Booked a Harman Kardon 3390

Get ready to travel to chennai or mumbai :p no dealer in blr for auditions. Hope some members having PSB can chip in and help ya ... :rolleyes:

OH MAN!...
what a bummer....i'm keeping travelling as an option if none of the ones i have short listed match

no idea. But I like HK sound. Maybe you can post some comparisons with other brand stuff. I have hk stereo amp, a little vintage. It sounds very clean to me.

i have a 12x10 room and more often than not i listen to music at soft volumes....but need be i must be able to blast the house with ample volume :D...hence the choice...besides the 3490 costs about 22,500/-(plus customs)...which doesn't make much sense for my kind of needs...(besides budget restrictions) ...not too sure if there's a difference in sound quality other than the 120w power rating.

was just wondering why the HK's are not much spoken about in this forum...there's a lot going on about the Nad's. Marantz's and the Cambridge Audio's...i have heard all of the above ...but the Hk's are pretty clean and awesome built...any reason why the HK's aren't spoken much about???:rolleyes:

my HK finally arrived today!!:yahoo:
and that too in excellent condition...the packing was simply superb.
i myself am in the manufacturing industry and i'm pretty proud of our packing skills...but i can tell you in all honesty Shop Your World have done an absolute fantastic packing job...in such packing conditions i cannot be afraid of any mishandling...the original box was packed with another outer box with foam all around and sealed with plastic.:clapping:

the amp itself looked pretty classy...it's suprisingly quite big...and the fit and finish is quite good as with all HK Products....i'm just dying to try it out...but will have to wait a untill the first week of dec...thats when i'll be carrying my amp and the marantz 6002 cdp for a speaker audition...i have the energy XL 250 on offer...lets see how they match :indifferent14:

my HK finally arrived today!!:yahoo:
and that too in excellent condition...the packing was simply superb.
i myself am in the manufacturing industry and i'm pretty proud of our packing skills...but i can tell you in all honesty Shop Your World have done an absolute fantastic packing job...in such packing conditions i cannot be afraid of any mishandling...the original box was packed with another outer box with foam all around and sealed with plastic.:clapping:

the amp itself looked pretty classy...it's suprisingly quite big...and the fit and finish is quite good as with all HK Products....i'm just dying to try it out...but will have to wait a untill the first week of dec...thats when i'll be carrying my amp and the marantz 6002 cdp for a speaker audition...i have the energy XL 250 on offer...lets see how they match :indifferent14:
====================================================

The 3390 has got good reviews as a stereo amplifier. do post some pics if possible and do let the forum know the sound when matched to the marantz CDP. The Energy XL is not on their website and it may be an older model ( but not that you shouldnt try ).

Arent you looking at other brands for speakers ?

regards,
mpw

====================================================

The 3390 has got good reviews as a stereo amplifier. do post some pics if possible and do let the forum know the sound when matched to the marantz CDP. The Energy XL is not on their website and it may be an older model ( but not that you shouldnt try ).

Arent you looking at other brands for speakers ?

regards,
mpw

thanks @santy and @novice ...will post my impressions very soon...as soon as the amp burns in :rolleyes:...:D

will be checking out other speakers as well....any suggestions for a budget of less than 20k???..please advise....BS or FS ..any will do

i'm using the amp to power a yamaha YST SW015 sub and a pair of bose 141 mini bookshelves (or whatever the hell they are) untill i buy a pair of decent speakers in dec :rolleyes:.........the sound is warm (dark maybe) and very very clean, it sure is a pleasure to listen to the laidback sound....it's potential will only be realised with a set of good bookshelves or FS's.

the energy xl 250 were released in 2002...they are more like compact floor standers...they are a used pair ofcourse...and the best part...they are Made in CANADA ...you can only expect great quality!...can't wait to audition them...i'll post my sessions with the above gear in the first week of dec!...till then...fingers crossed for me :indifferent14:

having a wooden rack made next week...will post pics once i get the speakers...it's only fair that i post pics of a completed setup isn't it..ahem :indifferent14:. .....:D

thanks @santy and @novice ...will post my impressions very soon...as soon as the amp burns in :rolleyes:...:D

Seriously you are gonna burn the amp after spending somuch money and time to get it home ... :rolleyes: go easy on that burn-in thing and use the amp :D

What price you are quoted for those energy speakers? They seem to have decent review but you will probably need lil more powered speakers to balance this amp.. This one is a killer :cool:

Congrats dude, I too own a HK AVR 130 which i baught 5 yrs ago was catching dust until last month, when i actually realise what a gem i owned. BTW i use Infinity bookshelves and Infinity SUB. Outcome is good.

Reynold

Seriously you are gonna burn the amp after spending somuch money and time to get it home ... :rolleyes: go easy on that burn-in thing and use the amp :D

What price you are quoted for those energy speakers? They seem to have decent review but you will probably need lil more powered speakers to balance this amp.. This one is a killer :cool:

some fetish for burning speakers and equipment kittu??...:rolleyes:..:D

i was quoted 16k...what speakers do u have in mind?...

Congrats dude, I too own a HK AVR 130 which i baught 5 yrs ago was catching dust until last month, when i actually realise what a gem i owned. BTW i use Infinity bookshelves and Infinity SUB. Outcome is good.

Reynold

thanks buddy...Infinity and JBL are both owned by Harman...they'll match very well with HK's for obvious reasons....not too keen on the JBL's...have never heard the infinity'..

some fetish for burning speakers and equipment kittu??...:rolleyes:..:D

i was quoted 16k...what speakers do u have in mind?...

Energy XL-250 - left / right channel speakers specifications
General Product Type Left / right channel speakers Width 5.9 in Depth 12.2 in Height 33.1 in Weight 30.0 lbs Enclosure Color Black ash Enclosure Material MDF Speaker System System Components 2 speakers Speaker Type 2-way - Passive Response Bandwidth -19958.0 Hz Input Impedance 8.0 Ohm Recommended Amplifier Power -135.0 Watt Sensitivity 93.0 dB Crossover Frequency 2200Hz Output Features Bass Reflex Magnetic Shield Yes Connectivity Technology Wired Recommended Placing Floor-standing Detachable Grilles Yes Speaker System Details Speakers Included 2.0 x Right/left channel speaker - 2-way - -19958.0 Hz - 8.0 Ohm - Floor-standing - Wired Driver Details Right/left channel speaker : 2.0 x Tweeter driver - 140.0 mm - Polypropylene , Right/left channel speaker : 1.0 x Woofer driver - 19.0 mm - Aluminum Miscellaneous Remote Control None AV Furniture None Power Power Device None Battery Type None

Spec look macho .. May be you shld definitly give them a listen paired with your amp.....

Energy XL-250 - left / right channel speakers specifications
General Product Type Left / right channel speakers Width 5.9 in Depth 12.2 in Height 33.1 in Weight 30.0 lbs Enclosure Color Black ash Enclosure Material MDF Speaker System System Components 2 speakers Speaker Type 2-way - Passive Response Bandwidth -19958.0 Hz Input Impedance 8.0 Ohm Recommended Amplifier Power -135.0 Watt Sensitivity 93.0 dB Crossover Frequency 2200Hz Output Features Bass Reflex Magnetic Shield Yes Connectivity Technology Wired Recommended Placing Floor-standing Detachable Grilles Yes Speaker System Details Speakers Included 2.0 x Right/left channel speaker - 2-way - -19958.0 Hz - 8.0 Ohm - Floor-standing - Wired Driver Details Right/left channel speaker : 2.0 x Tweeter driver - 140.0 mm - Polypropylene , Right/left channel speaker : 1.0 x Woofer driver - 19.0 mm - Aluminum Miscellaneous Remote Control None AV Furniture None Power Power Device None Battery Type None

Spec look macho .. May be you shld definitly give them a listen paired with your amp.....

i know....too bad last time i came to bangalore the power went off and i didnt get a chance to audition the speakers...want to check them out when i come to bangalore in thefirst week of dec?...i'll be carrying my amp and the marantz 6002 cdp that @suri is going to give me tomorrow...:yahoo:

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back