeroash,

since you are getting this receiver from US, it is manufactured to operate at 110v. but here in India voltage input would be 220V. Hence you need to bring down the voltage to 110V so that the receiver works as you have mentioned its not step-up but step-down voltage converter you need.

regards,

sandeep

Hey aeroash,

since you are getting this receiver from US, it is manufactured to operate at 110v. but here in India voltage input would be 220V. Hence you need to bring down the voltage to 110V so that the receiver works as you have mentioned its not step-up but step-down voltage converter you need.

regards,

sandeep

Hey sandeep

My bad:eek:....you are right...the voltage has to be stepped down...from 220 to 110....mine is a step up /step down transformer...so i never realised my mistake..:D...

Hey no ones suggested me any speakers as yet!:mad:
...except for the explosive ones Kittu so lovingly mentioned :rolleyes:

i forgot to mention i already own a yamaha yst 015sub...so that takes care of the lows...will the entire set-up gel well if i get thinner speakers (like the wharf 9.1)...9.2 has slightly bigger drivers taking care of the lows upto 45hz....but since i already have a sub does it make sense going for bigger drivers?....please please enlighten...

Harman goes very wll with JBL and Infinity.
But sound is not WARM ..the combination has massive punchj

Well done aero.

23500 for the same in Mumbai.:eek:
HK3390.

And because the interior works aint finished int eh room, the amp still sits in a box.
:mad:

I don't think you should worry too much about the Voltage situation. while 'baby' is in the mail. Most American high priced tech toys are coming with 110/220v switchable inputs. You MUST check though, and then in the worst case pick up a step-up transformer.

Be careful the ampere and wattage readings are pretty stiff on the 3390.

Shopyourworld-:clapping:

The PSBs sound cryatal clear, clean, gentle and divine thru this amp, but if you get book shelves, then a powered sub is a must. See my second system below.... you may differ on the sub, but need you will if you take the ne PSB BS... I took the last remaining B25 pair from LaKozy.

KD

Last edited:
hey thanks kamlesh...
will definitely have a look at the PSB's...you have made them sound delicious.
once the amp lands the auditions begin :yahoo:

hey thanks kamlesh...
will definitely have a look at the PSB's...you have made them sound delicious.
once the amp lands the auditions begin :yahoo:

Get ready to travel to chennai or mumbai :p no dealer in blr for auditions. Hope some members having PSB can chip in and help ya ... :rolleyes:

u didnt go for 3490?

i have a 12x10 room and more often than not i listen to music at soft volumes....but need be i must be able to blast the house with ample volume :D...hence the choice...besides the 3490 costs about 22,500/-(plus customs)...which doesn't make much sense for my kind of needs...(besides budget restrictions) ...not too sure if there's a difference in sound quality other than the 120w power rating.

was just wondering why the HK's are not much spoken about in this forum...there's a lot going on about the Nad's. Marantz's and the Cambridge Audio's...i have heard all of the above ...but the Hk's are pretty clean and awesome built...any reason why the HK's aren't spoken much about???:rolleyes:

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back